Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spy Pictures Josh Posted Last Night

jd2b

I removed it on my own. I have no intents on pissing the General off relating to that, or any other image we've received. We won't be running with the story as it draws a real fine line on copyright laws, etc.

I removed it on my own. I have no intents on pissing the General off relating to that, or any other image we've received. We won't be running with the story as it draws a real fine line on copyright laws, etc.

[post="21507"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Where the heck are these pics coming from--first the Ion and then the CTS?

I understand if you can't answer, but still....I am curious...

The pictures were found legally, without malice. However I don't feel it is right to release the images. There comes a time when you have to realize trading hits for the future of General Motors is on the line. Vehicles like the next CTS which will reap the benefits the company needs them to do. Furthermore, could they take legal action? Possibly. I'm no attorney, however I've decided (with the help of others) not to release those images due to the reasions mentioned above, as well as my own personal reasons. Hope everybody understands.

Oh, it's killer that's for sure. Lutz improved heavily on the current model, something I thought couldn't be done. The media that wrote about it and gave its praise were 100% correct. It will steal the market.

When you posted the teaser picture last night, I almost crapped my pants I was so excited. I own a 2003 CTS and love it like a child. I think it looks and handles amazing now and can't even imagine how great it will be when they update it. I think I died a little inside when you chose not to post the pictures. I've been a lurker on this site for years, but this is the first time I felt strongly enough to post something. Part of me agrees with not wanting to spoil GM's hard work but a bigger part would give almost anything to see pictures of what will surely be a great (and hopefully my next) car.

Understandable, but it would be excellent if it could be confirmed that there are spy pictures of the next gen. CTS floating around online.

[post="21580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This post hasn't been moved from the Cadillac forum yet has it?

I knew from the hard line on the rear bumper that it was a CTS...I've seen some concept drawings of what the next CTS will look like. Plans for GM are to improve the CTS and STS suspension and frame and pass it down to Saturn. At least from what I read. The new CTS should be a doozy, and if they can cram a V-8 in it (5.3 maybe? 5.7?) it'd sell like pancakes and shut Chrysler up about their 300. Plus the new Avalon seems to be having sex with every magazine editor from here to China so the new CTS should be "just better" it should be flat out fantastic. The 4 door market has gotten very tough in that segment...

Josh, please, this is killing me. I've checked the site every few hours the past two days to see if you would change your mind about posting the cts pictures. while i realize your concern about them hurting gm i don't see how that could possibly happen. pictures of the outside skin and early interior pictures are not going to affect the future products of other companies that will compete with it, no matter how amazing it is. by releasing the pictures all that happens is you get a whole bunch of people really excited and start building more early buzz to go along with the media that have already seen it. Cheersandgears also gets to take credit for finding them instead of some other site becuase if these pictures are legal and in the public domain, chances are somebody else will find them eventually. You already posted the ion pictures and gm hasn't complained and i really doubt that the car will be a collasal failure becuase of the pictures either. Please, please, please show us the cts!!!

one thing i know, even if tens of thousands of internet enthusiasts get thier hands on these pictures, and then even if Car and Driver printed them, less than 1% of the general public would have any clue like they wouldn't have a clue if a meteor blasted in the astmosphere of the sun. Besides, C&D would likely face reprucussions since they truly are a mass publication, whereas at most maybe 10,000 people would see them here. A sizeable proportion, but miniscule nonetheless compared to the general population. my view.....defend GM and build customer following for them....releasing the pictures here would do nothing but create excitement for GM in general. ;) jmo........

Pay $100 for a web-site such as C&G every month and maybe, just maybe you will get to see the information/talk to the people. Also, the pictures were sealed up by the General shortly before our ION debut. They found the hole and closed it. The only way the pictures will get out is if people spread them, which if that happens will not be from me. I don't have the time, nor money to fight the worlds largest automaker in court. Do you?

Well, instead of showing us the picture can you give your opinion of what you've seen?  Is this a substantial update or is it more of a refresh?

[post="21745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's a beautiful car plain and simple.

Probably, IMO, the most striking sedan to come out of GM since the 50's or 60's

As impressive if not more impressive than the Solstice, Sky and Tahoe. (The three most impressive "new" GM launches)

Forget everything you know about Lexus and BMW. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif B)

Plus the new Avalon seems to be having sex with every magazine editor from here to China

LOL..

