Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravenfreak13

Mazda 3 problems

17 posts in this topic

My neighbors(CR readers) refused to buy American so they got a Mazda 3 S in 2005...paid about $20k.....I laugh in their face!

So far:

defective wheel

defective door

defective airbag sensor

defective trunk

glovebox mounted wrong

On top of that the car was hit from behind twice and they complain that the seats feel like rocks and the backseat is too small for people.

Funny because my aunt bought a PT at the same time...paid $17.5k and has had absolutelly no problems.

I like the Mazda3 but serves them right for being bias wankers. So the PT has been good to your aunt huh?

On top of that the car was hit from behind twice

And this is Mazda's fault? Were those problems occurring before it was hit or after?

Weird. My friend has a Mazda3 that's fully loaded from the same year, and it has had NO problems whatsoever.

He should be complaining to the dealer. My friend's Mazda3 has been great too, other than being a car magnet. He's been hit several times already this year.

I like his car, just not his trim. The sport suspension is too firm for my liking.

Weird. My friend has a Mazda3 that's fully loaded from the same year, and it has had NO problems whatsoever.

i know too people who've got them and no problems either.

sounds like bad luck, a random lemon, they happen

Edited by Dragon

The real point was that CR readers need to take a second look. They didnt even know mazda is manufactured under the ford brand until I made them go to ford.com. Ignorance caused them to buy a problematic car.

And dodgefan., yes the PT has been awesome!

Edited by Ravenfreak13

The Mazda 3 isn't a problematic car. Sounds like they got a lemon which can happen with any vehicle from any manufacturer.

You harping on anecdotal evidence of a foreign car having problems proving that foreign cars aren't infallible is no better than someone saying that because their cousin had a Chevy that had a laundry list of problems in its first year proves that GMs are crap cars.

Anecdotal evidence is very poor evidence. Much like CR's measure of reliability, which is to poll their subscribers, is a very poor way to collect information about vehicle reliability.

The Mazda 3 isn't a problematic car. Sounds like they got a lemon which can happen with any vehicle from any manufacturer.

You harping on anecdotal evidence of a foreign car having problems proving that foreign cars aren't infallible is no better than someone saying that because their cousin had a Chevy that had a laundry list of problems in its first year proves that GMs are crap cars.

Anecdotal evidence is very poor evidence. Much like CR's measure of reliability, which is to poll their subscribers, is a very poor way to collect information about vehicle reliability.

Actually it's not quite the same. It proves that not all cars and car manufactures are perfect. The Mazda3 is a great car, probably still best in class...but the unfortunate case here proves to some ignorant and bias people that no car maker is perfect, and perhaps it has opened their eyes to that fact. Maybe not, but one can hope.

He wasn't harping on Mazda per-say, but just the fact that the lemon that is car probably is shows that just because it's from Japan, doesn't make it perfect.

Actually it's not quite the same. It proves that not all cars and car manufactures are perfect. The Mazda3 is a great car, probably still best in class...but the unfortunate case here proves to some ignorant and bias people that no car maker is perfect, and perhaps it has opened their eyes to that fact. Maybe not, but one can hope.

He wasn't harping on Mazda per-say, but just the fact that the lemon that is car probably is shows that just because it's from Japan, doesn't make it perfect.

What?

While car makers may be glorified in magazines and implied that they are perfect, we all know that NO Automaker is perfect, and any person with 1/2 a brain cell should know that nothing is perfect. If these people did their research (which I'm guessing they did), and then picked a car that they not only liked, but felt was a good economic value, then what is the big deal?

Besides, going back to lemon cars, every Automaker has is Monday morning and Friday night cars.

Just my 0.02

What?

While car makers may be glorified in magazines and implied that they are perfect, we all know that NO Automaker is perfect, and any person with 1/2 a brain cell should know that nothing is perfect. If these people did their research (which I'm guessing they did), and then picked a car that they not only liked, but felt was a good economic value, then what is the big deal?

Besides, going back to lemon cars, every Automaker has is Monday morning and Friday night cars.

Just my 0.02

You'd think everyone would be smart enough to know no maker is perfect, but a lot of people who are bias against US cars believe that Asian cars, particularly Japanese can do no wrong and will even make up excuses to justify things that do. Do I really need to use specific examples?

Also, if their research is based solely on CR, that's not exactly good research. Like I said, the "big deal" is that it may have enlightened previously bias people (who they are if they refuse to by American" that, their beloved Japanese car isn't much better than an American car. For all their research he Raven even said they weren't aware Mazda was owned by Ford.

i test drove a base 2.0L with e 5speed afew years ago, it was fun to drive in a small car way i guess. me and a friend took it on a slightly curvy backroad. couldn't stand the radio, at least how it was setup...

The 3 really is a great car, handles well. Actually faster than some of the Minis Miatas and so forth at theSCCA auto-x nationals in Kansas last year.

Nice, nice suspension set up.

That being said I can't wait to test drive an Astra.

Chris

Only person I know with a 3 had it stolen out of a parking lot.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0