Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prototype66

2007 CAPRICE PROJECT

15 posts in this topic

THIS IS AS FOR AS I AM SO FAR(WITH THE HELP OF MY C&G FRIENDS).MORE 'CONSTRUCTIVE" CRITISISM IS ALWAYS WELCOME. GOOD OR BAD. :) CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN TO EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUTES TO THE FINISHED PRODUCT.....WELL,HERE YA GO. B)
Posted Image Edited by prototype66

SPECIAL "THANKS"TO NORTHSTAR FOR THE HELP GETTING SET UP. B)

That looks pretty good, I think maybe you should try to make the headlights a little more agressive though to differeniate it more from the Impala.

That looks pretty good, I think maybe you should try to make the headlights a little more agressive though to differeniate it more from the Impala.

[post="1337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ive been fighting those lights from day one, i hate em'!

It looks good, but sometimes doors without handles look like it's ears have been clipped. I would put a door handle on the front door and hide the rear door handle up in the rear pillar area. Maybe also, give the rear roof pillar a more rakish slope to the rear. Make it almost look like a 2-door coupe. I think 4-door cars with a coupe look are a new emerging trend.

definatly needs door handles u might as well be realistic, i actually like the rear quarter alot it looks very classy for some reason. oh yea and mayb make the front end a bit more agressive. mayb open up the center of the gril some or something Edited by 99camaroSS

Posted Image im still not sold on the lights but its a start. B)

[post="1489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think if you're going to do lights like that, you definately need to make the top grille larger. The Caprice really needs a bolder grille so people will know its the flagship Chevy. The Impala grille just doesn't cut it. Looks good otherwise.

Posted Image
O.K.Try this on. See if this fits my"luxery flagship extended Zeta based 2007 Chevrolet Caprice" vision in my head..................Or not so much? I think it still needs some tweaking as dose my chop skills. :P Comments? B)

im lovin it. much better with the opened up gril the only thing that i would complain about now would be the second rib u added on the hood, it looks to much like a late 4th gen camaro and just doesnt flow with the rest of the car

Rear overhang is too short and since I'm not a fan of the '06 Impalas' styling I'm not liking that as much. I think the STS or Even some non-GM products would have made better base vehicles for a Chop like this.

If the M45 never existed under the Infiniti banner and it came out wiht Impala/Caprice/Biscayne emblems a Pushrod 3800, 5.3 & 6.0 (SS) engines I'd be in LOVE wiht it!!!! (well perhaps a bit more trunk and less hatchback rear would be in order)

This is such a sexy RWD sedan! :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[quote name='Sixty8panther' date='Aug 22 2005, 04:34 AM']
Rear overhang is too short and since I'm not a fan of the '06 Impalas' styling I'm not liking that as much. I think the STS or Even some non-GM products would have made better base vehicles for a Chop like this.

Good call.My whole thing is that I try{try) to not incorperate non gm into my stuff when at all possible.

Another comment said the rear was too long,I can change that back. thanks B)

im lovin it. much better with the opened up gril the only thing that i would complain about now would be the second rib u added on the hood, it looks to much like a late 4th gen camaro and just doesnt flow with the rest of the car

[post="1641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that second rib was an experimental lux line,concider it gone! :P

The Impala is sexy enough as it is. Try another one with the Holden Caprice as a base, but with the classic logo and more of a Chevy feel....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room