Some real world Caddy pics for you kids

The STS drives quite a bit differently than the CTS. It's more of a cruiser with a bit of sport than the sport sedan that the CTS is; it appeals more to the older clientele, though that's what the DTS is for, and probably why one of them is dying.

The CTS looks great, but it makes me realize how much a front license plate will ruin the look.

That's exactly what I was thinking...I hate how Maryland mandates them.

I like the STS as well.

The area between the head light and the fog light might be big enough to fit a plate, if it is that is were I will put it on my CTS-V.

A European number plate would fit well there, an NA one also probably. I'd like to see a return of the offset licence plates...that was a neat GM touch in the '70s.

No it's not, it starts production in July.

<_< I thought summer was when the 2008 CTS was supposed to be available at the dealerships? If they are only then starting production, that would mean late fall or early winter availability at the dealership so a 2008 truly coming out in 2008? Crazy, it should be in production now.

I love the menancing/aggressive look of the CTS. I think the grill vs headlights and the fenders with their 'ports' make a helluva a statement to me. As far as the STS, its not bad looking, but I don't see why it and the DTS exists. If GM is trying to reduce overlap, why not let kill the dang DTS already and then may the STS would get some sales. Besides, the smarter folks looking to buy a DTS probably find the $10k less Lucerne CXS a far better value.

May not be in production yet, but today I saw what by all indications was an '08 CTS today. Was stopped at a light in Federal Way, WA and it was parked in front of a Starbucks on my left. Spent several minutes looking it over from where I was. Every detail was as it appears in CD's pics, except the fender louvers which threw me. The louvers looked like Buick portholes, w/ 3 rectangular ports on each side. Was kind of a creamy off-white color (not the pearl color recently used on Caddies). I know it wasn't a current model because there was a current model CTS sitting 3 parking spaces over. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the time. Needless to say I went home and got it. Maybe I'll get lucky and run across it again.

May not be in production yet, but today I saw what by all indications was an '08 CTS today. Was stopped at a light in Federal Way, WA and it was parked in front of a Starbucks on my left. Spent several minutes looking it over from where I was. Every detail was as it appears in CD's pics, except the fender louvers which threw me. The louvers looked like Buick portholes, w/ 3 rectangular ports on each side. Was kind of a creamy off-white color (not the pearl color recently used on Caddies). I know it wasn't a current model because there was a current model CTS sitting 3 parking spaces over. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the time. Needless to say I went home and got it. Maybe I'll get lucky and run across it again.

Have you seen Sanjaya?

• 3 weeks later...

The CTS is gonna be one of those cars that just looks fast as it sits still on the showroom floor. We took our satellite course on this new one last week and the nav system ejects upwards out of the dash. The new interior is head & shoulders nicer than the last CTS. The one thing I found hard to explain was all of that "black stuff" around the CD slot.

No more 2.8L engine (where's my happy dance icon??!!). And 300+ hp in the 3.6direct-injection engine - hang on, let's go for a test drive before we commit to anything ;)

I love the menancing/aggressive look of the CTS. I think the grill vs headlights and the fenders with their 'ports' make a helluva a statement to me. As far as the STS, its not bad looking, but I don't see why it and the DTS exists. If GM is trying to reduce overlap, why not let kill the dang DTS already and then may the STS would get some sales. Besides, the smarter folks looking to buy a DTS probably find the $10k less Lucerne CXS a far better value.

Need to address this. (In Canada anyways) the DTS is a lot cheaper than an STS. The DTS is the distinctive "old fartish" design that many people consider the sort of flagship of Cadillacs. Lots of Lincoln drivers want these cars and they probably outsell the STS (at least at our dealership) by about 20:1. I have never sold an STS and have only seen 1 go out the door in my year and a half at the dealership. It's just not that much bigger than the CTS and, in my opinion, the only advantage to going up to the STS is the availability of AWD (which they're going to be offering now on the newly remodelled CTS!). I would cancel the STS in an instant and continue the DTS.

Yes, the Lucerne is a tremendous value but it's not a Caddie and doesn't come with all of the Cadillac owners' priviledges.

Enjoyed this thread!

Janette

The CTS is gonna be one of those cars that just looks fast as it sits still on the showroom floor. We took our satellite course on this new one last week and the nav system ejects upwards out of the dash.

Oh I can't WAIT for reviews comparing the new C-class to the CTS. The CTS pop-up nav immediately dates the C-class, with it's overly complicated moving nav screen.