Toyota is their favorite ass to kiss.

Except in China.. Their media is actually intelligent and SHUNS the product of a country and society that cost them thousands of lives. (A stark contrast to American media)

Josh, please, this is killing me.  I've checked the site every few hours the past two days to see if you would change your mind about posting the cts pictures.

while i realize your concern about them hurting gm i don't see how that could possibly happen.  pictures of the outside skin and early interior pictures are not going to affect the future products of other companies that will compete with it, no matter how amazing it is.

by releasing the pictures all that happens is you get a whole bunch of people really excited and start building more early buzz to go along with the media that have already seen it.  Cheersandgears also gets to take credit for finding them instead of some other site becuase if these pictures are legal and in the public domain, chances are somebody else will find them eventually.

You already posted the ion pictures and gm hasn't complained and i really doubt that the car will be a collasal failure becuase of the pictures either.  Please, please, please show us the cts!!!

[post="22345"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, but the ION photo is CGI, the CTS photo is not.

I applaud Josh for not posting it (Eventhough it kills me to know that we'll probably lose the "numbers" to some other site who finds it and blows the cover while claiming an "exclusive")

You won't be disappointed though and isn't the CTS supposed to be shown at Detroit this years anyway?

Except in China.. Their media is actually intelligent and SHUNS the product of a country and society that cost them thousands of lives. (A stark contrast to American media)

[post="22510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You mean their government?

Probably, IMO, the most striking sedan to come out of GM since the 50's or 60's

As impressive if not more impressive than the Solstice, Sky and Tahoe. (The three most impressive "new" GM launches)

[post="22510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um, wow. :blink: Those are some pretty big statements. Can't wait 'till we can see some photos of this!

Here is an idea.. that will make Both GM and C&G members happy. Get someone to do a sketch of the Next CTS. Or you could just blackmail GM... get them to Pay YOU tons of money to hold onto the CTS photos and not let it out... Of course this is totaly WRONG! But its a thought... Either way... don't take my sugesstions too seriously. :blink: I just want to see the next CTS> :)

AH-HA do you mean that the CTS wont be at any auto shows this uear of that it jus wont be at the Detroit auto show. I really hope its at an auto show this year, the NYIAS would be convienent as I am 20 minutes away.

Someone here with the alias "evok" (another alleged insider) says:

"SOP is late 4th quarter 06."

More from "evok" here:

"Nope the CTS is nothing like the Sixteen. If you like the current car you are going to love the next generation model. The car still has the edgy look and instantly recognizable as a CTS but it is a lot smoother and flows better without that melted A&S look of the STS. The stance is also more aggessive. The car appears to lean forward where the Lexus GS leans backward. And the interior is unlike anything you would expect from the General. It will look like no other Cadillac interior on the market now. All I can say is, when it is released this will be the best Cadillac to date since the A&S make over. The interior is awesome."

Hooray, my first post. I previously posted to the old C&G under the name "2001Regal" before I chose my black '05 CTS over a LaCrosse.

Someone here with the alias "evok" (another alleged insider) says:

"SOP is late 4th quarter 06."

More from "evok" here:

"Nope the CTS is nothing like the Sixteen. If you like the current car you are going to love the next generation model. The car still has the edgy look and instantly recognizable as a CTS but it is a lot smoother and flows better without that melted A&S look of the STS. The stance is also more aggessive. The car appears to lean forward where the Lexus GS leans backward. And the interior is unlike anything you would expect from the General. It will look like no other Cadillac interior on the market now. All I can say is, when it is released this will be the best Cadillac to date since the A&S make over. The interior is awesome."

Hooray, my first post.  I previously posted to the old C&G under the name "2001Regal" before I chose my black '05 CTS over a LaCrosse.

[post="22856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Timing has since changed from last I looked into it. AH-HA is correct. Edited by evok

The CTS is well behind the new 330i and IS350 and they're going to keep selling it for another two freakin' years. I am obligated to make the glaringly obvious statement that they really need to get it out sooner.

On the other hand, I'd rather have them take an extra year to get it right. Maybe they saw the new benchmark set by the competition and decided to aim higher. Hope it's worth the wait. Guess the timing works out better for trading in my '05 CTS this way. I am planning to wait until the new one has been out a year before considering an upgrade.

Still waiting eagerly for some drawings or spy shots of the new look...