Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Autoholic217

Spied: 2008 Mazda 6 prototype

9 posts in this topic

"Spy photographers caught the redesigned Mazda 6 running on a secluded side street, within spitting distance of Ford's Detroit engineering operations. This is the most complete, most revealing Mazda6 prototype spotted to date.

This new 6 appears larger than the current model, confirming earlier sightings of cobbled-up test mules which hinted at added length and width for the second-generation model.

The styling of the new 6 is fuller, and more voluptuous than today's model, with a rounded greenhouse flowing into a sloping backlight and a rather short rear deck. The hood sweeps up from a still recognizable Mazda grille, and is flanked by prominent front fenders that mimic everything from Mazda's RX-8, to the MX-5, up to the CX-9. When the camouflage comes off, the new 6 should look right at home in the Mazda family.

The headlights and tail-lights are quite visible on this prototype, and look very promising, indeed. The current Mazda6 was a successful model on many levels, which may have saved both Mazda, and its parent Ford, which uses it's platform extensively in its revamped lineup. The new model pictured here looks poised to continue that momentum for some time to come."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Leftlane

Edited by Autoholic217

taillights look saturnish to me.

looks good though. and I'm guessing short rear deck means continued hatchback model, which is a feature I always liked and wish more cars did.

You can tell it's going to have a CX-7/9 influence. IMO, a good thing because they are two of the sexiest crossovers on the road. It also kind of reminds me of the new Benz B-pillar-less hardtop. I forget the ABC123 name.

any word on platform? I've heard CD# 2 and the European CD which underpins the S80 and Mondeo.

also, any truth to the rumour of a Yamaha V8?

It looks quite a bit larger than the current gen so I would say S80 platform.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0