Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Nissan skit.

I ran into a friend of mine last night and he presented a business card showing that he worked for the local Nissan dealer. Obviously he doesn't know that I am such a domestic car enthusiast and supporter.

My other friend I was hanging out with said "What the hell man? Why don't you sell american cars?" because he knew that I would probably shred the guy if he didn't inject a little comedy.

The guy says, and I quote: "Actually, 70% of Nissans parts are manufactured in america and the point of final assmebly is also in america. So, pretty much the last time Nissan was a japanese car was 2000."

My jaw dropped and the guy finished with "People are really concerned about that now."

In repsonse, I could barely choke out (Over anger) "Wow! It's great that they've rehearsed you so well on that script, eventhough it's bull$h!."

He, feeling a little shocked I guess, then said "Hey man, I just sell the cars."

*** I guess the asian companies are now mobilizing their salesmen to pretty much lie enough to displace the domestics as domestic manufacturers. And, of course, we all know that the average american will buy this hook, line and sinker. It makes me so angry that the asians are doing things like this on a dealership level to essentially REMOVE Detroit from the equation. It's not even enough to have preferential treatment in the media, or a public that already considers them as not capable of failure as well as products that aren't much if any better than Detroit products. Now, they want to take Detroit out of the equation completely (In the mind of the consumer) ***

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

He's been misled and confused. Most Nissan-brand models are produced in North America...only the 350Z and Murano are imported. Of the US-built vehicles, I would bet that they have more than 70% domestic content, but to say that "70% of Nissans parts are manufactured in america" or "pretty much the last time Nissan was a japanese car was 2000" would be in error.

Having a direct hand in the Holocaust torturing and killing millions of innocent men, women and children based on nothing more than prejudice and hatred (not to mention anyone who dared to stand aganist them) is as bad a selling a Toyota...

That may be the most retarded thing I have ever read on here.

Having a direct hand in the Holocaust torturing and killing millions of innocent men, women and children based on nothing more than prejudice and hatred (not to mention anyone who dared to stand aganist them) is as bad a selling a Toyota...

+1

Both traitors to their countries as far as I am concerned, the degree makes no difference to me. Now remember I am not American, but German.

There is a huge difference between a company that has sleezy business practices and an army that slaughtered thousands of millions of innocent people and threatened the free world.

Edited by Dodgefan

Nissan includes Infiniti, as both brands are sold here in the US......and their domestic content is 46%.

End of story.......you can't spin it and say "I was just talking about the ones made here".

Nearly all Nissan-branded vehicles are built in North America. A Nissan dealer doesn't sell Infinitis...so it does matter.

Most German soldiers in WWII were regular dudes like you and I.

((YEP!!)) Just ask those American solders who were rebuilding Germany after WWII and how they were treated by the "SCARRY" German people. They grew to LOVE US!! And dont think that the JAPS dident know how to TORTURE people as badly IF NOT MORE SADISTICLY then ANYONE!!

This is making me sick...

I'm not getting into a pissing match of who commited the worse crimes to humanity.

Once again, people feeling the need to drudge up the past has shot another thread to hell.

BTW, racial slurs don't help to bolster your argument. It just makes you look ignorant. Just a heads up.

This is making me sick...

I'm not getting into a pissing match of who commited the worse crimes to humanity.

Once again, people feeling the need to drudge up the past has shot another thread to hell.

BTW, racial slurs don't help to bolster your argument. It just makes you look ignorant. Just a heads up.

Racial slurs? <_<

Yes, complete nonsense... you can't equate selling merchandise to war crimes.. where a consumer product is made ultimately DOESN'T MATTER..what counts is that it is a quality product for a fair price.

Yes, complete nonsense... you can't equate selling merchandise to war crimes.. where a consumer product is made ultimately DOESN'T MATTER..what counts is that it is a quality product for a fair price.

Some people are just too bias and ignorant to know the difference.

We need to get back to the topic at hand. Yes, they are using this to bury Detriot and it is working brilliantly.

