SHANGHAI: Buick Riviera Concept

Flybrian

Eh... the greenhouse looks too big in relation to the body. The front doesn't look classy enough for a Buick. If they went with a front end more like the Velite, shrunk down the greenhouse, and perhaps elongated the front a bit... It would look much better. As is the body lines and the rear are almost perfect. The execution... isn't.

I'm a bit surprise that this concept didn't steal anybody design since it's from a country where its automakers, (not just buick) copies/rebadge/needs help from others, to design its own cars. I'm aware that this is a pre concept, but so far these dosent sound good:

I think I'm with Chaz on this one.

The front is butt-ugly, the back merely ok, and the doors absurd.

Hope this is only a styling exercise without production intent

The front looks waaaaay to high. The back looks OK I suppose
getting past some of the "errors"
Looks pretty ugly, and I really doubt this is anything more than a pie-in-the-sky concept.
shrunk down the greenhouse, and perhaps elongated the front a bit... It would look much better
The front doesn't look classy enough for a Buick. If they went with a front end more like the Velite,

wow, just wow. the 3 year old velite face is better looking than riviera concept?!

Like most concepts, it's very overwrought.

like most NA buick concepts, this thread would be filled with post saying something like : this will save buick! build this! this is the best concept i ever seen!

so far there's 3 of them and the rest dosen't sound great.

And this is how buick is going to be saved, w/ rebadges of out-dated designs?

Edited by carstar

I still love it but it should be called Skylark or Regal NOT Riviera.

Not that it will see production...

Guest YellowJacket894

After cooling off and seeing some other angles, I have to say I want someone to just, well, sit on it and pull both ends of it. The styling on this car is really nice, it's just everything is way too tall -- the front end, the rear -- and it needs to be longer, sleeker. I really love the shape of the interior, though.

Edited by YellowJacket894

After cooling off and seeing some other angles, I have to say I want someone to just, well, sit on it and pull both ends of it. The styling on this car is really nice, it's just everything is way too tall -- the front end, the rear -- and it needs to be longer, sleeker. I really love the shape of the interior, though.

I found just the guy for it!

Posted Image

Edited by 91z4me

World premiere at Auto Shanghai 2007: Buick Riviera — Stunning Coupe Concept Unveiled in Shanghai

* China-Designed Gullwing Coupe For China's Global Auto Show

* Preview To Buick's New International Design Language

* Buick Returns Riviera Nameplate After Eight Years

* “It's Not East, Not West ... It's Buick”

SHANGHAI — The Buick Riviera, a stunning concept car designed to showcase Buick's new global design direction, made its global debut today at Auto Shanghai 2007.

The gullwing Riviera concept coupe was developed with global design input by the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC) in China, a design and engineering joint venture between General Motors and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC).

The Riviera was introduced today by Rick Wagoner, GM Chairman and CEO, and Hu Maoyuan, SAIC Chairman. …

Full press release at AutoReport

I always hate to give my opinion, because "GM NEVER LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BUY THEIR CARS", but if this is the design language for Buick, it may have a nice future. This concept is good but it isn't great. First the name. I actually own a 95 Buick Riviera (it was infact my dream car in high school)and this isn't a Rivi. The concept is cool,but it isn't revolutionary or evolutionary to to any of the best Rivi's (63-65, 66-68, 92-99). Not saying that it has to,but I always thought of my Rivi as the poor,poor man CL class. They are both the same size(full size coupes) and are both sleek personal luxury coupes. This looks a little smallish. I say the front is cool but lower the grille alittle and give it more of a traditional tail end or tapered trunk. Drop a rwd V8 in it and crame it with just enough goodies so that it doesnt step on Cadillac's tail. Currectly I own my second 95 Rivi. I haven't bought another car because stylisticly there is no fullsize luxury coupe that the common man can afford. Maybe I'll wait till the CL's price come down, because for some reason Mercedes Benz is the only company making them. Until I'll be loving that 95 Rivi. By the way, I'm 28 and not in my 40's 50's or 60's, surprising huh? but here my rendition if only they added somemore truckspace....thats what I think it need

Peace.

post-4263-1177123419_thumb.jpg

post-4263-1177123437_thumb.jpg