Dumbass Awards

For the record the name of this thread was changed (by Fly?) I don't think the guy's

a dumbass, I think he's a hick who's smarter than the average redneck and can

think ouotside the box. Good for him, I do not have anything against muslims but I

think that what he's doing is pretty funny. I'm laughing with him, not at him.

Sure it shows a bit of bigotry but no one is hurt in the process. On the Daily Show a

representative of this K.I.A. (what a stupid name!) said tyhe pig races were no

different than burning a cross on someone's lawn. Get a life looser. <_<

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241897,00.html

Let them build their mosque. Let him have his pig races. This is America. From what I interpreted out of this is, there is intolerance on both sides. Of the fence.

Yes, freedom is freedom is freedom!

You're not very smart are you? :huh:

Don't go attacking me... I have a right to my opinion. :angry:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Don't go attacking me... I have a right to my opinion. :angry:

My opinion is that anyone who says something like "sure there is bigotry, but who is it hurting?" doesn't actually understand the relatively simple concept of what bigotry is or what it does. So your opinion isn't actually an opinion as much as it is a falsehood.

My opinion is that anyone who says something like "sure there is bigotry, but who is it hurting?" doesn't actually understand the relatively simple concept of what bigotry is or what it does. So your opinion isn't actually an opinion as much as it is a falsehood.

So let me ask you... are pig races illegal?

If the Muslims had an anti-pork protest and they held it outside of a

Pork processign plant would you be offended? How exactly is the

guy hurting anyone? Are the pigs racist? Perhaps the Islamic people

could join us in the 21st century & realize they are just an ANIMAL,

there's not exactly anything hurtfull about a bunch of religious

people with their panties in a bunch. Some Catholics think that gay

people are EVIL and are going to hell, does that mean it would be

RACISM and BIGGOTRY if a gay couple moved into a house that

was next to a Catholic Church???

You want to know about "dumbass awards", how about the muslim

lady who wanted to keep her burka on in her driver's license photo!

That's stupid and childish. Pig Races to deter a muslim mosque is

just plain creative if you ask me.

This Pig Race guy gets my seal of approval, same as the guy who

went around Mormon neighborhoods w/ pamphlets about ATHEISM.

He knocked on people's doors and then when they came out he

tried to tell them all about how God does not exist etc.

I want to do that to the local Jehowa's Witnesses HQ. :lol:

The redneck holding the pig races thinking they will deter a mosque is quite obviously racist. One would think that the foreign guy, the immigrant, who I bet at some point in his life has been bigoted against, would understand. Never mind, its like trying to explain Nietzsche to my five year old nephew, it just wont take.

Sorry, Sixty, but I have to agree with the masses here. This is in bad taste. It is fine to disagree with someone's faith, but it is another thing to mock it. This is like slaughtering a cow in front of a Hindu or burning a cross in front of a Christian. Freedom of religion is a right given to every American citizen, so they can worship whoever they want without fear. Furthermore, most religions ultimately preach love for your neighbor, even your enemy. Just let them build the mosque and let God sort it all out when we die.

At the risk of getting impaled here, I would like to point this out from the article.

"It's not an appropriate place to have a mosque or church," said resident

For those yelling racism, it seems the residents do not want ANY thing that would add traffic or change their neighborhood. The quote above shows they wouldn't want a church there either. They would probably take action against a chain store trying to move in as well (although that is just an inference made from the concerns the residents voice in the article)

Also, how could this be racism? I could understand if people brought up religious intolerance, but Islam is not a race, it is a religion. Members of a Jewish Synagogue would have a similar reaction.

We've seen a lot of people trying to keep their neighborhoods small, this is another example of that. That said, I think the KIA showed some pretty poor research when that decided to move in next to a pig farm.

Z28 Lover: In poor taste? That I will agree with.

But it is NOT racist or anything like burning a cross on someone's front lawn.

For starters it's HIS property. He's got rights too!!!

If he smeared pig's blood on the doors of the mosque then THAT would be a

hate crime along the lines of a burning cross.

Satty: Yes, you're right about me having been discriminated against. More

than you'll ever know. But you know what, just cause I'm a fuzzy foreigner

does not mean I have lost all common sense like so much of this country!

We've seen a lot of people trying to keep their neighborhoods small, this is another example of that. That said, I think the KIA showed some pretty poor research when that decided to move in next to a pig farm.

THANK YOU!!!

If there's a big enough community to support a muslim mosque in Texas than there's a big enough

community SOMEWHERE else in that area where no one will mind a mosque... in the middle of land

that belonged to a farm might not be the best location. Dumbasses.

Location, location, location. They shouldn't have to sell land they've bought and go through the buying, zoning, etc crap again at a possibly less convenient location for their membership because of some (attempted) subtle racism. You really think anyone is bitching because of traffic that might be an issue a couple of hours a week? If it were a Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, whatever church this pig farmer would be up there helping them build it.

Eh, this thread is getting dicey.

Im going to side with 68 here.

Its the guys property, his pigs, and he can do what he wants.

KIA knew there was a pig farm next door, and still chose that site. They can deal with the problems that arise from that decision. It is disrespectfull to their faith what he is doing, but cry me a river. I dont see the comparison to cross burning here at all.

um..flame suit on... :ph34r:

Now that's funny. :ph34r:

I'll have tocheck out this "somethingawful.com"