Camaro Could Spawn Large Cadillac

ehaase

Aren't good sales enough to merit selling a vehicle? I think some people just don't get it, if it sells produce the vehicle. Toyota lives with no RWD cars in there line-up! **There on fire!** (I am excluding Lexus!) We all want is best for GM and sales help big-time so don't get rid of a strong seller to make a RWD version that I bet sells LESS. RWD performance only goes so far! The DTS is not a car that is right for that, the CTS and STS are of course but not the DTS. It offers a car to dollar ratio that is hard to beat in todays luxury market. All GM needs to do is give it a 6spd. automatic and an update frame or all new. It would be developement money well spent. If you think RWD is the wave of the future then you are wrong, it will be part of the future but not all of it. Wonder why GM has upped the game so much will the new 2008 Malibu? I don't, because that is going to sell like hot-cakes with any luck. The DTS sells to strong to risk pissing away loyal buyers and sales. I don't think you get it that not everyone wants nor cares for RWD and taking an excellent seller that is currently FWD and switching it to RWD without a proper replacement is nuts. Chevy is doing it right by moving the Malibu up in size and market and changing the Impala to RWD. Without anyother large FWD Cadillac to take the DTS's place it is STUPID!

Edited by gm4life

What I get from reviewing sales figures each month is that most people willing to pay over $35,000 for a car (not crossover) want RWD, while buyers of mid sized and small cars are happy with FWD. What I also get is that the DTS is no longer an excellent seller. I also get that sales of large FWD cars have been declining for years now. Now whether Cadillac should get a version of Epsilon II to compete with the Lexus ES350 may be another issue worthy of debate, and I don't know the answer to that.

They still sold close to 4K DTS's this past month not bad considering, most people buy the new Cadillac the first model year. I think the Lucerne and DTS deserve a new and large FWD platform Epsilon II/Lambada/Chi I don't care but if they could get one it could also be shared with the Saab 9-5 to move that more upmarket in size and performance. I think a new 3.6L Turbo V6 would suit it nicely! The DTS is big Cadillac seller and switching it to RWD is to big of a risk, even I think for Cadillac to take. Just get a new FWD platform for the Lucerne and DTS there is still enough time!