Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spy shots '08 Lucerne & Lacrosse

buickguy

The Lucerne looks good from what I can see, but its enormously amorphous headlamps will need some sharpening in order to complete the look.

I'd be surprised if the Lacrosse kept it's current headlamp setup as shown here.

The Lucerne looks good from what I can see, but its enormously amorphous headlamps will need some sharpening in order to complete the look.

I'd be surprised if the Lacrosse kept it's current headlamp setup as shown here.

I don't think they'll change the LaCrosse's headlamps being that they stated they're not changing the hoods, and the hood of the LaCrosse has creases for the headlamps. Would be nice if they updated the headlights. I hope they at least tweak the center stack a bit.

The LaCrosse has the entire fender covered, but there are no protrusions to indicate ventiports.

Well, we saw the other spy photo that showed there would be ventiports. Since they're just add-ons, I imagine they just didn't stick them on this one.

Maybe the Lucerne will have a 6spd. automatic? Or am I dreaming?

probably, but it would be a great way to bring in more customers/ and lots more trade in's, but it'd go to the dts first

even makeup can't help an ugly chick, and lord knows a new grill for the LaCrosse won't do anything. Ugliest car in GM's lineup and a disgrace to the concept car.

While I lament those fish-eyed headlamps, the car is not ugly at all. If they just did something different with the headlights to go with the new grill and got rid of some of those granny-panny rims this car would look very respectable imo.

While I lament those fish-eyed headlamps, the car is not ugly at all. If they just did something different with the headlights to go with the new grill and got rid of some of those granny-panny rims this car would look very respectable imo.

You know I can't truly disagree with you. But it is the headlights that really kill me (too much like the failed taurus). And it was also the fact that the concept car looked sooooo damn sexy. But can't win it all and I will still hold true that I think the LaCrosse is the ugliest mid size sedan or bigger car on the market from GM.

I use to be a big Buick fan too. The old regal trumps the lacrosse.

even makeup can't help an ugly chick, and lord knows a new grill for the LaCrosse won't do anything. Ugliest car in GM's lineup and a disgrace to the concept car.

Thats a gross exaggeration! Other than the fact that Buick copied Lexus and the previous gen Hyundai Sonata with the headlights this car is hardly bad looking. The grille was a bit small and the tail lights are pretty generic but at least the LaCrosse avoids the dull plain smooth sided look of so many newly introduced models and the 17" chrome wheels that are std on the CSX are really nice looking. The greenhouse is from the 'been there done that' crowd but so is every other mid size car. All this car needed was a more powerfull and larger grille, better head lights and a return to the long horizontal tail lights to really look better. A 224 hp 3500 V6 with extra quiet tuning would be nice for the new base engine and the 3.6 should be upgraded to the 252 hp varient ala Saturn Aura/2008 Malibu. I also hope the Lucerne gets a better standard engine or at the very least an optional 3.6 for those of us that want a more modern, and powerful V6 engine that still gets decent mileage.

They are starting to look like Chinese Buicks now. I wonder what the interiors look like? The overall shapes and the way they look is what I am referring to. I wonder if these are just the "Super" editions and not the entire line. The Lucerne in that photo looks beefed up.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Big deal. The LaCrosse has the same stupid headlamps.

The Lucerne's headlamps look pretty much the same, but I can't really tell for sure on those.

Not really worthy of the camo in my opinion.

They are starting to look like Chinese Buicks now. I wonder what the interiors look like? The overall shapes and the way they look is what I am referring to. I wonder if these are just the "Super" editions and not the entire line. The Lucerne in that photo looks beefed up.

I was thinking that too.

Thats a gross exaggeration! Other than the fact that Buick copied Lexus and the previous gen Hyundai Sonata with the headlights this car is hardly bad looking. The grille was a bit small and the tail lights are pretty generic but at least the LaCrosse avoids the dull plain smooth sided look of so many newly introduced models and the 17" chrome wheels that are std on the CSX are really nice looking. The greenhouse is from the 'been there done that' crowd but so is every other mid size car. All this car needed was a more powerfull and larger grille, better head lights and a return to the long horizontal tail lights to really look better. A 224 hp 3500 V6 with extra quiet tuning would be nice for the new base engine and the 3.6 should be upgraded to the 252 hp varient ala Saturn Aura/2008 Malibu. I also hope the Lucerne gets a better standard engine or at the very least an optional 3.6 for those of us that want a more modern, and powerful V6 engine that still gets decent mileage.

