Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Toyota reveals Hybrid X Concept

Posted Image

Toyota today presented the Hybrid X concept at the Geneva Motor Show. The car proposes a new design language for hybrid models, according to the Japanese automaker. Insiders say the Hybrid X also closely points to the design direction for the next-generation Prius.

Leftlane News

Guest YellowJacket894

You know, after seeing the Hybrid X, I've finalized my conclusion that Toyota believes that if that they sold a car that sounded like $h!, looked like $h! on four-wheels, and even smelled like $h!, the American public would buy it.

It looks like it hasn't gotten any sleep in four days. That said, give it a rest, Toyota.

Yeah, um, I don't see why my Aztek is so maligned styling-wise...I mean come on, the Japanese have been putting out uglier stuff every year since the Aztek debuted. Must just be the anti-American bias the U.S. media has these days. This thing just takes the cake on ugly.

Edited by roadwarrior

And there are people who blame GM for unleashing real dogs in the form of Aztecs.

I think design wise Toy is where GM was in the early nineties, i.e. going DOWNHILL.

I honestly do not know what to call, "Son of a Pig" "Daughter of a Pig" or what?

I think Toy did a good job to confuse the people to what ugly character this should be compared to.

Edited by smallchevy

It looks a Previa had sex with an iPod.

Yeah, um, I don't see why my Aztek is so maligned styling-wise...I mean come on, the Japanese have been putting out uglier stuff every year since the Aztek debuted. Must just be the anti-American bias the U.S. media has these days. This thing just takes the cake on ugly.

Now my Aztek does not have to cry at nights in the garage like Eric the Phantom........because it by no means is 'the ugliest' anymore. this toyota thing is 25x ugly!!!!!!!

OK - I'll give everyone's comments their due here.

It is pretty ugly.

However - The idea of the headlights coming out of the bottom of the windshield on a car with a short hood like a Prius or a Yaris, I think makes sense.

I mean, think about the current Yaris and Prius headlights and how bloody long they are. It's the logical extension.

Lucky for us Toyota keeps building uglier and uglier cars. They keep digging there own grave. The 02-06 Camry was ugly and the 07 is really ugly. The Echo was ugly the Yaris is ultra ugly. They are gonna ruin the Land Cruiser and LX-470 too. The first Prius was ugly, the second somewhat better and now this is the worst and ugliest Toyota ever. But the greenies will like it, everyone knows there driving a hybrid. Maybe it is a smidge better looking than the FJ! (Saw one a few days ago, what were they thinking?) That thing is ugly give me an H3x with a 5spd. manual anyday over that, and I am no fan of the 5 cylinder motor. What it really needs is the new 2.8L Diesel V6, then I would be sold and the tq. curve would be perfect! Anyways that is that, good night!