Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What are your summer plans?

Summer is upon us once again and many of us can bid school "f@#k off" for a few months. This summer I'd like to do things...

For the Intrepid:

• New wheels and tires, of the 18" variety
  • Brake upgrade (at least to what the top models had)
  • Get the small rust spot repaired
  • Get the small dents out
  • Possibly get a brushed-aluminum dash kit for the center console and trim
  • Possibly get aluminum pedals
  • Mod the engine some (although I'm not sure what to mod)
  • Replace the light bulbs behind the gauges
  • If the timing chain hasn't been replaced as per its scheduled replacement, have it replaced (have to call the previous dealer which it was serviced).
  • Have the belts inspected

For the Prizm

• Replace the rear bumper with a matching bumper (it's cracked and not properly fastened on the passenger side...it squeaks over every bump)
  • Upgrade the stereo
  • Get the dent out of the passenger fender
  • Possibly find some cheap wheels for it
  • Accent the interior (with a nicer shift nob and maybe aluminum pedals)
  • Finish installing the new door panels
  • Replace the driver's door handle (exterior).
  • Get a new trunk bed liner
Misc.

• Get a digital camera
  • Get a PS3
  • Save money for apartment down the road
  • Get anew power supply
  • Possibly visit her family sometime in the summer for a couple weeks
--

Much of this is subject to change/approve by Jessica, and how much money we make and so on.

So how about you guys? Any plans?

Work

pay bills

try to get rid of the Fusion one way or another

bike

find the money to get a swimming pool then find the time to use it

Try to figure out why its easier to get into law school than it is to get into a good journalism program

A little early for the question for some, but mine is all planned already. And, no, I am not a kid, so I can afford to do this. I recently quit my full-time job to spend the final 6 weeks tending to a graduate business degree for which I overloaded on credits and ought to be done in mid-May. I am moving out of my apartment and taking my crap to Portland to store it. I leave for Europe in mid-June and come back in early-August. Holding down a full time job and tending to this degree at night for almost 3 years made me say: SABBATICAL!

Schedule:

Florence (IT) (arrival at relatives only)

Sicily (IT)

Porto, Portugal

Madeira Island, Portugal

Gran Canaria Island, Spain

Valencia, Spain

Sardinia (IT) with cousins

Bavaria in Germany

Venice (IT) and surrounding areas

Florence (IT)(prepare for departure back to states)

Rest of August: chill

September: go look for a job in a new field

(...)

Schedule:

(...)

Porto, Portugal

Madeira Island, Portugal

(...)

Excellent choices (all the others as well), and best of luck for the job hunt!

I'm planning to spend a week in Gothenburg, Sweden in August. The rest of the month of August will be chilling out in the lovely beaches near Lisboa.

September starts Master's Thesis season until mid-2008!

A little early for the question for some, but mine is all planned already. And, no, I am not a kid, so I can afford to do this. I recently quit my full-time job to spend the final 6 weeks tending to a graduate business degree for which I overloaded on credits and ought to be done in mid-May. I am moving out of my apartment and taking my crap to Portland to store it. I leave for Europe in mid-June and come back in early-August. Holding down a full time job and tending to this degree at night for almost 3 years made me say: SABBATICAL!

Schedule:

Rest of August: chill

Sounds like a great summer plan... I want to go to Europe and stay for a couple of months or so sometime...in 6 trips to Europe, I've never stayed more than 2 weeks at a time..

I'm going to Hawaii (Maui) for a week for Easter, leaving tommorow, coming back next Tuesday. I've got a few short trips (long weekends) planned---Memorial Day in Ohio with family, Napa Valley for my birthday at the end of June, Chicago at the end of July for the Crossroads Guitar Festival. I'm also taking a week in mid July, probably going to take an Alaska cruise.

I've got a few car shows planned to attend, incl. the Denver Concours de Elegance in June, the 6th year in a row I've gone there with my friends in the NSX club..I'll be volunteering to help set up and coordinate parking. I'm also going to a track day with the BMW club in May.