I'm not talking about the powertrain or interior. I am speaking strictly of it's outside appearance. It is the most disappointing car GM has put out in a long time. I love Buicks, and I love their direction they are going on (the Enclave is one of the most beautiful autos on the market) but the Lacrosse is just plain ugly. No way around it. I also think the Lucerne is very handsome.

Lacrosse concept:

Posted Image

Final Lacrosse:

Posted Image

I like everything about the LaCrosse concept, except the headlights. I think they're too small, poorly shaped, and too low. I never liked the production car's headlights either, but if a last-gen LeSabre is parked next to one, I can see an evolution of that cars' headlights in the LaCrosse if I give them the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, Taurus all the way. Not a good car to copy any part of.

Ya you know you are in trouble when the company (Jaguar) who styling you are trying to emulate (copy?) says the look just doesn't work anymore (see 2007 Jaguar C-XF Concept).

I don't think they'll change the LaCrosse's headlamps being that they stated they're not changing the hoods, and the hood of the LaCrosse has creases for the headlamps. Would be nice if they updated the headlights.

I am somewhat happy. The grille looks to be other than an oval. It also looks like it leans back in, at least at the top.

I was hoping they would ditch the teary-looking headlights (making them look more like those of Lucerne), but what they've done is better than nothing. The headlights had to go, too.

Is the 3800 remaining as the base engine? I would imagine.

Sorry I'm late...

The new LaCrosse grille looks good but as someone else said, you can only polish a turd so much. The refreshed Lucerne looks nice. Did GM do some nip/tucking? It looks a bid sharper and more creased.

Sorry I'm late...

The new LaCrosse grille looks good but as someone else said, you can only polish a turd so much. The refreshed Lucerne looks nice. Did GM do some nip/tucking? It looks a bid sharper and more creased.

I doubt they changed it--it's prob just the camo. I mean, it gives the appearance of a little more of an aggressive look, but again I doubt it. I'd love some interior tweaks to the LaCrosse, and even a minor tweak here or there to the Lucerne, but I know not to hold my breath.

I like everything about the LaCrosse concept, except the headlights. I think they're too small, poorly shaped, and too low. I never liked the production car's headlights either, but if a last-gen LeSabre is parked next to one, I can see an evolution of that cars' headlights in the LaCrosse if I give them the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, Taurus all the way. Not a good car to copy any part of.

I agree. The headlights leave a lot to be desired...

My wife and I are "baby boomers" with bad backs who prefer comfortable, but high performance cars. So we bought a Regal GSE in 2000. The Regal is getting old, so we're ecstatic that the LaCrosse Super will soon be for sale. We've been waiting patiently for Buick to develop a FWD sedan with a combination of comfort and performance. We knew the Super wouldn't be for sale for awhile, so we checked out some other cars with the 5.3 engine. We test drove an Impala SS and a Grand Prix GXP to check out their seats and performance. Both are great cars, but we thought the seats just weren't comfortable enough for our backs. We then test drove a 2007 LaCrosse CXS and found its seats to be much more comfortable, but weren't that impressed with the 3.6 engine's performance. In closing, we hope the Super will be a big seller with older hot rodders like us. BTW, because we live in Chicago, we much prefer FWD for driving in snow. However, we realize that most purists will recognize a true muscle car only if it has RWD, not FWD.

PS: Here's another link to a photo of the production car: http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneak...ex.cfm?id=22792

Edited by jpstax

Check out what Ninety-Eight found :AH-HA_wink:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...c=16156&hl=

Wow! Now you're talking! I can't wait to sit in one and take it for a test drive. I think this car will be a big hit for middle and older people (baby boomers) who want comfort, good looks, and great performance all in one car. Plus the 5.3's active fuel management will save gas and money.

Edited by jpstax