1994 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The title is correct. Someone took a 1993-1996 Fleetwood and converted it to a two door. It looks pretty good except for the wheels. It makes you wonder why didn't GM do this too. They did have the fwd Fleetwood coupe before this in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66hUBY_O9E...ted&search=

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

• 2 weeks later...

Well, owning 2 of these cars and being in every member club there is, I'm quite familiar with these conversions.

There have been both convertibles:

Posted Image

and coupes:

Posted Image

And a full album I've put together:

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/cad...%20Conversions/

I too am not at all a fan of the lowrider look & suspension, but the work done is incredible regardless--and one with more stock suspension and wheel variety would really be cool :thumbsup:

Has that been done? Id love to see one of those. :scratchchin:

Actually...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some of the pics do look a little "funny", but the car really exists and it was just a camera foible. I believe there might be another couple too, but because they're all so individual, it's hard to keep track of what everyone has or has built.

Oh, and yes, this one also has the surprisingly popular T56 6-speed swap, which has been done in a LOT of Caprices & Impalas, and also even a few Roadmasters & Fleetwoods.

Edited by caddycruiser

:idhitit: Now.. THAT is awesome.. but then.. as with the Fleetwood coupe, the wheels, while more suiting, aren't much of my taste.

I'm afraid to even think of how much a conversion like this would cost.

The Fleetwood Brougham I saw in a Lowrider magazine.

I was hanging out with XP at Turd-Zone (what he calls

Autozone) and he was like ever seen a last gen. Caddy

B-body?

The Impala is a first & yes, that music was #&@*% bad.

I wondered after looking at those cars is GM truly that out of touch with its buyers? How is it the owners of those Chevrolets and Cadillacs made some great looking cars? GM says there is no coupe market. Those cars even made the interiors more luxurious. GM should find out what people want instead of building us what they "think" we need.

I wondered after looking at those cars is GM truly that out of touch with its buyers? How is it the owners of those Chevrolets and Cadillacs made some great looking cars? GM says there is no coupe market. Those cars even made the interiors more luxurious. GM should find out what people want instead of building us what they "think" we need.

Very true, but the ship has definitely sailed on the market ideas for these cars quite a long time ago, and now it's just turned into a HUGE owner following of people buying used examples cheaply and going to work building their own "to order", as a project. I semi did it with my Fleetwood and the Impala SS wheels and other little touch-ups (nothing that catches you immediately as being changed, but more of a factory sport option), and it's quite fun.

Anymore though, GM does know mostly what they're doing and actually does listen to the consumer and professional reviewers, so it's not much of an issue anymore--and the cars they make today are massively better than anything they did 10 years ago.

That all said, this was a line of cars that is really historical for how basic but also how generally refined and, in later years, performance oriented they were--with so many bolt on's and cross brand swappable parts, you can really design and build any combination you can think up. And, by far, giving them the LT1 in 1994 really was the best move they EVER could have made, even if it was just to simplify engine capacity and body lines--that's still the sole reason a people want and continue to search out these cars to this day.

Not so sure another modern day full-size BOF, etc. car line would work, but the general theme hopefully will live on when some of the Zetas come out.

Edited by caddycruiser

We are all watching and waiting. They still have not done anything for the Oldsmobile owners. Buick a Buick or a Cadillac is not the answer. I am waiting. GM may be my favorite company, but I am not blinded by things they have done or follow them blindly. It will be more than just getting rear drive cars.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

• 1 month later...