If I come, do I get to kiss girls named Laurel? :smilewide:

What if they are big Germanic hefers with broad shoulders and thick ankles, you still wanna kiss them? (Remember, German girls in America are put together differently from German girls in the Motherland...I'm sure you know).

What do you do at this Laurel Festival and why is it held? If I come, do I get to kiss girls named Laurel? :smilewide:

Each year, Brookville hosts a week long Laurel Festival on Main Street. It officially starts the second or third week of June, Monday through Sunday. Most of the things planned all week are quite boring (some locals bands play, a few dances, and other random activities), but it ends with a nice car show on Sunday. Registering for it starts at 10am while the show starts at noon, if I remember right. It lasts until about 3pm, where for those willing, they cruise to the local Ice cream place. The Frosty Freeze, I think.

Pics from last year's

Edited by blackviper8891

Work 5 days a week 7AM - 4-5PM (depending on day, supposed to be 7-4 but may have overtime some days). Come home, probably do some work for my online summer courses, relax, maybe go play basketball. Weekends: relax.

As for the car, not sure. If anything either a CAI and nothing else or CAI, headers, and catback w/dual exit. There is a '05 GTO in black with chrome wheels and a 6-speed at my local dealer that I saw yesterday. They haven't got it on the lot yet so I don't know the price, but I really wouldn't mind trading up for a couple grand. Doubt that's going to happen though.

-Work

-Relax

-Car shows

-Beach with the girl

-Maybe buy a motorcycle (guy I work with is selling one of his that I've liked for a while)

-Hopefully get my '67 Eldorado a few months shop time while dad's '37 Packard Super Eight is out for an interior

Hmm...not really sure yet, though, of course, traveling is involved. I sorta described it in this thread:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=16431

But ... to repeat a bit:

...plans start developing for road trips and other forms of vacations. I haven't gotten that far yet (though it is looking like a late November trip, after Thanksgiving, through IN...KY...NC...SC...GA...FL...AL...TN etc. is a possibility, along with my annual trip to PA in August), but I discovered one place I MISSED last October, en route home from Iowa, during the last leg of my road trip ... The Field Of Dreams, from the 1989 movie:

http://www.fieldofdreamsmoviesite.com/distance.html

I discovered I literally drove right by it on Rt 20, west of Dubuque IA ... dangumit. Course, it gives me an excuse to go back to Iowa sometime ... perhaps this year. It'd be a great "day" trip... ;).

Course ... also softball games ...

...and getting the older 4 MCs out ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7p-11p central.Friday/April 6 = www.wrmn1410.com

Other than hopefully buying a 1959 Buick, FINALLY, my biggest goal

for 2007 is that roadtrip down to Tulsa, OK. (see my signature)

Ummm... Satty: how upside down are you on the Fusion, didn't you buy it like 11 months ago??? :huh:

----------

Posted Image

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/225/fleetshfeb2007vo4.jpg (the fleet)

June 15th 2007: Tulsa, OK

Edited by Sixty8panther

Other than hopefully buying a 1959 Buick, FINALLY, my biggest goal

for 2007 is that roadtrip down to Tulsa, OK.

You still thinking of coming through my area to meet up and see my MCs ... either going or coming? Just wondering ... no worries either way....

-Quit my job at the restaurant and get a mechanic apprentice job like I've been meaning to do since January.

-Possibly get a volunteer job working at the Sloan Museum's restoration shop (they're working on a '53 Skylark right now!)

-Look for a 1969-1971 Oldsmobile 442 to begin restoring.

-And if any classic car shows happen to be around the Flint area, there's no way in hell that I'll miss them.

Ummm... Satty: how upside down are you on the Fusion, didn't you buy it like 11 months ago??? :huh:

When I make my April payment I'll be like $1k down. The stick brings its value down by $675 (according to NADA) and the automatic would have been an $815 option, so much for the theory that sticks kill resale value.

I might ditch the MAC headers and Y-pipe and have the stock exhaust manifolds etc. re-installed.

