Conservapedia

I found a link to this on another site and just had to post it...please enjoy the humor in this site and don't turn this thread into a political bash fest. This website is not a joke either, sadly.

Wikipedia on Conservapedia

Conservapedia is a private wiki project to construct an encyclopaedia whose articles are supportive of conservative Christianity, social conservatism, and American nationalism.

The project was founded by Andrew Schlafly, the son of conservative commentator Phyllis Schlafly, in response to an alleged anti-Christian and anti-American bias in the articles of Wikipedia. According to recent stories about the site, Conservapedia originated from a project by homeschooled children, with many of its entries created by teenagers as part of a school assignment.

Andrew Schlafly has stated that the project's goal is to become an educational source for teachers free of the alleged liberal, anti-Christian and anti-American bias of Wikipedia. Conservapedia disapproves of what it claims is an institutional aversion on Wikipedia to the use of Christian scripture and doctrine as reliable sources. Topics relating to natural phenomena, morality, religion, politics and American history have been singled out for its particular criticism.

Conservapedia on dinosaurs
Ever since the discovery of dinosaur fossils, there has been debate about whether and how dinosaurs fit into the history of life on Earth.

Christians are often caricatured as believing that God planted the fossils to test their faith, and it's true that some Christians believe that dinosaurs never existed. However, no informed creationists believes this. All viewpoints accept that dinosaurs existed. Young-Earth creationists, however, reject the uniformitarian time-scale, and therefore believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. Creationists also reject the now-popular idea that dinosaurs evolved into birds.

Conservapedia on gravity

The considerable disagreement between scientists about the theory of gravity suggests that, like evolution, the theory will eventually be replaced with a model which acknowledges God as the source of all things, the Prime Mover, and the only real fundamental force in the universe.
Conservapedia on the automobile
A sad historical note: The last real American car to be made in the USA will roll off the assembly line in April 2007. In this context "real" means standard sized with frame/body construction and rear wheel drive. Lincoln Town Car production continues after moving to Canada along side the Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis produced there. An underlying cause is the need to meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standards within both domestic and imported fleet aggregates. Thus, the largest cars are best placed with the "imported" pool for compliance purposes. Large General Motors cars which included full sized sedan and station wagon body styles ended production in 1996.

Conservapedia on Mexico

Mexico is a country south of the United States. Mexico is known for its poor economy, causing many of its citizens to immigrate illegally north to the U.S. to find work.

Mexico is the source of most of the marijuana imported into the United States.

Conservapedia on Russia
Russia is the Largest country in the world and has the sixth largest population in the world. It is known for its cold winters, and harsh weather. It has only been conquered once in the winter, by the famous Ghangas- Kan. Hitler, Napoleon and many other famous military geniouses have tried to conquer it during the winter but all failed.

Conservapedia on Ecuador

"Ecuador is a country in northern South Africa[citation needed]. It is near the Equator, that is why it is called Ecuador, which means Equator in Spanish."

Countries near Ecuador are Colombia, Peru, and Panama.

Conservapedia on the French Revolution

The French Revolution is the most famous revolution in all of history. It started out with hope and promise, but ended with nearly everyone being executed by the Guillotine.

:lol:

I got some of these off the thread at Skyscraperpage...apparently Conservapedia has cleaned up spelling and factual errors since this was first posted in early March, but it's still funny nonetheless.

A sad historical note: The last real American car to be made in the USA will roll off the assembly line in April 2007. In this context "real" means standard sized with frame/body construction and rear wheel drive. Lincoln Town Car production continues after moving to Canada along side the Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis produced there. An underlying cause is the need to meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standards within both domestic and imported fleet aggregates. Thus, the largest cars are best placed with the "imported" pool for compliance purposes. Large General Motors cars which included full sized sedan and station wagon body styles ended production in 1996.

that HAD to have been written by 68!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Christian or not, teenagers aren't exactly going to write quality pieces.

Also, I could have sworn that gravity was relative to the mass of the object that creates it (ie Earth generating more gravity than its Moon, the Sun generating enough gravity to keep the various planets in orbit...). Where's the disagreement?

Christian or not, teenagers aren't exactly going to write quality pieces.

Also, I could have sworn that gravity was relative to the mass of the object that creates it (ie Earth generating more gravity than its Moon, the Sun generating enough gravity to keep the various planets in orbit...). Where's the disagreement?

Christian or not...teenagers or not...I find some of it to be so funny. Are mainstream "Christians" taught that all science is wrong and that God miraculously created everything (you know, aside from Van Halen and "24" which were obviously brought on by Satan himself)? I know of many people (non-left leaning) who believe that much of science is correct and can be adapted to their own beliefs in God. But honestly, how many people are there out in the world who believe that all scientists are wrong?

As a Christian, by faith I believe that God made everything. However, I have a hard time believing that Genesis Chapter 1 is meant to be taken literally. I could connect each of the six days to events that theoretically took millions of years to occur. I'm thinking, the author used the term "days" because it would be more like days to God, but to us it's more like eons. Many Christians will disagree with me, but this is my own personal conclusion.

I also believe that evolution takes place. All newborn creatures take on the physical and mental traits of their parents, and sometimes develop traits of their own. How can you even dispute that such a thing takes place? That's not to say God doesn't play a part in it... But again, many Christians will disagree.

