Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Variance

Spied: Lincoln MKS

16 posts in this topic

Spied: Lincoln MKS

The mule is actually wearing sheetmetal that looks production ready, and the most apparent change that's been made to the concept on its way to production is a new grille that reflects the double-wing design that's slated to become standard fare across the Lincoln lineup in the future. The taillights have also been altered and feature a clear lens with red LEDs.

Autoblog

Wait a second... this is based off the Mazda6, no? How does this fit in with the MKZ?

I don't see the 'double wing' grille in those shots... must be misinterpreting the term. I picture the MKR grille- you know: the stunner.

Looks exactly like a lexus from the side- redo, please.

Wait a second... this is based off the Mazda6, no? How does this fit in with the MKZ?

It's based off the Five Hundred/Taurus, making it larger than the MKZ.

This is not even close to Lincoln's savior. They need the MKR, not MKS.

This is not even close to Lincoln's savior. They need the MKR, not MKS.

Sorry, have to disagree, they need an MKS more than they need an MKR. Thing is, they need an MKS with a V8.

I know the syling isn't very American, but I like the MKS. I had the opportunity to sit inside the concept. If the exterior and interior styling on the production model are close to the concept, it will be well received...at least until the luxury buyers it's trying to attract realize that it doesn't have a serious powertrain. Smart move Ford, good job.

It's a huge FWD boat! That market is sinking fast.

It's a huge FWD boat! That market is sinking fast.

Yeah, I was referring more to the type of vehicle. Lincoln needs a competitive STS/5-Series/GS/whatever else fighter. I agree that while I do like the styling of the MKS, it has major flaws and won't stack up against the competition.

Yet another example of Ford having a good idea and executing it horribly.

From what I can make out the front end looks to have a better overall shape than the concept...the more aggressive grill is welcome. I hope the tailights have been lengthed to go into the decklid...as the concept's shape looked like it was ripped of the Aurora.

If they can offer AWD and V8 power it should be good.

I thought I heard rumors of the MKS being AWD...

AWD with the Yamaha V8 = kick ass!

Oh well, I agree that Lincoln needs a TRUE flagship, however this will add sales to the division and hopefully put them on a few more radars which can't be a bad thing.

I thought I heard rumors of the MKS being AWD...

AWD with the Yamaha V8 = kick ass!

Oh well, I agree that Lincoln needs a TRUE flagship, however this will add sales to the division and hopefully put them on a few more radars which can't be a bad thing.

I believe it will have an AWD variant, but it will be FWD/AWD, not RWD/AWD. It's based on the Ford Five Hundred platform (or something close to that; I know the Five Hundred was spawned out of the Volvo S80 with some significant changes, so who knows what kind of changes they made to build the Lincoln?)

I believe it will have an AWD variant, but it will be FWD/AWD, not RWD/AWD. It's based on the Ford Five Hundred platform (or something close to that; I know the Five Hundred was spawned out of the Volvo S80 with some significant changes, so who knows what kind of changes they made to build the Lincoln?)

The 500/Taurus architecture, known as the Ford D3 platform is based on Volvos's P2 platform. If the MKS has AWD it will be FWD/AWD.

Edited by Dodgefan

Not too bad. It's a little more pleasant than the concept, but it's short of being a true Lincoln flagship car, as in the MKR concept. The details seem nice too, but it's not what I would want to see in a Lincoln, really.

I don't see the 'double wing' grille in those shots... must be misinterpreting the term. I picture the MKR grille- you know: the stunner.

A "double wing" grille is on this car. However, it doesn't flow into the headlights, as in the MKR concept, and it's more Pontiac in execution than Lincoln. Not a bad thing, but it's not what I honestly want to see on a Lincoln.

So-so. Is that a leather-covered dashboard? That looks good.

Not that bad, but still lacks the flair or panache of a True american luxury flagship IMO. From the side it looks like an Aura mated with an Infiniti M and this was the offspring. I wanna see Lincoln succeed, not fail, but I am just a bit underwhelmed by this offering..... :unsure:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0