Spied: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe

DetroitNut90

Come on I am gonna miss the Dual stacked instrumentation of the Civic.

Andd, they screwed the steering wheel. No more three spoke and gee no more Acura RDX, PS2 steering wheel either.

It seems like Horn-dawg finally realized the sunroof controls should not be on the left hand side of the steering.

Yeah, that steering wheel lookes unconfortably like something a Ford designer would pull out of the parts bin.

It seems like Horn-dawg finally realized the sunroof controls should not be on the left hand side of the steering.

Do buttons have to be next to the things they control, no matter how akward they are to reach?

If so, let me suggest that the steering wheel be beside the left front tire and the stereo controls should be mounted by the tweater in the driver's a-pillar.

The TL has the controls up by the moonroof, and I'm no fan of having to reach above my head. Only auto-open/close makes it tolerable.

The only advantage I can see is that totally unfamiliar with the car would know where to look right away. Perhaps if Honda was more into making rental queens they would make this a requirement.

Edited by GXT

The only advantage I can see is that totally unfamiliar with the car would know where to look right away. Perhaps if Honda was more into making rental queens they would make this a requirement.

:thumbsup:

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter where the button is, as long as I don't have to reach up for it. The left side works fine, as passengers can't mess with it.

Heh, funny you should mention that. In my family, our first car with a sunroof was our 99 Accord. I kept on reading how Honda always had it wrong and I just thought to myself, what is every one talking about? The button is right there on the left!

Personally, I also prefer reaching to the left rather than having to reach up and over my head. A quick glance to the left is safer to me while driving than a look up to see where you fingers are.

Edited by big blue

Think those are SO ugly.

Agreed. Sure, they have those there to keep the screen out of direct sunlight but you'd think that if Cadillac can use a system on in the STS and Escalade that changes the angle of the display screen with the flip of a switch without when it's sunny out, that Honda could easily do something like that too. It would make the interior look a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Cadillacfan

I think this car is going to be HOT......

But I also think Malibu will put up a good fight.

The ONLY area where I think the Malibu will really come up short is in interior quality. I like the Malibu's more stylish interior direction compared to the Aura....and I like the two-tone options. However, I've been seriously disappointed in Aura interior quality and fit-and-finish. It just doesn't seem as buttoned-down or as nicely-finished as even the current Accord is. The new Accord will most likely move the game on another stretch.

Malibu appears to share alot of the same materials and suspect interior pieces like the flimsily-attached door armrests......and while the design may be way more attractive than the Auras, it will certainly share some of the disappointments......being built on the same architecture, and sharing most likely similar cost decisions on build.

yeah, Its a different league than the malibu, but I stil don't see anything sensational in it, that line down the middle of the side looks terrible if you ask me. I really think you guys are making this out to be way more sensational than it is, it looks about 3 years late to be increadible.

I think this car is going to be HOT......

But I also think Malibu will put up a good fight.

The ONLY area where I think the Malibu will really come up short is in interior quality. I like the Malibu's more stylish interior direction compared to the Aura....and I like the two-tone options. However, I've been seriously disappointed in Aura interior quality and fit-and-finish. It just doesn't seem as buttoned-down or as nicely-finished as even the current Accord is. The new Accord will most likely move the game on another stretch.

Malibu appears to share alot of the same materials and suspect interior pieces like the flimsily-attached door armrests......and while the design may be way more attractive than the Auras, it will certainly share some of the disappointments......being built on the same architecture, and sharing most likely similar cost decisions on build.

Well, you KNOW that the Accord's interior quality will be top notch.

And I'm with you about the Malibu's interior. I mean, I really really really hope GM managed to do it 120% right, but I just can't see them besting the Accord.

Hopefully this one will have a real interior, unlike the one I saw at Chicago with blacked out windows an just moldings.

You saw a concept. They don't always have interiors (hell, some don't even have engines!). These spy shots are definitely of a prototype, one that is very close to production.

You saw a concept. They don't always have interiors (hell, some don't even have engines!). These spy shots are definitely of a prototype, one that is very close to production.

Yeah, I'd imagine the production will actually have an interior. Otherwise, there would be some very surprised and/or upset 2008 Accord buyers. :lol:

Indeed. They need to get with the program. If Mazda can offer it in the Mazda 3, GM can offer it in all their small and mid-size cars as well.

That's my biggest turn-off to GM's new Midsizers. They're great in most every other espect but th omission of a NAV option is inexcusable. The Fusion commits the same crime as well. A lot of people will agree. I know when I go new car shopping down the road I want one with a NAV system. I don't want an aftermakret one stuck on my dash...and OnStar isn't the same. The have a NAV system...they put it in the Lambdas and GMT-900s...so why is it so hard to put it in the Malibu or Aura?

Hell, the new Lancer can be had with one.

How many people who buy a Mazda3 or Lancer get a navigation system? Seriously? Furthermore, how many use one?

But if you want the option, fine, as long as non-navigation models aren't left with a pointless LCD display like the Murano.

How many people who buy a Mazda3 or Lancer get a navigation system? Seriously? Furthermore, how many use one?

But if you want the option, fine, as long as non-navigation models aren't left with a pointless LCD display like the Murano.

I dunno the take rate, but choice is good, because there are people who would buy them with a NAV system and who would use it, and I'm one of them.

And it isn't fine, because even if I wanted one, the option isn't available on the Aura or Malibu.

Got news for you Fly... my friends who bought a nav system LOVE theirs... and I've been in the car out-of-state where it has come in very useful (granted I hated the car it was in, but the system itself proved extremely helpful).

I can tell you right now, if I bought a NG LaCrosse or Malibu, I would get nav if it were an option. Because it's not, I would seriously consider competition who do offer it. I just get frustrated that some companies make it only available on their top trims.

Well see, it doesn't matter the number of sales. If percentage of sales determined whether or not a car had a certain option, there would be A LOT of things cars wouldn't be available with. Manual transmissions for one.

It matters because if, say Car and Driver, does a comparo of optioned-out models they get so much more with an Accord or Camry than they do with an Aura or Malibu. GM needs to option for the impression it gives for the vehicle, not just for the sales it would garner.

That's my biggest turn-off to GM's new Midsizers. They're great in most every other espect but th omission of a NAV option is inexcusable. The Fusion commits the same crime as well.

Which is why I may wait until the new iteration of the Impala to see if it has one.

And BTW, the Fusion offers nav as of late last year.

Back on topic, I'm not a coupe person, but Honda makes the nicest ones IMO.