• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1971 Chevrolet commercial and lineup

This makes me really really miss my 71 Chevelle that I owned for so long.

Those were some great cars for their era.

Sadly, I remember a co worker turning a virgin 40,000 mile Monte Carlo into a dirt track car. I wish I could have that car back now.

I also had a co worker with a 71 Monte Carlo that was special ordered from G.M. in the 69 Hugger Orange color. That was a cool car as well.

Ahhh...the good old days.

Chris

They had such a nice line-up back then.

I loved my brothers 71 Chevelle convertible and I still love my 71 Camaro RS Z/28.

That thing was sweet, anyone know what size motor was it? 454? I just wish I had my old 71 Bonneville back that car would go.

I know my brothers Chevelle had a 454. :D

It was guaranteed to make you smile.

I really like the '71-'72 B-bodies, and to a lesser extent, the '73s. The coupes had such a simple, classic roofline. The '71 Impala Sport Coupe without a vinyl top is simply one of the cleanest, handsomest B-bodies ever, imo.

Cool, 98! Now, check out this totally hot, gorgeous Impala... OMG, I want it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFEL9cFFtio...ted&search=

Sweet...'71-73 B-bodies are my favorite B-bodies, esp. those Sport Coupe Impalas.. I esp. like the '72, with the unique bumper/grille and the taillights in the bumper. Big, cleanly styled cars.. I also like the Buick Bs of those years as well (LeSabre, Centurion)...

Sadly, I remember a co worker turning a virgin 40,000 mile Monte Carlo into a dirt track car. I wish I could have that car back now.

*raises eyebrow slowly*

Oh my....

That's just....

sad.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I see something that I don't like" ... Sheryl Crow ... 'Real Gone'

Not all was 'rosy' then.

In fall 1970, GM was crippled by a long UAW strike. Sales went down a lot for 1971 due to it. 1972-73 however shattered sales records.

Muscle car fans still complain that in '71 GM lowered compression ratios to allow unleaded gas, and they also cut muscle car production and made some models, such as GTO and 442, into option packages.

Sure RWD was all over, but then gas was 30 cents/gallon. The B bodies weighed 4000-5000 lbs, and with 2 bbl carbed V8's were really not quick, just highway cruisers.

Sure cars like these would still be around, if gas was an infinite supply, cost 79 cents a gallon, and burned with no emissions.

But the technology has finally caught up with Americans' desire to own a real American car again. That is the promise of Zeta. AFM, 6 speed automatics, precise fuel metering, etc. ... I know huge, smooth cruisers like those old B bodies are gone (sadly for a lot of reasons), but the combination of renewed commitment to design, along with Correct Wheel Drive and smart size, gives me much hope for the future.

I will always believe Americans ran away from cars and fell in love with trucks because they are still built the way cars used to be. Why must we be ashamed of that?

But the technology has finally caught up with Americans' desire to own a real American car again. That is the promise of Zeta. AFM, 6 speed automatics, precise fuel metering, etc. ... I know huge, smooth cruisers like those old B bodies are gone (sadly for a lot of reasons), but the combination of renewed commitment to design, along with Correct Wheel Drive and smart size, gives me much hope for the future.

I will always believe Americans ran away from cars and fell in love with trucks because they are still built the way cars used to be. Why must we be ashamed of that?

Where have I head that before, thinking, thinking! :smilewide:

Uncle Bob and I are of one mind on this one, Custom-S. Stop trying to distract me with your avatar! :AH-HA_wink:

Thanks for the video links guys.

I have hope for the future of GM that they will build cars we want in the near future.

I miss my 74 Impala :chevy:

i learned to drive on a 76 Impala and owned a 72 Catalina sport coupe for a bit... there is NOTHING that rides like a BIG GM. Even today. I remember actually being able to watch the gas gauge plummet when you opened up the 350 in that boat... of course, even in 1990, gas was still $1.14 a gallon up here... now, gasp!

Scott

Glideaway tailgate?

Does it slide under the floor?

OH, and notice that not only are there no FWD cars

but more than half of those cars are hardtops.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.