GM Announces Seven World Intros for New York

1: LaCrosse Super

2: Lucerne Super

3: Refreshed STS

4: Hummer H4 concept...probably

5: HHR SS (Sport)...probably

6: ...

7: ...

Too early for the super vette, CTSv, BRX and 9-4x. Hopefully the other two aren't something like the normal LaCrosse and Lucerne with revised front ends.

Apparently they are only showing one concept car and it seems like that will be the Hummer H4. GM actually previewed the H4 to small group before NAIAS. If they don't show it at NYC, it would seem something is up with the H4 program.

Pontiac Vibe might be one of them, but the SOP date seems kinda far off to be debuting it now. Same can be said for the H3T and Chevy Lambda.

The face-lifted Saab 9-3 that's been seen testing this winter seems like a possibility as well.

www.notgonnahappen.com

H3T production date is too far off to debut now.

You'll see the CTSv first I would think. Probably NAIAS '08 or NYC next year? You wont see the coupe for 2 years.

2 years for the CTS coupe, geez, I hope the CTS doesn't get too stale by then.

Not that it will, I guess, but I was hoping for a mass onslaught of CTS' from Cadillac to define a new direction. Wishful thinking I guess.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Let's see...

Buick Lucerne Super

Buick LaCrosse Super

Hummer H4

HHR Sport

Cadlliac BRX

Saab 9-4x

Redesigned Saab 9-3x

The Chevy Impala won't make its appearence until next year.

I wouldn't expect the BRX or 9-4x either. I could be wrong, but these will deserve bigger entrances closer to their debuts, so likely next year.

here are some of my guesses.

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, it gets a new nose, and an upgraded interior, and a 245 hp SS version

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 , this year the 5 door gets redesigned.

2008 Pontiac G5, see cobalt, possible 245 hp GXP version

2009 Impala concept

2009 Saab 9-5

2008 Buick Lacrosse super,

That's what I'm thinking as well. DI 3.6 a possibility or will it be the 3.6 with a tiny bump in HP like the Vue RL is rumored to get?

I would think they would at least give it the upgraded engines from the Lambdas, if not the DI 3.6.

Nahhh the HUMMER H4 concept will not be there, GM said they only showing one concept and its a SAAB concept (again), soo I think NYC is HUMMER free.

Are you sure it's not the biopower concept making it's North American debut? GM said "world" debuts, implying that the vehicle hasn't been shown anywhere else ever before.

here are some of my guesses.

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, it gets a new nose, and an upgraded interior, and a 245 hp SS version

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 , this year the 5 door gets redesigned.

2008 Pontiac G5, see cobalt, possible 245 hp GXP version

2009 Impala concept

2009 Saab 9-5

2008 Buick Lacrosse super,

I think you should add the 2008 Buick Lucerne Super to your list. It reportedly will be getting the Caddy's performance DTS 4.6 liter engine that makes 292 horsepower. The 2008 Buick Lacrosse Super will be getting the same 5.3 V8 engine found in the Impala SS and Grand Prix GXP.

Edited by jpstax