The logic behind completely ignoring the theory of Evolution is that it contradicts the first chapter of the Bible as it is written. And sometimes a Christian is considered not a Christian if they don't take the entire Bible literally. The argument that can be made is, if you don't believe that the Lord created the world in six days, then how can you believe anything else in the Bible? To that, I say, there are over a dozen different versions of the Bible in every conceivable language. There's obviously room for interpretation.

Why does each group feel like they have to have their own version of everything? Lets just get this out of the way now with:

canadian-americanopedia

african-americanopedia

homopedia

lesbopedia

transgenderopedia

muslopedia

liberopedia

carfanatopedia

KKKopedia

NAACPopedia

PETApedia

moronopedia

sex offenderopedia

buddhopedia

hindopedia

UAWopedia

There, now these groups can have their own pedia too.

sex offenderopedia

Pedopedia?

And there are billions and billions of websites where thousands of different ideals are touted. Just because they exist, doesn't mean people read them.

And if you're going to use something like Conservapedia as your source of information, then I invite you to hang out in that cave for as long as you want. Just don't expect things to be peachy keen and in full agreement when you come back out.

I've never really followed the Bible...my religion didn't stress it very much. But my belief is that the Bible is a collection of hundreds of years of stories from many different people into one bound book. Christianity was an underground religion until 313 AD when Constantine declared it legal to be practiced in the Roman Empire. No one will ever know exactly when the Bible was written, but it was written during one of the darkest times in civilization's history, after the collapse of the Roman Empire. I have no doubt that some of the events in the Bible may have actually happened, but I also believe that they were likely exaggerated as time passed and different sources passed the stories on. The Christian Church before the Great Reformation had a history of exaggerating things...numerous Popes built early hospitals claiming to be "healers," and one Pope even painted a falsified fresco in the sanctuary of SS Quattro Coronati that shows Emperor Constantine being baptized by Pope Silvester I and seceding his power to the Pope, which never actually happened.

To me, the Bible is a book of morals...general guidelines for a society to follow. But it is never anything I would take literally. Events like the Great Flood may have happened; they are saying that there is scientific evidence of a massive flood that occurred in the Black Sea around 5000 years ago, which would have been recorded by the Ancient Greeks in their mythology. As time passed, this catastrophic flood story would have been retold through many generations, but how can we be certain they did not add new details or exaggerate the story? Early Christians living in Italy were surrounded by Greek and Roman mythology; perhaps this mythological account transferred into the story of Noah and the Ark? We'll never know for fact unless we somehow are able to travel back in time.

I've never really followed the Bible...my religion didn't stress it very much. But my belief is that the Bible is a collection of hundreds of years of stories from many different people into one bound book. Christianity was an underground religion until 313 AD when Constantine declared it legal to be practiced in the Roman Empire. No one will ever know exactly when the Bible was written, but it was written during one of the darkest times in civilization's history, after the collapse of the Roman Empire. I have no doubt that some of the events in the Bible may have actually happened, but I also believe that they were likely exaggerated as time passed and different sources passed the stories on. The Christian Church before the Great Reformation had a history of exaggerating things...numerous Popes built early hospitals claiming to be "healers," and one Pope even painted a falsified fresco in the sanctuary of SS Quattro Coronati that shows Emperor Constantine being baptized by Pope Silvester I and seceding his power to the Pope, which never actually happened.

To me, the Bible is a book of morals...general guidelines for a society to follow. But it is never anything I would take literally. Events like the Great Flood may have happened; they are saying that there is scientific evidence of a massive flood that occurred in the Black Sea around 5000 years ago, which would have been recorded by the Ancient Greeks in their mythology. As time passed, this catastrophic flood story would have been retold through many generations, but how can we be certain they did not add new details or exaggerate the story? Early Christians living in Italy were surrounded by Greek and Roman mythology; perhaps this mythological account transferred into the story of Noah and the Ark? We'll never know for fact unless we somehow are able to travel back in time.

A good chunk of the Bible (much of the Old Testament, which includes the creation story and the story of Noah's Ark) is actually copied from Hebrew scriptures, which predate the Roman empire. But then again, I'm no Theologist.

Guest YellowJacket894

Young-Earth creationists, however, reject the uniformitarian time-scale, and therefore believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. Creationists also reject the now-popular idea that dinosaurs evolved into birds.

Morons. These people are watching The Flintstones as if it were a f@#king documentary.

I made an article on 'Winger.'

I previously wrote an article on Motley Crue and a friend wrote one on Rammstein... but they both got removed in minutes.. :rolleyes:

I haven't created any yet...but I did fix a few errors in the Automobiles entry. I'll see what I can do about Metallica and Bad Religion. Perhaps I'll start with Stryper.

:lol:

I tried to add audio samples in the '.ogg' format, but no luck, unfortunately :D. You might be better at figuring that out though.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Winger ... just to showcase. I'm so proud of myself. :P. Of course, I have to complete it, but if any glam/hair-metal heads jave some time, they can always help.

Edited by Captainbooyah

LOL..."to helllll with the devil!"

I gotta admit...even though Styper's lyrics are not my cup of tea, they have some really awesome sounding guitar work.

Back in the day, some of the biggest "devil-worshiping type" metalheads had a Stryper album or two. And what high school senior didn't send "Honestly" to his girl?

I've got two CDs plus the 12" single of "Reason for the Season" (it carries a very Van Halen-like "Winter Wonderland" on the B-side).

Edited by Hudson