Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

Ford Prices 2008 Taurus

19 posts in this topic

NEW FORD TAURUS DELIVERS BEST OVERALL VALUE
Posted Image

• New 2008 Ford Taurus, available this summer, starts under $24,000.
  • Taurus costs thousands less than comparably equipped Toyota Avalon and Chrysler 300.
  • The most powerful, refined, safest and roomiest Ford Taurus ever features a bold new design. All-wheel drive is now available for the first time on Taurus.
  • New Taurus follows the same product and pricing strategy that has seen the 3-year resale values of new Ford products improve by as much as 11 percentage points.

DEARBORN , Mich., April 3, 2007 – The new 2008 Ford Taurus – the most powerful, refined, roomiest and safest Taurus ever – will have a base manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $23,995, including destination and delivery. Comparably equipped, Ford's iconic family sedan will be priced thousands of dollars less than sedans like the Toyota Avalon and the Chrysler 300.

Nearly 7 million Ford Taurus sedans have been built since 1985, and it remains one of the most recognized Ford vehicle names of all time – trailing only the Ford F-Series and Mustang.

The new Ford Taurus has a distinctive looked inspired by the highly successful Ford Fusion and Ford Edge. It adopts Ford's powerful and refined 3.5-liter V-6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, and features some of Ford's most advanced safety technology – including standard Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags. The new Taurus already has earned five-star ratings in all categories in crash testing conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

"The overall impression the new Ford Taurus makes – inside and out – is upscale. But it will deliver great value, just like the original," said Cisco Codina, group vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service. "The new Taurus goes to the heart of how we are approaching the future of this great company and this great brand. Build more of the products that people really want – products with more striking designs and even better value."

Great Value

The 2008 Ford Taurus is available in two trim series: Taurus SEL and Taurus Limited. The 2008 Ford Taurus SEL starts at $23,995 (MSRP), including $750 destination and delivery.

A 2008 Ford Taurus SEL equipped with the optional Interior Convenience Package (including a 6-disc CD changer, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, wiper-activated headlamps with auto on/off, 8-way power driver's seat and wood grain appearance) is priced at $24,890 – a compelling value compared with comparably equipped Toyota Avalon XL ($27,495) and Chrysler 300 Touring ($29,635) models.

The new Taurus also delivers the best all-wheel drive value in its segment, with base prices starting at $25,845. The only other vehicle in its competitive set to offer all-wheel drive is Chrysler 300 – beginning at $30,250.

The pricing of the 2008 Ford Taurus continues a strategy Ford has been following with each new vehicle launch: offer bold designs with new features and more standard safety equipment at very competitive prices to create long-term value for consumers.

According to Automotive Leasing Guide (ALG) data, this approach has sharply improved the resale value of Ford products at launch. For example, the projected 36-month resale value of the new Ford F-Series Super Duty is the highest of any full-size pickup truck. The resale value of the 2008 Ford Escape improved 11 percentage points and the resale value of the 2007 Ford Expedition improved by 9 percentage points.

Standard content on the 2008 Ford Taurus includes:

• 3.5-liter Duratec V-6 engine (263 hp and 249 lb.-ft torque)
  • Smooth-shifting, fuel-saving 6-speed automatic transmission
  • Front-wheel drive
  • Personal Safety System
  • Driver and front passenger seat side impact air bags
  • Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags
  • Tire pressure monitoring system
  • Audio input jack for MP3 players
  • AM/FM stereo with single CD player
  • Traction control
  • Integrated key fob
  • Fog lamps
  • 17-inch 8-spoke aluminum wheels

Available options include:

• AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control
  • Wiper-activated headlamps
  • All-wheel drive system
  • New-generation DVD Family Entertainment System with 8-inch screen
  • Voice-activated DVD-based Navigation System
  • Wood package
  • Ford SYNC™ voice-activated communications and entertainment system (available beginning this Fall)
  • 18-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheel
  • SIRIUS™ satellite radio
  • Power moonroof
  • Power adjustable pedals
  • Reverse sensing system
  • Front row heated seats

The 2008 Ford Taurus is built at Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant. It will be available for sale this summer.

I was at my local autoshow yesterday, and I got to see the new Taurus. It does look quite a bit better on the outside, but I cannot vouch for the interior, because they had it all locked up, and behind a velvet rope.

Funny, because Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Cadillac let everyone into all their vehicles. :rolleyes:

The pricing looks very good though. I'm a bit surprised that the Chrysler 300 Touring costs more than an Avalon XL.

Edited by Captainbooyah

The most powerful, refined, safest and roomiest Ford Taurus ever features a bold new design.

It does? :huh::P

It does? :huh::P

Looks pretty good. Now with some decent power and options a price of around 25K they should sell faily well. Not sure about " bold " but thats just the ad dept being brave

Where's the Heritage edition I've been hearing so much about? I want one! :P

It's definitely more competitive than it was. Still not sure I like the looks.

