Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Bob Lutz comments about Buick Park Avenue and his retirement

14 posts in this topic

Let Me Tell You a Few Things…

April 19, 2007

By Bob Lutz

GM Vice Chairman

First of all… let me lay one rumor running rampant through the blogosphere to rest: I have no plans to retire… not June 1, nor any other time soon. This was clearly an Internet prank gone hopelessly awry — and not a very clever one either.

Second, let me say one thing about all the posts some of you have left asking about the Park Avenue or one or more of the Chevy Triplets coming to America. You know better than to think we can respond to that, don’t you? We don’t like to use standard-issue corporate-speak here, but if we have to, here goes: We don’t discuss our future product plans.

There. Sorry I had to do that. But rest assured, we appreciate the enthusiasm and exuberance these vehicles inspired among so many of you, and if and when the time comes when we have an announcement to make about any of them, you’ll be among the first to know.

Source: http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives..._you.html#more

wow, what an excellent amount of posts going on over there. I find his comments to be good. Lutz is a strong leader. Now he just needs to but heads more with the people in charge, and make some strong decisions to secure the future of the company. The first thing that still needs to be worked out is the product. Then comes the government. They can deal with it all with the right priorities.

Now you're talkin', reg! :AH-HA_wink:

Kidding. I love my Uncle Bob. What a firecracker!

I just hope the next person to hold his job has the laser-clear vision of this 75 year old.

Now you're talkin', reg! :AH-HA_wink:

Kidding. I love my Uncle Bob. What a firecracker!

i just thought panther would like it... :)

I always hate to give my opinion, because "GM NEVER LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BUY THEIR CARS", but if this is the design language for Buick, it may have a nice future. This concept is good but it isn't great. First the name. I actually own a 95 Buick Riviera (it was infact my dream car in high school)and this isn't a Rivi. The concept is cool,but it isn't revolutionary or evolutionary to to any of the best Rivi's (63-65, 66-68, 92-99). Not saying that it has to,but I always thought of my Rivi as the poor,poor man CL class. They are both the same size(full size coupes) and are both sleek personal luxury coupes. This looks a little smallish. I say the front is cool but lower the grille alittle and give it more of a traditional tail end or tapered trunk. Drop a rwd V8 in it and crame it with just enough goodies so that it doesnt step on Cadillac's tail. Currectly I own my second 95 Rivi. I haven't bought another car because stylisticly there is no fullsize luxury coupe that the common man can afford. Maybe I'll wait till the CL's price come down, because for some reason Mercedes Benz is the only company making them. Until I'll be loving that 95 Rivi. By the way, I'm 28 and not in my 40's 50's or 60's, surprising huh? here's my rendition with a little more tail space...that what I think it needs

Peace.

post-4263-1177123624_thumb.jpg

post-4263-1177123632_thumb.jpg

I like your chop, donpella. I would have added more space to the fender between the door and wheel, but yours looks good.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0