What about the wrangler? Now that I think is the best looking Jeep, ever.

Posted Image

Well when I see a wrangler I think of Jeep obviously. But when I think of Jeep I think of Cherokee, because my uncle had one so those are my most prominent memories of a Jeep. Hence why I like the Patriot and also GC. Actually scratch what I said earlier, I do like both exterior designs...maybe even the GC more. I think what I meant when I was typing earlier was the Patriot is the one I would buy from Jeep since it's not too big, decent on gas and still can carry stuff. Plus the Cherokee resemblance helps. That was my main problem with the previous Liberty design, didn't like the rounded elements of the car and the new one like I said is ok. Too bad it reminds me of the Nitro and Commander. Maybe I don't like that squished above the bumper grille/headlights look they have.

Also when I think of Wrangler, I also think of MacGyver, he sure could've used that 4 door Wrangler back then. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by big blue

I actually like the Nitro and Liberty designs, minus the fender vent. I just wish, like many other current Chrysler designs, that it had more head room for me.

It looks sad. I like the old one better, but this has some nifty features. Oh, and that interior looks crappy.

I agree-the exterior design could be worse, but the interior is a downgrade-more 'Sea of supposed Slate Grey', and the Nitro is better and has more features it seems. Too bad we're stuck with this until 2015 or so...

Also, Grand Cherokee (and Wrangler), with more passenger and cargo room and a good interior obviously, is what other Jeeps should be patterned after, not the third-world box Commander, and not those Patriot or Compass abominations either.

Liberty - Nitro, photo comparison:

Most people could probably tell that they come off the same platform, but I think they differ enough so that people won't mistake one for the other.

I can see them being mistaken for the other one from the side, but certainly not the front.

Okay, I take it back, the skylight is more amusing now. And yes, not sure how that picture didn't show up for me first.

But a new thing to bitch about... why is EVERYONE putting vents in the fenders?!

They are on the Taurus now too...look just like the G8 and Caddy CTS vents...Soon Buick Ventiports will be showing up the new Ford Fiesta for 2009!

And is it just me or do all the new Jeep models look like they just had thier wisdom teeth out???

Edited by toesuf94

I love the 4-door Wrangler, but the interior makes me want to kill babies.

But...it's a Wrangler not a Cadillac...it's not supposed to be soft and plush...it's an off road machine...if it fulfills that purpose, and be more livable on the pavement, then I'm perfectly happy that that is where the money went.

Edited by Dodgefan

But...it's a Wrangler not a Cadillac...it's not supposed to be soft and plush...it's an off road machine...if it fulfills that purpose, and be more livable on the pavement, then I'm perfectly happy that that is where the money went.

Its not the materials, its the design.

Honestly, all Jeep interiors are passable except for the current (not '08) Grand Cherokee and the Compass. Remember, the Compass is the urban soft-roader Jeep that just sort of generally looks like it may be able to kind of go off the pavement maybe once in a while but it would really rather prefer not to unless it really has to in some unavoidable circumstance that it just has to deal with but only then maybe.