Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
azulSKY

2008.5 Cobalt Refresh

13 posts in this topic

I doubt the Cobalt will look like the Astra since we're getting the Astra unmolested from Europe and they're not on the same platform.

I doubt the Cobalt will look like the Astra since we're getting the Astra unmolested from Europe and they're not on the same platform.

They Aren't? I Thought they were both on the Delta Platform. Then what is the Astra On? Epsilon?

If they aren't on the same platform, they certainly share body parts. Look at a Cobalt sedan and the Astra 5 door. The front doors are identical. The A pillars and hoodlines are pretty much identical. It may be insulting my own car, but GM just crappified the Cobalt from the Astra. It only takes just take one simple look.

And too much like the Astra? Come on now, it's still GM we're talking about....If it got that extensive of a front-end modification, that would be significantly different.

bad enough that GM (and others) have done the "slap a different grill on it" job so many times in the past (or the present - G5), do we have to do it in our imaginations? You want the Astra, go buy the Saturn. :rolleyes:

I can assure you that Astra's Delta is not the same as NA Delta which the Cobalt rides on. Griffon corrected me once. The two won't share platforms until both gets redesigned

And I agree that the Cobalt shouldn't be an Astra rebadge. Next gen maybe, but certainly not this gen.

It's a nice chop though.

It'sa nice job, but loosk too much like the Astra...no more rebadges...GM and and other have made enough of them.

It'sa nice job, but loosk too much like the Astra...no more rebadges...GM and and other have made enough of them.

Well, it's one thing to have a rebadge of an Opel and a Chevrolet, because both are from different continents. Rebadging becomes a problem when you take a Chevrolet, and badge it as three other brands in the same country, on the same damn mediocre minivan platform.

Thing is we are getting the Astra here, as a Saturn. Back to square one.

Well, it's one thing to have a rebadge of an Opel and a Chevrolet, because both are from different continents. Rebadging becomes a problem when you take a Chevrolet, and badge it as three other brands in the same country, on the same damn mediocre minivan platform.

Thing is we are getting the Astra here, as a Saturn. Back to square one.

Bingo

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0