Here in Ohio where Accords and Civics are made I am told by lots of people that an Accord is more American than a Chevy or Pontiac.

What can detroit do to change people's perceptions?

Chris

Some people are just too bias and ignorant to know the difference.

I thought that was the theme of this particular thread. Isnt that how it got started?

What can detroit do to change people's perceptions?

Continue to bring out more cars that people want. e.g. malibus, lambdas,

Hope people buy them.

Hope that their image and perception of their image continues to improve with the arrival of these new vehicles.

Lead the way with more innovation technology and design.

Stop closing down U.S. manufacturing and assembly plants.

Respecting people and not using hateful terms to describe them is "P.C.B.S."

Good to know where you stand.

Like your RESPECTING of ME??? I did not mean to OFFEND japanese people by useing a SHORTENED WORD VERSION of the racal type to discribe them!! And I refuse to BOW to your or anyone's PC CHIP ON SHOLDER demands towards PC FASCIST LANGUAGE EDITING!! Is calling me WHITE or CAUCASIAN something I should be OFFENDED BY in this NEW POLITICLY CORRECT BOLSHEVIKI AMERICA that we now live in PLEASE let me know!!---Back on subject the Nissan Corp. is a Franco-Asian owned company so their cars are NOT American products!! Edited by Carguy

Like your RESPECTING of ME??? I did not mean to OFFEND japanese people by useing a SHORTENED WORD VERSION of the racal type to discribe them!! And I refuse to BOW to your or anyone's PC CHIP ON SHOLDER demands towards PC FASCIST LANGUAGE EDITING!! Is calling me WHITE or CAUCASIAN something I should be OFFENDED BY in this NEW POLITICLY CORRECT BOLSHEVIKI AMERICA that we now live in PLEASE let me know!!---Back on subject the Nissan Corp. is a Franco-Asian owned company so their cars are NOT American products!!

Deep Breath. No one ever said that they were American products. They said that 70% of NMC vehicles are made in the United States. While technically "jap" is short for Japaneses, It is quite rude (IMO) to say it, as is the word gyp to gypsy. I think we need to get back to discussing cars.

Like your RESPECTING of ME??? I did not mean to OFFEND japanese people by useing a SHORTENED WORD VERSION of the racal type to discribe them!! And I refuse to BOW to your or anyone's PC CHIP ON SHOLDER demands towards PC FASCIST LANGUAGE EDITING!! Is calling me WHITE or CAUCASIAN something I should be OFFENDED BY in this NEW POLITICLY CORRECT BOLSHEVIKI AMERICA that we now live in PLEASE let me know!!

Yeah, because calling someone a "J-p" is just as innocent calling you "white" or "caucasian". :banghead:

I didn't even tell you to stop using the word; I just said using it makes you look ignorant. Use it all you want, just don't expect me to respect you for it.

f@#k it, I'm done with this thread.

Like your RESPECTING of ME??? I did not mean to OFFEND japanese people by useing a SHORTENED WORD VERSION of the racal type to discribe them!!

'Shortened word version'? Nope, that's a racial slur..you are only making yourself sound like a redneck...and you need a spell checker.

It is not a lack of intelligence, its a lack of vision. You have to open your eyes before you are able to see. Ill leave you these last thoughts as to illuminati you.

A Zen student once asked his master: "Does FOG seek enlightenment?" To which the Zen master replied "No. Enlightenment seeks FOG." At that moment the student became enlightened.

Okay, so the thread of actual events that happened and hold merit because they facts presented are inaccurate, went from racial slurs to a "bash FOG" event.

Wow, I must've really pissed Mr. K off with the Toyota thread. (This brings me great joy, BTW. Obviously you're relatively new not to know this)

And then I get insulted, as usual, by the first of the fallen admin. (LOL) Not sure when I pissed Satty off though, must've been back in the day.

Not a month ago I was getting chastised for "trolling" other people, yet now certain people are doing the exact same thing to me.

I'm so glad to be back! It's just like the good 'ole days! (And I mean that in a sincere way)