Do you have a lead foot?

No, never. My '68 Camaro was driven at safe & prudent speeds and it was not in

any way involved in burnout competitions, drag racing, getting burnout photos

published in Car Craft and it also had nothing to do with my loss of driving

priveleges as per the Mass RMV. :ph34r:

Define "lead foot". :P

Do I? At times, yes. From the sounds of it, not nearly as much as some of you other guys. Generally I'm a speed limit abiding (well... 10 over is abiding, right? ...and the rare top speed runs don't count) driver. As well, I usually don't accelerate quickly unless I have the Sunfire. It's only fun to do that when you can shift your own gears. :D

Well being pulled over by a 4th gen Camaro on a highway going 110 MPH in my 1978 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight....the speedometers in those cars only went up to 85, and I had the needle pinned below the dash panel out of sight....it looked like I had no pointer at all....anyway I was written up for 110 MPH....thats 55 MPH...over the speed limit :P

Edited by Delta Force79

i have cases of lead foot, but typically don't see the need for it, now when i had the 83 regal wagon and gas was $1... that was a little different... the raw power of maybe 110hp in a 2+ ton car with a 3speed... yeah!!!!!! :lol:

Quiet! My logic is sound! :unsure:

Let's convert your argument into logical statements:

All persons identical to me are persons who do not travel over the speed limit.

All persons identical to me are persons who travel up to 10mph over the speed limit.

Therefore, Some persons who travel up to 10mph over the speed limit are persons who do not travel over the speed limit.

As you can see, the conclusion is invalid. Therefor, I would say your argument is not cogent! :AH-HA_wink:

I am liberal with the gas pedal when getting the car up to speed. I will put the pedal to the floor when getting on an expressway (traffic permitting). I give the car plenty of gas when accelerating from a stop, though I do back off once I'm at the limit (which I generally add 5 to). I can't help it...I like the forward surge and the accompanying engine sounds.

Posted Image

Thats my speedo every day at 4 am on I 94.

High gas prices do effect me that much to stop me from having fun.

I think it's broken :AH-HA_wink:

Well I do keep within 10 miles of the limit...except when theres some slow person driving...then I have to speed up....like today there were about 4-5 people in a new xterra...they stopped in the middle of the street...then went again...then stopped at a stop sign...after 3 seconds I roared around them...but I had to give my angry saturn toot toot horn before leaving them in their slow tracks.

Flowmaster mufflers are a drug. :drool:

Aren't they? I find my self flooring the car so i can hear the exhaust note. They get louder with age too.

Speaking of flowmasters, I'm wondering just how loud the wagon will be when I fire it up for the first time. In the Camino, with stock single exhaust, the 350 was pretty quiet. The wagon has big duals with flowmasters and headers - something tells me its going to be pretty loud.

Speaking of flowmasters, I'm wondering just how loud the wagon will be when I fire it up for the first time. In the Camino, with stock single exhaust, the 350 was pretty quiet. The wagon has big duals with flowmasters and headers - something tells me its going to be pretty loud.

*rubs hands greedily* heheheheh :scratchchin: