C&G First Look: 2008 LaCrosse Super (half) Revealed

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

C&G First Look: 2008 LaCrosse Super (half) Revealed

Posted Image

Posted Image

- Watch around the 15sec mark

In what appears to be another case of 'why not have a peak ahead of time,' a piece of film meant to showcase 2007 Buicks reveals a glimpse of the forthcoming LaCrosse Super. This footage showcasing the stylish edge of Buick compiled by GM ad agency McCann Erickson was shown at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show this past January. Approximately 15 seconds into the video, a car wearing a waterfall grille appears. A closer look tells us that this indeed is likely the LaCrosse Super. The upcoming car is to feature minor revisions, the most notable being a bolder chrome grille similar to both the Lucerne and new Enclave. The simple restyle goes a long way in improving the maligned fish-mouthed appearance of the current LaCrosse.

One will also noticed revised foglamp housings surrounded by chrome bezels and a chrome bar running hortizontally to the other foglamp. This is similar to the foglamp design featured on the Lucerne CXS. We've also been told that this recent C&G Design Competition winner looks close to what the final product looks like:
Posted Image

Our sources tell us that there will be interior imporvements as well, including a brand-new radio layout (likely incorporating the new Black Tie head unit), a darker woodtone treatment on the doors and dashboard, and silver/gray trim surrounding the HVAC/radio bezel.

As has been known for quite some time, power will come from a 5.3l smallblock V8 with Active Fuel Management producing 303hp and 323lb-ft of torque. It will debut at next month's New York International Auto Show alongside a revised Lucerne that itself may boast a Super version.

Stay tuned to Cheers and Gears for the latest information on the LaCrosse Super and other future General Motors automobiles.

------------------------------------

This a video for Buick shown at the auto show:

Pay attention to the video at 15 seconds. That looks like a updated LaCrosse. Edited by Flybrian

I saw a music video of Gwen Stefani, and she was being chased in a custom 07 Tahoe by police in a custom 07 Lucerne, I thought it was really cool to see the Lucerne amoung'st the celebrity world, I even saw a custom one on CRIBs, along with an 07 Aspen.

Whoop dee do.... I don't think this is really a necessary revision, given that it will only be in production for like a year and a half.

Maybe the've done something with the rear and interior also? Apparently the current LaCrosse isn't on par with the next generation so they needed to do something to help bridge the gap. Who knows. We'll see. The press release pics will be out soon.

At least it no longer looks like a Taurus up front. :huh:

In the words of Lisa Simpson: Meh-M-E-H, Meh. Just tap me when the 2010 LaCrosse gets here. But in the meantime, how about seeing what it looks like in Gold Mist, Light Quartz, Polar Blue, and Sonoma Red Metallics, huh? And ditch the 3800 V-6 and make the 3.6-liter standard. BTW, whatever happened to the Reserve trim that was supposed to be used?

Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

I think it looks worse...

I disagree--I think it looks much better...

The press release pics will be out soon.

Do we know when they'll be out?