2009 FORD FLEX: AN ALL-NEW FULL-SIZE CROSSOVER REDEFINES THE JOURNEY FOR THE AMERICAN FAMILY

Posted Image

Posted Image

(More pics further down)

* Bold Design Inside and Out: New Ford Flex full-size crossover is the first vehicle of its kind with a bold design, striking interior and seven-passenger seating for families.

* Cool Features: Interior refrigerator, second-row footrests, Ford Sync™ in-car communications and entertainment system, capless fueling, a 2,300-song personal juke box, programmable ambient interior “mood lighting” and a Multi-Panel Vista Roof™ are among the many customer-inspired innovations.

* Safe and Secure: An available rear back-up camera, s tandard f ront-and-side-seat mounted air bags, three-row Safety Canopy ® side curtain and AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® (Roll Stability Control) offer the safety and security customers demand for their families.

* Powerful and Confident: An award-winning 3.5-liter V-6 engine, fuel-efficient 6-speed transmission and available intelligent all-wheel-drive provide powerful and confident road manners.

* On Sale Next Year: The 2009 Ford Flex goes on sale in the summer of 2008, joining the Edge and Taurus X in Ford’s popular crossover lineup.

MORE INFO

LOVE IT. By far the best vehicle in Ford's stable.

Edit: Amazing, beautiful, unique, (should be a big) hit

Edit II:

Details include tweed-like fabric for the base-level Flex SE’s seats, with inserts in a miniature houndstooth.

Class-exclusive refrigerator, mounted between the second-row captain’s chairs. Unlike competitors’ systems that merely keep cold beverages cool, the Flex’s available compressor-driven refrigerator can cool up to seven 12-ounce cans, four half-liter bottles or two 20-ounce bottles from room temperature to 41 degrees in just more than two-and-one-half hours. That’s 40 percent faster than a standard home refrigerator.

Edited by sciguy_0504

I will have to see the exterior in person. In a couple shots it looks fine but in most it looks ugly. The interior looks good, but not as good as the Acadia. I'd like to see what the volume model looks like, too, not just the upscale model.

I'm going to need to see this one in the real world before I really know what I think of it.

My initial impression is favorable and it seems to have found a unique spot in the current world of automotive design. I love how everyone is dancing around the design of a traditional station wagon yet keeping it at arm's length, this seems to be one of the more successful recent efforts in that direction. I see a stretched and upsized Mini wagon here, yet it has a very Ford style to its boxiness.

I think I like it.

I'll have to see it up close. It is different, and I'm happy Ford took a chance on its styling.

But people these days are bland and boring. I see too many grey Toyota Highlander's on the road and too few red Dodge Magnum's. This could look too bold for families.

I like it. I really do. However, it has the worst name of any vehicle in recent history. Worse than the Isuzu Hombre, which translates to "I bought a 5-speed Man because I like to feel the stick."

I agree, the name sucks. It's not as luxurious as the car is, IMO. "County Spire" or "Fairlane" are much better. "Flex" sounds cheap.

I think it's a big success. They hit a market that is completely untouched. The interior is fabulous and well executed; not a rare thing for Ford, but this one seems to have detailing and quality that previous efforts have lacked. The exterior is what will count here; it's pretty great, though I don't like that I feel that it's lost character and charm since the concept. It seems to have been Fusion-ized a little too much.

Hot damn, this is a Ford?! I love it...this is the first bold move Ford's made since the Fusion.

If they can make their cars look this well-executed, I think there's hope for them yet.

Guest YellowJacket894

To be honest, I really like it. It has an attention to detail I haven't seen in a Ford vehicle since ... well, ever. The interior looks very expensive and very luxurious and the headlamps have this odd detailing that's very interesting to look at.

I do, however, hate the white roof. I hope body color is an option. This is something that is best left not a trend among automotive design.

If future efforts from Ford have this kind of detail and design, and are competitive as this product is, then things might just turn around for them. But they have to forget everything they established in the '90s and quit rechristening cars with ancient, brittle, prehistoric names first.

Now, Ford, bring the Interceptor concept to market, name intact, to kill off both the Taurus and Crown Victoria with revised front-end styling. That's the next logical step.

They hit a market that is completely untouched.

Well they haven't hit anything just yet. The Flex does not going into production until March of 2008. Assuming there are no problems between now and then.

I know Ford needed some good news out there ASAP, but still, no on can buy it for a year.

The flat-panel second generation keypad sounds interesting...

Oh I totally forgot about that part. They showed us that at the Ford preview and it is interesting! The deal with that is *non-disclosure agreement* and then it just *non-disclosure agreement*

Meh....well....it is very cool anyway. You'll like it.

I do, however, hate the white roof. I hope body color is an option. This is something that is best left not a trend among automotive design.

The standard roof is body-colored. Options include white or silver roof.

The next step for Ford is 1) new F150, 2) MCE Mustang 3) MCE Fusion 4) MKS 5) B-car They will all be out by this time next year ..

Interceptor has to wait for now - ford has a product invasion on their hands - even more in the year after that: 1) all new Explorer 2) all new Taurus 3) all new Focus

Igor

Now that I can see the full-size pics, all I can say is....FINALLY! The interior is beautiful, the exterior is entirely unique (and BOLD like it should be). The detailing is spot-on. I spent 5 minutes just looking at that picture of the gauge cluster. This will do very well for Ford.

What an ugly lookig toaster.

It should be called xB-XXL but I guess Flex is lame enough as is.