Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

G37 Coupe Revealed

Nissan will use the New York Auto Show in April to showcase the 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe — the successor to the popular G35. Leading the enhancements to the second-generation G Coupe is the first-ever application of the new VQ37VHR VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) 3.7-liter V6 engine producing an estimated 330 horsepower.

The G37 Coupe’s refined platform and chassis includes an available advanced 4-Wheel Active Steer (4WAS) system, while braking and handling is targeted to be among the best in the luxury sport coupe class.

Available technological features include a touch-screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic real-time traffic function and a 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard drive, RearView Monitor and an 11-speaker Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose audio system with 24-bit Burr Brown DAC and 3-way door speaker arrays with 10-inch woofers.

The new 2008 G37 Coupe is set to arrive at Infiniti retailers nationwide in August 2007.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Leftlane

Sexy. I've always liked the G35 coupe. This keeps a lot of the same styling themes that made the first one popular but looks modern enough that people would notice.... just like the new CTS. I think Infiniti and Cadillac are both on the right track and BMW and Mercedes should start getting nervous about the North American luxury market.

I love the last G35/350Z's smooth, but cigarette smoke-hoarsed exhaust sound.

These pictures are a bit underwhelming since the back is so plain, and that the car is a test mule.

It could be more pleasant once all the badging is on the back, to make the rear look busier.

Edited by JT64

The styling is better than ever, hp is up.... quality seems great, Still only a B- from me though!

Why? This car should be a hardtop not a coupe! It would be much cooler w/ a B-pillar delete. :angry:

Wow 330 HP for less than 40 grand. That is pretty impressive. I wish GM would make a sub Corvette sportscar with 300 + Hp and a base MSRP of around 32 grand. Personally, the G37 is a much better buy than the Skyline GTR.

GM does. There aren't many left, but the left-over '06 GTOs can be had for under $30k with 400HP.

I remember reading a magazine article that stated the new G35 sedan's engine was harsher than the first generation's. I wonder if this 3.7 will address the issue.

Either way, I'll take something else without a 4WS system that will explode and cost the owner thousands later in the car's life.

Edited by bcs296

• 3 months later...

Well, chalk me up as Mr. Different, because I am a fan of these G's....regardless of evolutionary styling.

And how can one not expect Nissan cues when it's ALL-NISSAN currently?

Wow 330 HP for less than 40 grand. That is pretty impressive. I wish GM would make a sub Corvette sportscar with 300 + Hp and a base MSRP of around 32 grand.

The GTo was a much better value than the G35, MUCH!!!!

Personally, the G37 is a much better buy than the Skyline GTR.

Speak for yourself dude, the Skyline GT-R (R34) is the Camaro COPO ZL1

of Japanese cars, that is still THE best sports/GT car to ever come out

of the land of the rising sun.

------

Now as far the G37, every time I see it all I think is "what a wasted

oportunity to make a kick ass [pillarless] hardtop" it's a shame. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure, are you part of their target market/metrosexual Asian guys?

I have to say lately I've noticed the G35 coupe driver is usually someone who would definitely be a Gino if we were back in the 80's. European background, shaved head or lots of gel, sunglasses that change tint darkness top to bottom, awful music, fake & bake etc.. It makes me sad when decent cars depreciate making them affordable to punks who hang out in donut shop or fast food parking lots with their similarly embarassing attribute friends. Edited by frogger

I have to say lately I've noticed the G35 coupe driver is usually someone who would definitely be a Gino if we were back in the 80's. European background, shaved head or lots of gel, sunglasses that change tint darkness top to bottom, awful music, fake & bake etc.. It makes me sad when decent cars depreciate making them affordable to punks.

That's funny...my buddy George that drives a G35 coupe kind of fits that description...a Canadian of Greek ethnicity, thinning hair in a buzzcut, wears gold chains and fancy shades, goatee, open collared shiny shirts (not tucked in)... used to run a restaurant in Saskatchewan but is now a software project manager.

Edited by moltar

Are those flush-to-the-bumper taillights going to make production?? Gonna be a lot of busted-taillight nissans running around if so. Reminds me of traditional (illegal??) 'european-spec' bumpers.

Trunklid opening looks to be about 16" f-t-b; what the hell is anyone going to be able to get in there? Surely the space-saver can't get out that way?

I like the reverse-cut on the front fenders, tho I much prefer it when Buick did it in the late '90s and early '00s and it ran thru from the front to the rear.

Grille is a lot more refined than the JC Whitney special the current car uses, but the tired 3-hole treatment under the bumper is as old & common as dirt.

Overall clean and non-offensive, but not especially stylistically engaging.

Hope to hell nissan did something major with the exhaust note. Perhaps double mufflers and a tape recording of the LS6? :wink:

Edited by balthazar