NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Poor taste is cars has gone too far...

23 posts in this topic

I have been watching cars lately. I am going to post about cars that I have seen with side vents or port holes or grilles or other unsightly exterior gimmicks.

All had port holes or side grilles:

1996-1999 Nissan Maxima

1999-2004 Pontiac Grand Am

2000 Buick LeSabre

1998 Cadillac SLS

1995-1999 Pontiac Bonneville

1997-1999 Buick Regal

1980-1990 Chevrolet Caprice

2005-2006 Chrysler 3000 with a Rolls Royce grille along with the port holes.

2000-2005 Cadillac DTS

This whole port hole grille thing on cars that never had them that do now is going to far, and people honestly think this looks good.

A saw a Ford F150 the other day that had the Lincoln Mark LT front end.

A saw another Ford F150 (older design) that had the old Lincoln Navigator front end

I saw a Honda Accord coupe 1998 that had the Cadillac CTS front end

The worst are those big donkey looking tires on older and newer cars. Who would want they car after they sell it?

I sure hate older people who stop driving whole sell their near mint older American cars to have them turned into unsightly cars.

Anything you noticed out there or can find photos that you really thought it was sad?

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Buick aftermarket Ventiports on other Buick models don't bother me as long as they are applied correctly and keep to current convention (3+3 = V6, 4+4 = V8). If I got a used LeSabre or non-Ultra PA, I would likely have ventiports installed.

Saw a new-ish Ram 1500 with VentiPorts this week.

I am considering VentiPorts for my '59, one of only 2 years from '49 to circa '84 not to have them.... but I want to stack them vertically in the fender's trailing edge. Maybe '54s...

I don't know what people are thinking: has to be 1 of 2 things: a) I don't know what they're from but I like 'em, or b) I know they're off old Buicks, but I doubt many people will know.

Odd fad.

How does something like this get started?

Odd fad.

Money > Brains

Odd fad.

MTV?

I've been wanting to know what this trend toward black steel wheels is about, as well. Also, I've seen at least 2 vehicles around here with their factory aluminum wheels painted flat black. Should I be buying Krylon so I can be hip?

I have been watching cars lately. I am going to post about cars that I have seen with side vents or port holes or grilles or other unsightly exterior gimmicks.

All had port holes or side grilles:

1996-1999 Nissan Maxima

1999-2004 Pontiac Grand Am

2000 Buick LeSabre

1998 Cadillac SLS

1995-1999 Pontiac Bonneville

1997-1999 Buick Regal

1980-1990 Chevrolet Caprice

2005-2006 Chrysler 3000 with a Rolls Royce grille along with the port holes.

2000-2005 Cadillac DTS

This whole port hole grille thing on cars that never had them that do now is going to far, and people honestly think this looks good.

A saw a Ford F150 the other day that had the Lincoln Mark LT front end.

A saw another Ford F150 (older design) that had the old Lincoln Navigator front end

I saw a Honda Accord coupe 1998 that had the Cadillac CTS front end

The worst are those big donkey looking tires on older and newer cars. Who would want they car after they sell it?

I sure hate older people who stop driving whole sell their near mint older American cars to have them turned into unsightly cars.

Anything you noticed out there or can find photos that you really thought it was sad?

I've seen EVERYTHING you have, but then again I'm only five hours from you. Anyways the most atrocious thing I've ever seen is a Corvette rear end grafted onto a Honda Civic......

Edited by deftonesfan867

I've been wanting to know what this trend toward black steel wheels is about, as well. Also, I've seen at least 2 vehicles around here with their factory aluminum wheels painted flat black. Should I be buying Krylon so I can be hip?

i don't like black wheels. i see the TL-S has them? Gunmetal I am ok with. Black wheels is nothing but rice.

i don't like black wheels. i see the TL-S has them? Gunmetal I am ok with. Black wheels is nothing but rice.

So NOS's Cobalt SS = Posted Image?

:P

I don't like back wheels either.

So if a black Z06 has black rims it's rice?

Edited by deftonesfan867

Actually, I like Nos' wheels in combination with his windows, it's the black steelies I am confused about.

I don't understand that one either. I saw a 1st gen Aurora with black steel wheels the other day. Don't know where they got the wheels to fit, or more importantly why. Just looks like somebody stole your hubcaps.

I see lots of Buicks with the portholes, but haven't seen them on anything else yet.

I also hate the stick-on hood scoops people put on anything.

Just remember guys, the more plastic, or carbon fiber body stick-ons you add, the faster your car will go....

Yes.

I was being sarcastic. I do however agree that they don't work on every vehicle.

I was thinking about port holes in that 1959 Buick... if I ever get the damn thing.

How could I forget: Hon-DUH Element with chrome 20s. :puke:

I still hate chrome badges that are there to boast that you have rims 20 inches or larger. Retarded as hell. And it's usually the little thug types that do it too.

A few years ago, I saw an Astro/Savanna with a 1st-gen Escalade front end.

Now that's wacky.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room