Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spy Shots: GM Daewoo Statesman "L4X"

11 posts in this topic

*** Please note.. Since GM is global now, they share cars and models. The L4X is Daewoos Holden Caprice/Statesman

www.carblogger.com

GM Daewoo is involved with many of GM's other subsidiary brands like Chevrolet and Pontiac. We never expected Holden as one of them when we came across these shots of the next-generation Statesman. Well, not the next-generation, but we learned that South Korea received the previous Holden Statesman in GM Daewoo guise for two years. Since it phased out, many GM Daewoo fans were anticipating on a new Statesman based on the Holden WM Statesman and Caprice.

The Seoul Motor Show, held from April 5th to the 16th, will showcase many world premieres from Hyundai, Kia, and GM Daewoo. Foreign automakers such as Infiniti will also host debuts. GM Daewoo's debut remained a mystery, but it was solved when a member of BoBaeDream snapped two pics of the new Statesman in GM Daewoo guise. What was more intriguing was that the car caught was based on the WM Caprice, not the WM Statesman. Also, the license plate, which seemed to have originate from the studio, read 'L4X'. It follows GM Daewoo's recent naming moniker introduced by the G2X, which is a rebadged Saturn Sky.

These camera-phone pics suggest that GM Daewoo might be introducing the new L4X for the South Korean market in Seoul. The G2X, a rebadged Saturn Sky roadster, was confirmed to debut in Seoul. We hope the L4X will make its debut alongside it.

The source and photos:

http://thecarblogger.blogspot.com/2007/03/...tesman-l4x.html

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I'm starting to get bored with the Zeta cars from Holden. They are starting to all look the same to me, with slightly modified grille and taillights. :spin:

I'm starting to get bored with the Zeta cars from Holden. They are starting to all look the same to me, with slightly modified grille and taillights. :spin:

Unlike these other great Pontiacs?

Posted Image

---

Posted Image

---

Posted Image

I think that's the point. Statesman variations are beginning to take a CSV turn.

That's because they are the same, with slightly modified grille and taillights. "What was more intriguing was that the car caught was based on the WM Caprice, not the WM Statesman" is a stupid thing to write, because it's the same car, even more so than the late Century/Regal. There is a bigger difference between a Seville SLS and a Seville STS than between a Statesman and Caprice, and there always has been.

I think that's the point. Statesman variations are beginning to take a CSV turn.

But in a good way. The Statesman is a good car to start with, unlike the CSV. It's a welcoming addition to brands. I'd take the Chinese Statesman over our refreshed Lucerne any day.

Yes, some badge engineering there, but it's different than what GM has done in NA in the past...Holden Zeta variations like the Chinese Buick Statesman, Daewoo L4X, Chevy Caprice, Pontiac G8, etc are not sold in the same market--different brands in different markets that share a common design. Unlike the Chevy Uplander, Buick Terrazo, Pontiac Montana, Saturn Relay that were badge engineered and all sold in the same market..

I see no problem with this sort of badge engineering...Opel's doing it with the Astra also (which is already sold as an Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Chevy, and soon Saturn in different markets).

Edited by moltar

Who cares if they're selling the same car with a few modifications all over the globe. At least they aren't selling a Pontiac, Chevy, Buick, and Saturn version of the G8 with all of them just having different fascias. I don't understand what's so bad about modifying the nose and selling it all over the place. Would we still be complaining if they did nothing but change the badges? I mean, it seems we're complaining that they're hardly changing anything, but first of all, they're great cars to begin with, and second of all, you are never going to see a Daewoo L4X or Holden version here anyways.

Yes, some badge engineering there, but it's different than what GM has done in NA in the past...Holden Zeta variations like the Chinese Buick Statesman, Daewoo L4X, Chevy Caprice, Pontiac G8, etc are not sold in the same market--different brands in different markets that share a common design. Unlike the Chevy Uplander, Buick Terrazo, Pontiac Montana, Saturn Relay that were badge engineered and all sold in the same market..

I see no problem with this sort of badge engineering...Opel's doing it with the Astra also (which is already sold as an Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Chevy, and soon Saturn in different markets).

I don't have a problem with Opel doing it, just Holden. :smilewide:

I don't have a problem with Opel doing it, just Holden. :smilewide:

What's your hangup with Holden?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0