2007 Buick Excelle

VenSeattle

Well, it's better than the Skylark/Grand-Am/Achieva triplets we had in the 1990s. If gas prices start to dictate product line-up, I'd prefer an upscale FWD compact as a Buick for BPG dealers to allow Pontiac pushing towards an all RWD line-up. I don't want this car sold in the US as a Buick, but perhaps the next generation. Think Buick TSX. The interior needs some more upgrading, especially the steering wheel.

Funny how the same company that sells the excellent Park Avenue also sell this cheap thing. It looks like the cheap Suzuki it is, and the interior looks cheaper than a Cobalt.

Nissan called and wants last gen Altima's rear end back.

Edited by Dodgefan

The gauges themselves are nice and the presence of a HUD is also commendable, but its so god-awfully cheap-looking and not even in the center filed of vision.

This is definitely a Buick that should stay overseas. And while the concept of an intermediate premium sport compact Buick is a worthy one, the Excelle itself doesn't represent anything a stateside Buick should be, IMO. The Skylark you mentioned, Ven, strikes me as preferrable to this thing, especially with the FX3 Electric Ride Control pack.

the chinese get the details right though. about the only cheap looking parts in the inteiror are the steering wheel and the emergency brake lever. the interior is creative and more thoughtfully designed than any current American Buick, and the exterior is trying to be upscale though its hampered by being merely an update of an old car. The chinese should get to do all the Buicks. I'm convinced.

Oh, and a RWD Skylark based on Alpha for around 22k starting price is exactly what the doctor ordered for a compact car at Buick. Make it with an Ecotec that gets 35 mpg, and you've got a great fuel efficienct, safe, and fun car to drive when it needs to be.

Oh, and a RWD Skylark based on Alpha for around 22k starting price is exactly what the doctor ordered for a compact car at Buick. Make it with an Ecotec that gets 35 mpg, and you've got a great fuel efficienct, safe, and fun car to drive when it needs to be.

That I can agree with.

*Skylark 2.4 - Base

*Skylark 2.0 T - Sport

*Skylark V6 - Luxury

And for my dreams...

*Skylark Super with a supercharged V6

2007 Buick Excelle

Interior

Posted Image

While it looks cheap in some aspects, the interior isn't all that bad and the center stack is better than most US GM vehicles...

Funny how the same company that sells the excellent Park Avenue also sell this cheap thing. It looks like the cheap Suzuki it is, and the interior looks cheaper than a Cobalt.

Technically, that cheap Suzuki is a Daewoo, if you've forgotten.

While it looks cheap in some aspects, the interior isn't all that bad and the center stack is better than most US GM vehicles...

Technically, that cheap Suzuki is a Daewoo, if you've forgotten.

Right... I forgot about i being a Daewoo :duh:

As for the interior...the texturing looks worse than what DCX has in it's cars...the colors are nice and the center stack is alright but it looks cheap, and the steering wheel doesn't help.

I rather have a compact Buick from Brazil. :P

Posted Image

For one thing though, their remotes look so much better than ours.

:idhitit:

It's ugly. Trying too hard to be an Altima.

BTW: does this have Suzuki's transverse

mouted inline-six?

It's ugly. Trying too hard to be an Altima.

BTW: does this have Suzuki's transverse

mouted inline-six?

Altima? This thing is only as big as a Cavalier. It's the Optra up here, which replaced the Cavalier as the el-cheapo sedan.

And this can't fit an I6. It has the Daewoo-built 2.0L and 1.8L D-TECs I4s.

Well it still LOOKS like it's a wannabe Altima from the rear.

As far as the Inline-6 was that the Suzuki Verona?

I rather have a compact Buick from Brazil. :P

Posted Image

For one thing though, their remotes look so much better than ours.

Now that would make a nice looking NA entry level offering for Buick for those that are tired of paying for $80.00 gas fillups. Bring this model here now and watch sales go up for Buick.