Spied: '08 Chevy HHR SS

So dumb... why would they put the SS badge on at all, if they were just going to cover it up? They wanted to be caught...

Better yet, why are they putting the SS badge on it at all? I thought Chevy was going to be more selective with using the SS name? To me, I don't see an HHR being a true SS.

260hp through a 6-speed stick or 5-speed auto and the same in the Cobalt SS? Yummy.

Imagine a lowered and solid black HHR Panel SS. Damn...

A 2-door 260hp HHR variant would be nice too :)

EDIT - the changes would probably be too expensive though

Edited by ZL-1

Your right there is a 2007 Buick GL8 Firstland 3.0L Minivan in the background... Hmmm maybe testing a new Lambada based minivan? If we get the GL8 and no Park Avenue (doubt it) I will scream. The GL8 is actually a sharp van no kidding. Better looking than the goat sh*t the General has out now. I was hoping to catch a Park Ave being tested in the US instead. You never know if people keep being verbal about wanting that car you never know what could happen. (Also I want to see the SLS stateside!) I would love to see 6spd. auto's in the HHR, Cobalt, G5 and Aveo/Pontiac G3/G4 whatever it's called.

Your right there is a 2007 Buick GL8 Firstland 3.0L Minivan in the background... Hmmm maybe testing a new Lambada based minivan?

Oh geez DON'T put that thought it people's heads. Foreign market stuff tests here all the time. It's nothing, I promise.

Edited by Chris_Doane

I was hoping for a more vertical grille.

The PT Cruiser & HHR have the same problem: their

noses have horizontal grilles, the PT especially would

benefit from a late '30s style grille with a more tall &

narrow grille. Think 1938 Buick or 1936 Chevrolet.

I sure wish they would make an AWD model, I'd buy it for my wife.

If they had any sense and wanted to really justify the "SS" badge, they would.

I'm not sure I like this... The nose just looks like a bolted on JC Witney abortion and the wheels are decent but not show stoppers.

Can't bitch any about the powertrain though :)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

• 2 weeks later...

If they offer an auto at all I would think it would be a 6-speed. The manual may be a 5-speed, depending on the suitability and availability of one of GME's 6-speeds, as used in the turbo Astras.

AFAIK GM only has 1 FWD 6-speed box to go around , the f40 used in Saabs and the G6 in the states .

• 1 month later...

But why does it have a trailer hitch on the back?

Lots of test cars have those. They have to do tow testing on the cars at some point even if they think no one will ever tow with that specific car.

Also, some new pics:

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/13222/...let-hhr-ss.html

Edited by Chris_Doane

Now LA I don't know about that.

Trust. Just aren't many women enthusiasts out there. The perceptions they focus on are quality, practicality and panache. Technology and power just don't rate. Look at all the base pony car owning chicks who don't care whether or not the car could actually get out of its own way.

If they wouldn't look at a base HHR (which already contains the base of what women are usually concerned with), AWD or a blow dryer ain't suddenly causing them to beat down the door.

a blow dryer ain't suddenly causing them to beat down the door.

would that be a convertible? hehe

this "new" article says an 09 HHR....sadly it's looking that way or at least a 2008.5 release.

we have any better idea when it would be announced?