I was hopeful for the sedan... but I just saw pictures of it at Autoweek, and even there, under natural lighting conditions... bleh... they also have pics of the base model. And I guess the handy little wagon is being replaced by this hatchback. Stupid move... Subaru built its presence in the USA on ingenious little AWD wagons, and look that them now. <_<

The Aztek is no longer the icon of ugly. :nono:

Yes it is...nothing sold in this country is that ugly...not even this.

Here's a few pics of the sedan...if the front end was better it might look alright.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It kinda reminds me of a Suzuki from this angle...

Posted Image

The interior is however, quite handsome.

Posted Image

Strange, but I see a lot of Saab in this design, as if this were designed when Saab and Subaru were in bed together a couple of years back.

the interior looks better in these more recent pics. almost nice, actually, in the light color.

the exterior looks bad, but not brutal like the first pics.

I've maintained that this new Imprez was to be a Saab also. its so obvious.

jump on those cheap imprezza leases now. the newer model ain't as nice.

I sure hope they got rid of the stupid ass frameless windows.

Edited by regfootball

Never mind the frameless glass- where's the brand-made-famous cladding?!?!?

Seriously, have any of you guys really felt subarus have been attractive... to the point that something here was 'ruined'?

It's damned ugly, and no surprise to me. Interior design is not bad, tho it looks awful cramped.

Seriously, have any of you guys really felt subarus have been attractive... to the point that something here was 'ruined'?

It's damned ugly, and no surprise to me. Interior design is not bad, tho it looks awful cramped.

This isn't an Outback.

And yes, Subarus have generally had more attractive designs than most of their respective competitors, including ones from GM. The Legacy has always been one of the best looking midsizers out there. The Impreza has as well, although, with each update of the current generation it got less attractive.

Brand famous cladding is Pontiac. And yes, the Legacy is a very attractive car, so is the Outback wagon, and so is the pre-refreshed Forester.

subaru is notorious in my mind with tiny cabins in proportion to the car's size. visually and spacially. they always have short doors, tiny windows......firewalls and windshields pushed too far back. I'm glad this won't be a Saab 9-2.

Edited by regfootball