Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

More Holden Shots In America

Guest Josh

God all this back and forth speculation and rumors are driving me nuts. I want my 5th gen. Camaro. *has temper tantrum on floor*

That Station Wagon photograph reveals a far bigger story than anybody has realized. The information is in plain view and nobody has picked up on it yet.

Look at this section of the photograph of the Wagon from the VWvortex Forums:

Posted Image

Now look at this image of the same section of the current VZ Commodore Wagon that I cropped out of an image I just downloaded from the Holden web site:

Posted Image

What's in a different location?

The big question is "why is it in a different location?".

For the answer, think back to the really major change that Holden made to the Monaro to turn it into the GTO.

Fuel tank location making it acceptable for the US market without murdering the cargo space?

[post="21203"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Bingo. The fuel filler is shifted, so the tank probably has been relocated to meet US regulations.

I'll bet that a photograph of the right rear flank of the sedans would have also revealed a shifted gas filler.

They are either development mules testing out some of the next generation Holden engineering ... or they're planning an imminent US release of the Holden Wagon and possibly the Sedan as well. There is no other reason for relocating the filler unless the tank has also been moved to meet US regulations.

Zeta is supposed to be a modified version of the Sigma platform (to make it cheaper allegedly) and as I live a ocean away from the closest Caddy dealer, can anyone tell me where the gas tank is located in a Caddy CTS? In front of the rear axle line? If so this may give a clue about the location of the fuel filler in the VZ/VE mule.

Photo enhancement of the 3 shots of the Sedans appears to indicate that there are both left and right side exhaust outlets (as per the 2005 GTO). An outlet on the right is not possible with a standard Commodore gas tank.

Posted Image

As long as they don't put the tank in the boot as per GTO cause it really stuffed up the boot space and customers here did not find that too appealing. Hopefully they will finally get rid of the internal boot hinges in the move to VE as well!

I wouldn't want to make a guess but I do agree that with a moved fuel filler door, it would make it complaint to US regulations, which could very well mean that they are development mules for some form of Holden move to the US, either with new product for Pontiac (although the wagon might be a bad idea), or with a little bit of new product for everyone.

wow, zeta has sigma components as well as components (firewall, etc) from the VE cars. very interesting.....is it time for an insider to chime in? can we possibly see a replacement for the GP or a Buick RWD sedan in time for the 2007 model year? Or this could be testing for the next Zeta....

I hope this means something :), other than that we are reading to much into it of course :( . Of course, there are still those rumors about a RWD Chevrolet sedan coming and that there will be a wagon variant (BelAir and Nomad or Caprice / Caprice Wagon) floating around, and that would be awsome. David

The rear shot from the link in the original post shows a current VZ Commodore with flared guards indicating a wider track. Along with this, the relocated fuel filler suggest that these are VE mules, as previously stated. The VE is designed with the fuel tank forward of the rear axle which makes it compliant with US regulations as stock. It doesn't mean that VE is intended for US release, however, as this may have just been a product of the original 'Zeta' plan prior to cancellation (or delay, or whatever it is).

I agree. The more I look at those photographs on the VWVortex site, the more convinced I am that they are Commodore VE engineering mules wearing modified VZ bodywork, and not reworked VZ models for the US market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An outlet on the right is not possible with a standard Commodore gas tank.

Wow.. now we know why americans call australians stupid.. of course its possible to have an outlet on the Righ hand side.. its just alot of screwing around to get it done.. but it is definately possible! 110% sure on that..

Wow.. now we know why americans call australians stupid.. of course its possible to have an outlet on the Righ hand side.. its just alot of screwing around to get it done.. but it is definately possible! 110% sure on that..

[post="36061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

OK, I'll change that.

Unless you plan on doing something lame like running a section of pipe across the back of the car behind the fuel tank, an exhaust outlet on the right that doesn't involve running the exhaust through the right rear wheel well and wrapping it around the fuel tank in an unsafe manner, is impossible with a standard Commodore fuel tank.

[post="36061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Never heard that before. Do any of the resident Aussies know how I can get down there for free?

• 4 weeks later...

That Station Wagon photograph reveals a far bigger story than anybody has realized. The information is in plain view and nobody has picked up on it yet.

Look at this section of the photograph of the Wagon from the VWvortex Forums:

Posted Image

Now look at this image of the same section of the current VZ Commodore Wagon that I cropped out of an image I just downloaded from the Holden web site:

Posted Image

What's in a different location?

The big question is "why is it in a different location?".

For the answer, think back to the really major change that Holden made to the Monaro to turn it into the GTO.

[post="21202"][/post]

I am Thinking it has been moved because holden has just modified ther 3.6 alloytec into a dual fuel model.
It has direct injection LPG and has allmost no power loss so maybe thats why i has been moved

The Pic on the LS1.com Forum is a fake. Didn't anyone know that 6-12 months ago Holden sent a VY Wagon from Melbourne airport to the U.S with Quad Exhaust. The reason Holden is moving the tank has nothing to do with the U.S, We have had some rear accidents of late with VT VX's and some very hard hit's to the rear have ignited the fuel tank it's more safety wise this is being done. And on zeta it has more to do with Mercedes then sigma, I don't know where the zeta being based of the sigma come from?. And the only way to get a VN-VZ Commodore Sedan with Twin pipes like the Monaro with the standard rear tank is to have part of it removed and fiberglassed you may loose 15-30% of the tank capacity.

Mate, scroll to the bottom photo on LS1.com.au link. Not a fake

[post="48145"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The First pic is a fake. If you go on it shows you someone has used the VY Which sits with fat guards and qaud exhuast to make it out to be a VE pic. Yes VE sits under that VY body but that car is not the VE.
This was done with fake ad-ons like Monaro lights strecthed body etc. A Photo-shop job and bad to.
This is the Real VE.... in full VE here -1 VE here-2

The First pic is a fake. If you go on it shows you someone has used the VY Which sits with fat guards and qaud exhuast to make it out to be a VE pic. Yes VE sits under that VY body but that car is not the VE.
This was done with fake ad-ons like Monaro lights strecthed body etc. A Photo-shop job and bad to.
This is the Real VE....  in full VE here -1 VE here-2

[post="48776"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Never said that was VE, nor photos in this thread. Read the thread before diving in.

Never said that was VE, nor photos in this thread. Read the thread before diving in.

[post="48912"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So when i said it was a fake the first pic and you said scroll down it's no fake, What did you mean?
And i never said you said that it was the VE. And i have not mentioned anything about photos in this thread.

I don't need to read that LS1 thread I'm in it. Edited by Slick_Holden