Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

600-725 HP Shelby GT500

17 posts in this topic

he wasn't kidding when he said he wouldn't let the Camaro come anywhere close to the top of the line Stang

Whatever... maybe Yenko will make a 1000 horsepower streetable sYc. :P

And then the new Corvette SS/Blue Devil will arrive and no one will care about this car anymore.

Based on what? Plenty of Mustang and Ford fans will car..plus muscle car fans. Based on that logic no one would care about a Ferrari when the Blue Devil gets here...but I guarantee you they'll still buy them. Besides the Mustang competes with what will be the Camaro and the Challenger.

Anyway it sounds cool...but hopefully they put more effort into the suspension tuning than the normal GT-500...like what Roush did. Also it would have been nice for someone (anyone!) to swap out the live axle for an IRS.

I wonder how many of the Mustang fan boys can afford one.

I think they are getting into a ridiculous war with GM, without the opponent showing their full hand.

Anyone else get the feeling that the Mustang will have "topped-out" by the time Camaro arrives?

Based on what? Plenty of Mustang and Ford fans will car..plus muscle car fans. Based on that logic no one would care about a Ferrari when the Blue Devil gets here...but I guarantee you they'll still buy them. Besides the Mustang competes with what will be the Camaro and the Challenger.

Anyway it sounds cool...but hopefully they put more effort into the suspension tuning than the normal GT-500...like what Roush did. Also it would have been nice for someone (anyone!) to swap out the live axle for an IRS.

You just answered it for me. Who wants a car that needs 600hp to fly with the 4x0hp boys?

This is a limited number tuner car. It doesn't have to compete with anything. It's got ridiculous horsepower, because it can. Just say "cool" and move on if you don't like Ford.

You just answered it for me. Who wants a car that needs 600hp to fly with the 4x0hp boys?

You still miss the point. It doesn't compete with the Corvette or the Viper. It's a limited number car that will be snatched up by those who love Mustangs.

I don't understand why people compare the Corvette and Viper with the Mustang / Shelby variants...it's apples to oranges. I say more power to Ford if they want to put out these super-high hp Mustangs...at least some manufacturer is doing it.

It's a good move for keeping the interest in the Mustang alive, but I'd rather see the money go towards the Interceptor program and keeping the Fusion competitive.

It's a good move for keeping the interest in the Mustang alive, but I'd rather see the money go towards the Interceptor program and keeping the Fusion competitive.

These cars are wasting very little of Ford's resources. They are being transformed by Shelby Automobiles, Inc., from Ford built Ford Shelby GT500's..... with "input" from Ford Racing. This has very little affect on Ford's bottom line.

Seems pointless to me... 600hp but it will still be around 4000lbs and have a live rear axle...yawn.

I really don't mind the Mustang, and would be happy getting a used one... something I might have to do with all the pollution bullsh*t that's going on in my country and province.

Now, if I could do some gentle modifications to make it look as bad-ass as the Shelby above, then I'd be really happy. 8)

Edited by Captainbooyah

I don't understand why people compare the Corvette and Viper with the Mustang / Shelby variants...it's apples to oranges. I say more power to Ford if they want to put out these super-high hp Mustangs...at least some manufacturer is doing it.

Exactly. Now If I could only get Ford to bring back the 69 Mach 1 we would be all set...

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0