Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What Browser Do You Use?

NDL

How much better is Firefox compared to IE?

Now that IE has tabbed browsing with IE7, I would say they are pretty equal when it comes to the basics. Someone who knows Firefox more in depth, could tell you some of the other things it has over IE.

Now that IE has tabbed browsing with IE7, I would say they are pretty equal when it comes to the basics. Someone who knows Firefox more in depth, could tell you some of the other things it has over IE.

I think Firefox is better given the fact its extensions are more versatile. Heck it even has IE Tab extension. So if you want to open an IE supported page just click the button in the bottom right and Voila, you have IE tab in FF, no need to even have IE7 as a seperate browser.

Everyone, thanks for the replies!

Sorry for the lagtime in responding to my own thread, but this week has been crazy...

Surprised at all the Firefox users. I use Firefox too, although it always seems to hang up, when I am viewing something important. On the other hand, it's the only browser that doesn't pick up spyware like a magnet

Sorry for the lagtime in responding to my own thread, but this week has been crazy...

Surprised at all the Firefox users. I use Firefox too, although it always seems to hang up, when I am viewing something important. On the other hand, it's the only browser that doesn't pick up spyware like a magnet

Does it hang up on Adobe Acrobat/Reader documents? Happens to me every so often.

What version of Firefox are you running?

I'm running version 2.0.0.2 with J2SE 1.5.0 without incident on XP Pro SP2. I have noticed some of the themes can impact performance. Fusion Alternative 2 works well for me.

Edited by BigPontiac

SeaMonkey 1.1.1 or 1.1.0 on my Windows machines, and SeaMonkey 1.0.x or 1.1.x on my Linux Machines.

I'd been using the Mozilla Suite for quite a while. I started using Firefox back when it was called Firebird, but as it was developed, some of the ways it did things changed, and I didn't like the way it worked, so I switched back to the Mozilla Suite. When Mozilla was abandoned in Favor of Firefox, and another team created SeaMonkey out of the ashes of the abandoned Mozilla, I switched to the SeaMonkey Suite.