Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

What happens when you cross a Pontiac with a Lexus ?

30 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

courtesy of winding road.com

Shanghai Auto Show: Huanghai Auto NCV - Two Copyright Violations For The Price Of One!

As we’ve said before, the concept of “intellectual property” here in modern Chinese culture remains something of a non-starter… and we’re not just referring to the pirated video games, DVDs, handbags, and wristwatches that can be bought from hundreds of street vendors. No, as evidenced by this SUV from Huanghai Auto, they’ve even moved the game on, fusing two “borrowed” designs into one—the Pontiac Torrent and Lexus RX350.

With precious little in the way of information available (press kits in any language are something of a rare commodity here in Shanghai), we’ve think we’ve figured out that this four-wheeled pastiche (which isn’t altogether unattractive, actually) is named the NCV. The placard next to the vehicle and its “license plates” were our only tip-offs, and even they aren’t altogether clear for those of us that aren’t fluent in Huanghai’s native tongue.

According to what we could suss out from the description, this vehicle is powered by an engine that generates 85 kW (103 horsepower), 170 Nm (125 pound-feet of torque), so we can’t help but wonder if it has a small diesel underneath its hood.

Can any of you readers shed additional light on this mystery vehicle?

Source and more photos:

http://news.windingroad.com/countriesmarke...e-price-of-one/

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I have one thing to say: Ass-nasty. Why someone doesn't sue China's minor players in the auto market there and shut them down is beyond mystery to me.

You know, to be totally honest, when I clicked on the link to the thread, I thought Lincoln had already unveiled the MKS and this was the thread for it.

I like the wheels actually. Now if only the Nox and Torrent's fill cap was on that side too. I wish I could see what the inside looks like.

If any one can find any other "GM" clones sold and built in China, please post the photos...

+ the modified logo of Mazda.

The chick is hot though.

Always a riot to see what the Chinese will come up with next. I wonder if the real Chinese designers(Riviera, Park Ave) get pissed off about things like this since it smears their reputation and credibility.

I am really pissed. I hope GM and Toyota unit and get lawyers all over this one. Stop that thing before it is produced. We should just start a knock-off section and post the Colorado copycat.

Always a riot to see what the Chinese will come up with next. I wonder if the real Chinese designers(Riviera, Park Ave) get pissed off about things like this since it smears their reputation and credibility.

There is no such thing as a real chinese car designer when it comes to production cars. They get help from someone else, or rebadge something.

In speaking of rebadges, the buick park ave is a rebadge of the 2007 holden Statesman.

Huh? All I see are a pair of white f--- me boots.

I was curious which drag queen she lifted those off of

So...a Torrent front end and an RX rear? they really need some better cohesiveness...

Pontius.

no...

... Lexiac.

... no...

... just no.

You gotta be f&*(ng kidding me. I am speechless. First the colorado, now this.

I will say that they did a nice job copying them and "seemlessly" making one car out of two lol

Oldsmoboi's avatar is making me laugh out loud. :lol:

The vehicle is too! Oh, and Mötley Crüe called. They want their boots back, kthx.

Edited by Captainbooyah

I just need to know if AWD will be made available for northern provinces.

gotta give them credit. america and europe spend 100 years toiling away on tehcnology and china just copies it and is going in like 5 years.

shame is the interior is nicer than the current equinox.

Edited by regfootball

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It's also the grounds for a really big lawsuit.

I knew the Chinese always did copy things from clothes, shoes, electronics and more. Korea is guilty of it too. I remember years ago they had this show about knockoffs being sold in America. The thing is.. I never thought it would reach to cars.

I see what they do. You want to do business here partner up with someone here and tell us your secrets. We do not not even have that type of protection here for our own industries. The thing that gets me is they do not sell Pontiac Torrent is China and they have an exact duplicate of the front end. So GM is put in a position where it gives way all its secrets and they Chinese can do whatever they want?

Dang...

How much control does GM have of the GM products in China. Who is to say that Shanghai could not bring those Buicks here and sell them here themselves. If they did, it would kill American Buick.

Who is to say if GM North America does not shape up, the Chinese won't come in and buy it.

They copied the Lexus interior. GM and other should be worried about the Koreans and Chinese. It is not the the Japanese so much any longer. I have this feeling the Chinese and Koreans are going to do Toyota and Honda what they did to the Americans..

Pay back is hell...

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I hope they get their asses sued by GM and Toyota. I hate the Chinese for this reason. That interior is clearly stolen from the Lexus but made with much cheaper parts and ugly ass plastic and plood.

Does anyone have any interior shots? This company also makes a Kia Sorento with a Hyundai Santa Fe front in grafted on really low.

Does anyone have any interior shots? This company also makes a Kia Sorento with a Hyundai Santa Fe front in grafted on really low.

Lexus rippoff with very cheap materials

Posted Image

Here's the real thing

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0