Thats a nice vehicle for $24K. If you can get the A plan and a small rebate that car would be ~$22K out the door.

Not to bash those who are down, but does Ford think they will gain sales by installing Cadillac 'gills' on the fenders? GM is putting those same gills on the Caddy's and the G8 - and now they are on a Taurus? What gives?

Hey Ford: A Bold move would be coming up with something like the Flex or Fairlane...not rebadging a 500 with an old moniker that is synonymous with 'rental fleet' and throwing on some chrome side gils from a competitors line to spice it up? What is next, Buick Ventiports on a "Special" Editition Focus?

You know what the saddest part is? I think I like this better:

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

Maybe the Taurus' front-end just isn't photogenic. What are the impressions of people that have seen the car in person? Does it look any good in the metal?

Maybe the Taurus' front-end just isn't photogenic. What are the impressions of people that have seen the car in person? Does it look any good in the metal?

Definitely better in person than photos....but it still has 'refresh' rather than 'fixed' look to it. Just got to see in at NY show....

I agree with enzl. After seeing it at the Dallas Auto Show, the Taurus definitely doesn't look bad, but it just doesn't really convey any emotion when you lay your eyes upon it. It is attractive enough for the buyers who just need a solid car from point A to B, except for maybe the taillights.

For some, if the car is quiet, roomy, safe and decently powerful, that's a good enough car for them.

I agree with enzl. After seeing it at the Dallas Auto Show, the Taurus definitely doesn't look bad, but it just doesn't really convey any emotion when you lay your eyes upon it. It is attractive enough for the buyers who just need a solid car from point A to B, except for maybe the taillights.

For some, if the car is quiet, roomy, safe and decently powerful, that's a good enough car for them.

I'm of the belief that these cars were vastly underrated as a 500, however, I'm not sure that the change of name and appearance will do much for the sales situation.

The 500 was never properly supported by marketing $ or coherent advertising. Perhaps they'll avoid that mistake this time?

oh no, it's a BIG improvement in person int he looks fo the car. even the new taillights make a big diff.

the 500's can be had new now for 17k. 500's got a bad rep for noisy interior, which I can testify to. Lack of power also, not for all, but for those who are critical. actually, a lot of things need work, which they seemingly have corrected some on the transition to the taurus.

but right, there was never any advertising on the 500. also partly why it tanked.

pricing is critical for this car. hopefully they will discount it a bit. the edge is not much more in price. usually it seems ford is crafty in building options you want into very expensive packages, which then kills interest in the car.

they are right about better leases on fords now. ford has some of the best lease setups and values in the industry now. something you could not say even 2 1/2 years ago.

i was led to believe advance trac was standard. when did this become optional?

i want Ford sync, moonroof and AWD. htd seats and remote start.

why does ford continue to resist daytime running lamps?

mag reviews will be critical for this car. if it reviews well and prices are good, it will improve sales greatly.

Edited by regfootball

Ford really needs to make bodyside moldings at least optional because the side of the car looks too plain and generic and needs something to break up this top heavy looking vehicle. I don't know what it is about todays car manufacturers that utterly refuse to at least offer this body saving feature. Also why does Ford not offer DRL's like GM and some other manufacturers?

Edited by ponchoman49

oh no, it's a BIG improvement in person int he looks fo the car. even the new taillights make a big diff.

the 500's can be had new now for 17k. 500's got a bad rep for noisy interior, which I can testify to. Lack of power also, not for all, but for those who are critical. actually, a lot of things need work, which they seemingly have corrected some on the transition to the taurus.

but right, there was never any advertising on the 500. also partly why it tanked.

pricing is critical for this car. hopefully they will discount it a bit. the edge is not much more in price. usually it seems ford is crafty in building options you want into very expensive packages, which then kills interest in the car.

they are right about better leases on fords now. ford has some of the best lease setups and values in the industry now. something you could not say even 2 1/2 years ago.

i was led to believe advance trac was standard. when did this become optional?

i want Ford sync, moonroof and AWD. htd seats and remote start.

why does ford continue to resist daytime running lamps?

mag reviews will be critical for this car. if it reviews well and prices are good, it will improve sales greatly.

Advance Trac was never available on the 500, hence its removal from the IIHS gold-star-metal-best-pick-blue-ribbon-thing.

The price is very good... it'll appeal to value-minded customers. The cheapest Accord V6 is $23,945 and the Camry V6 is $24,160. It should be interesting to see if average transaction prices are similar.

How easily they tranformed it from one of the least compelling cars in its market to a real competitor. Too bad they were not able to build them like this in the first place. I predict we'll be seeing the incentives pile up in no time... especially for those orphan 500s that will no doubt be left.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0