top gear

loki

clicky

they've been in talks to get one on a network over here...

can't be the same, but hopefully they'd find some people to best replace hammond and the guys the best they could. it mentions the stig would still race the cars.

Any Dope can do what he does. I do enjoy how he squeezes his 48 inch waiste in to 28 inch waiste jeans. He his so Anti-American, his show won't last long here if he is on it.

Besides your obsession with his waist, he's a funny character with his other partners...and their sesne of humor ispriceless. SDO he's an arse...he's still better than any lame ass American host. Top Gear isn't Top Gear without the 3 of them.

Oh, and he's so anti-American that he owns a Ford GT.

Edited by Dodgefan

When Clarkson drove the Dodge SRT-10 Viper on one episode he remarked on all the safety stickers on the car, I almost pissed myself laughing. And then he mentioned the warning about the exhaust getting hot...and then the damn thing started smoking where the exhaust is...:lol: Wonderful.

Well....actually it broke so much, I think he got rid of it and ordered a Gallardo spyder.

Also, he considered the GT to be more British then anything since it is based off the British Designed/Engineered GT-40 racecar from the 60s. He even said so himself.

You do know I am a German citizen, don't you? :smilewide: Actually I have Dual Citizenship, German and American.

Naturalized American?

There is a thinly spread American-car subculture across Europe (someone here even sold their Buick to a Norwegian), but it's not the same as widespread appreciation for modern American vehicles. The standard opinion outside North America, fueled by parochial media who have for the most part never driven anything but Corvettes (which they usually like) is that American cars are crap, something that influences US media as well.

What's the formula for Top gear anyway? Presenters with a comic background (Car magazine for years had Ronny Barker and even Rowan Atkinson as reviewers and columnists) and a love of fast cars; a celebrity guest who may or may not be able to drive a cheap POS around a track (how about an Echo?); an exotic car test (more domestic exotics—now that's an oxymoron—such as the Saleen, SSC and Mosler), an experienced race driver to test lap times; a beater challenge for comic relief; a comparison test of performance variants (Caliber v Cobalt v Civic) etc.; or an SUV test (driving an Escalade up Pikes Peak perhaps).