Oh yeah... And, as for me...

• Los Alamos for work, 4/9-5/12
  • Mobile, AL for a friend's wedding, 5/17-5/20
  • Armenia for with my little brother's class trip, 5/22-6/05
  • NY,NY for a conference, mid July
So... I have a busy couple months ahead of me, mostly for work but with some vacation in between.

I probably won't be checking up on C&G that much, so you guys make sure nothing important happens... at least with the Camaro.

As for me:

1. All of June soaking naked in my new Hot tub (at night of course).

2. 1st two weeks of July, me and the better half visiting family in Tex Ass.

3. Last half of July and 1st half of August both of us enjoying Utah.

4. Last half of August soaking naked in my new Hot tub again (at night of course).

I have a full summer planned. :smilewide:

More than I can really list, but here are some highlights:

- At the end of this month, the Maserati goes to auction at Spring Carlisle.

- As little landscaping as I can get away with (tired of it after 22 years)

- Complete the wagon project and put it up for sale

- Complete the El Camino Project and maybe keep it? I want it to make at least a few shows before the end of the season.

- Determine the fate of the '98 Firehawk. It will either be returned to its original prototype condition or sold as is.

- Sell the Jag as is

- finish the Mothertruck and sell it or put it to work.

- Try to make the Firehawk Rally in Ohio in August

- I need a New England/upstate New York trip to settle my soul a bit.

- Help my mom get the '38 Dodge to as many of the local shows and cruise nights as I can.

- Help my mom sell off the equiptment from my dad's sharpening business, and reclaim the basement and garage for her.

That only scratches the surface.

Why Bob my sweet, why didn't you tell us your mother was reading these boards now?

Your trip does sound lovely though. Lots of places with men that have very hairy chests. Mmmmmm.

As for my summer, it will consist of wearing nothing but a speedo and trying to convince Frank and Cory to come down here and make that movie we've been talking about. :wub:

As for me:

1. All of June soaking naked in my new Hot tub (at night of course).

4. Last half of August soaking naked in my new Hot tub again (at night of course).

I have a full summer planned. :smilewide:

I have night vision goggles. :smilewide:

Edited by wpbharry

[*]Mod the engine some (although I'm not sure what to mod)

[*]Get a PS3

for the engine try to find a R/T computer. Or find some one trustworthy to flash the comp to R/T specs. pretty big difference if i remember correctly. I would look into it in forums.

then basic CAI and possible Exhaust system.

PS3 eh really its not worth it yet. I would wait because theres a rumored 50-100 price drop in the fall. I'm not that impressed with it.

Also Copper plugs and indexing them gives about 1-3 Hp. theres not much out there. Although there easy to do dual exhaust.

the best thing to do is sell it then go to M-59 auto parts and get a Charger. the Mexican at the desk can hook you up. I watched him get a Escalade under 100k miles for 5 grand out the door with stolen title but recovered.

They get requests steal a car take it apart leave it in a lot once its found give a offer to owner of the car then they get it and reassemble it and get it out the door. Yeah its wrong but can get you some sweet deals.

my plans are to find a new job, get the supercharger replaced in my Riv, as well as brakes and tires, and possibly re-doing the tints. As for my Delta 88, charge the battery and start it up for the first time since around October, put air in the tires and back it down the driveway into the street....take the plates off the Riv, put them on the Olds and take her for a ride around the block to get the blood flowing again :P

Then hit Ebay and junkyards searching for parts for her, and hopefully getting the restoration/project "442 that never was" started....and hopefully have her done and back on the road in time for her 30th birthday in '09

week and a half in Europe..Amsterdam (celebrating the red leaf with the green leaf :) )>Madrid>Bilbao (Spain)>Pamplona (to run with the bulls) then finish off in San Sebastian.

Then a couple of long weekends camping and boozing at the cottage

KnightFan:

Dude, you know if it is at all possible S-Penguin & I will make

it ot there for at least a quick visit. I'm looking forward to it!

WMJ:

THe roadtrip you should plan on is Tulsa, June 15th!!!

