Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The front end styling on the Lincoln Town Car

9 posts in this topic

I was out today, and I kept seeing Lincoln Town Cars. I like the car, but I kept thinking.. I have seen that front end somewhere before. I kept focusing on the front end. I then figured out where I had seen it before.

The Lincoln Town car update from 2003 is from an the fullisized 1995-1997 Australian Ford Fairlane and LTD

Posted Image

2003 to current Lincoln Town Car:

Posted Image

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ummm....ok, I think it looks more like (or identical to) the post-1998 Grand Marquis.

You know what that Fairlane needs? More side windows.

:lol:

Unlike Holden, Ford Hasn't gotten the full-size car styling right.

When is Ford due to respond fully with a VE competitor? Didn't they recently facelift their fullsize offerings Down Under as a stopgap before their full redesign? I hope the new Falcon/Fairlane/Whatever looks cool, but knowing Australian tastes based on Holden's new VE, it'll prolly have a "parallel universe" design that doesn't quite resonate in The States.

When is Ford due to respond fully with a VE competitor? Didn't they recently facelift their fullsize offerings Down Under as a stopgap before their full redesign? I hope the new Falcon/Fairlane/Whatever looks cool, but knowing Australian tastes based on Holden's new VE, it'll prolly have a "parallel universe" design that doesn't quite resonate in The States.

Not till 2010, I think.

:lol:

Unlike Holden, Ford Hasn't gotten the full-size car styling right.

I must disagree.

Posted Image

The Australians are lucky--they not only have the VE, they also get the BFII Falcon.

Love the mechanicals of the Australian Holdens and Fords...but the styling of all just errors too much on the same derivative, one studio done lines.

Back to the main topic though, the resemblance between a new TC and an older Australian Ford is likely not intential, or even noticed by anyone...well, aside from you. The TC at least still looks well done and finished, compared to the clunkier CV/GM look that never really changed much in the past decade.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0