Satty:

Right, great point. Also, even if it did end up being a money

loosing situation the fun of driving a stick versus slushbox

is worth the price of admission to me.

Camino:

Let's see some more pictures of that gorgeous 1938 Dodge!

Also: drop the Jag, Maserati & a truck or two but keep the

1998 Firehawk, that thing is way too awsome to sell. The

story behind it alone is worth keeping it. That letter you

have is a riot. I'd never sell that red Hawk now that the '02

is history and you've freed up garage space.

Just my $0.02 8)

Camino:

Let's see some more pictures of that gorgeous 1938 Dodge!

Also: drop the Jag, Maserati & a truck or two but keep the

1998 Firehawk, that thing is way too awsome to sell. The

story behind it alone is worth keeping it. That letter you

have is a riot. I'd never sell that red Hawk now that the '02

is history and you've freed up garage space.

Just my $0.02 8)

Will do on the Dodge, I have to get it out of winter storage mode soon anyway. My mother wants to hit the local club's big spring show in May, so I have to get on that.

Maserati is headed for auction at Carlisle this month, the Jag to ebay, and The Mothertruck will be getting finished ASAP.

Selling the 02 Hawk only gained me garage space for a very short time, The two El Caminos and the wagon have just about maxed me out for now. :lol:

for the engine try to find a R/T computer. Or find some one trustworthy to flash the comp to R/T specs. pretty big difference if i remember correctly. I would look into it in forums.

then basic CAI and possible Exhaust system.

PS3 eh really its not worth it yet. I would wait because theres a rumored 50-100 price drop in the fall. I'm not that impressed with it.

I still want one but yeah..fif there's a price drop I'll wait for sure...there are some sweet games down the road but they aren't out yet.

So what Will an R/T computer do exactly?

i remember it having some specs of better shifts high torque band and it takes off the governor. Don't take my word on it though.

House:

*Put up new ceiling on front porch

*paint all other trim/posts/railing on said porch

*get new garage door and opener

*insulate attic (probably more of a fall thing than summer)

Work:

*work sucks

Car:

*hopefully nothing

*save money for new car

Vacation:

*don't have anything planned yet. I really want to go to the Outer banks of North Carolina for some reason... never been there. I know I won't be going back to Punta Cana this year, as I didn't get a passport. Myrtle Beach/Garden City SC is a possibility.

Get the '40 Ford on the road.

Put down a paver sidewalk & patio.

Replace the gutters on the house.

Take the brood for FL for vaca.

Hershey in the fall.

Look for a new renovation gig I can rake in some coin on.

Get drunk and stagger around cemeteries, talking to my ancestors.

KnightFan:

Dude, you know if it is at all possible S-Penguin & I will make

it ot there for at least a quick visit. I'm looking forward to it!

*grins*

So am I :).

He he ... I may even be generous enough to let you drive an MC or 2 ;).

The rest of the month of August will be chilling out in the lovely beaches near Lisboa.

First complete sentence I formed in Portuguese:

"O Portugal tem as praias mais lindas em tudo o mundo"

And that's the truth! Enjoy!

Camping a few times, and Assateague a few times, as always. Blah, I'd like to take someone with me this year. My life has become a snoozefest.

I'd really like to get my lawn looking good this year, too. I've tried every year since I bought this house, but I just can't get some areas (unfortunately, in the front yard) to sustain themselves.

First complete sentence I formed in Portuguese:

"O Portugal tem as praias mais lindas em tudo o mundo"

And that's the truth! Enjoy!

Just a hint: remove the 'O' and the sentence is perfect! We don't use the definite article when refering to Portugal :AH-HA_wink:

Try and practise a little when you come here (even though the Porto and Madeira accents may not be very helpful - especially Madeira's)

Oh, I will enjoy! Starting Spetember 1st I'll be in "Thesis Mode" until mid-2008, so I am going to enjoy my holidays this year. I still have to book my Sweden trip though: my company still hasn't sent me my holiday schedule approval :hissyfit: