2008 Cadillac CTS Ordering Guide

Flybrian

I figured this was significant enough to warrant its own thread...

HIGHLIGHTS

• LED tail lights with light pipes
  • Cut and sew instrument panel and door trim
  • (LLT) 3.6L VVT direct injection V6 engine for 1SB Equipment Group
  • Upgraded instrument panel cluster with multi line Driver Information Center (DIC)
  • Available (C3U) double-sized UltraView sunroof with power sunshade
  • Available (P62) 17" x 8" machined-faced aluminum wheels
  • Available (P63) 18" x 8" aluminum wheels with high-polished finish
  • Available (P75) 18" x 8" aluminum wheels with premium multi-coat painted finish
  • Available (UAV) navigation system with 8" pip-up screen. Includes Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround Sound with true iPod functionality (steering wheel controls and radio display), XM1 Real-Time Traffic and XM1 Real-Time Weather (requires [Y44] Seating Package)
  • New Key Fob design
  • New exterior colors (12U) Black Cherry and (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat. (89U) available at extra charge.
  • New interior colors 194 Ebony with Ebony interior accents; 394 Cashmere with Cocoa interior accents and 894 Light Titanium with Ebony accents
  • StabiliTrak is standard
  • Standard Tire Pressure Monitor
  • Standard 17" wheels
  • Standard (U2T) Bose 8-speaker audio system
  • (LY7) 3.6L VVT V6 SFI engine becomes standard engine for 1SA Equipment Group
  • Upgraded instrument panel, console, and door trim with integrated center stack
  • Manual telescopic steering column (with rake)
  • 6-speed automatic transmission (upgraded from 5-speed)
  • 2" wider track with improved rear chassis structure
  • Upgraded brakes
  • Available Collections: (PDP Luxury Collection; (PDQ) Premium Luxury Collection and (PDR) Performance Collection
  • Available Packages: (Y40) Luxury Level One Package; (Y41) Luxury Level Two Package; (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance package; (Y43) 18" Summer Tire Performance Package - 1SB only; (Y44) Seating Package
  • Available All-Wheel Drive with new active transfer case (improved power and handling, quieter)
  • Available (TT6) HID headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting and LED light pipe accents (included and only available with (Y42) and (Y43)
  • Available (U2R) audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3 playback and 8 speakers
  • Available (U2S) audio system with DVD player, MP3 playback, Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround 10-speaker system, 40GB hard Drive Device (HDD), with true iPod functionality (steering wheel controls and radio display)
  • Available (UHA) EZ Key passive entry system
  • Available (TSQ) accent lighting, LED spotlights with lighting pipes
  • Available (KB6) heated/ventilated driver and front passenger seats
  • Available (N38) power telescopic steering column with rake and memory
  • Available (B19) Wood Trim Package with real Sapele Pommele wood on instrument panel, center console and door trim
  • Available (B20) Wood Trim Package with real Sapele Pommele wood on steering wheel and shift knob
  • Available (CE1) Rainsense wipers
Click here for full details

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

orange was among the first press shots shown, don't know why that isn't here. the red that was shown in the original press shots is boring, I guess this must be the same one.

Is this the entire list of colors? If it is, I guess I must commend GM, for from what can be seen here, there is not one geriatric color [except that gold mist might turn out to be pretty dull, but I give them one free pass]. From having disgusting unappealing asssssss greens that are so infuriating to see on a modern sports sedan Caddy.........to what we see here, well it's a welcome relief.

It was reported that "Mulberry" leather would be optional, in the Tuscany grade leather? Maybe it will be a late model year offering? The report said it was a Red color, similar to the 2007 STS "V-Series" Red Interior? It would be great to have White Diamond with the Mulberry Leather, but I guess that is not possible. :(

With all the interesting two-tone combination interiors coming on the '08 Malibu, it'd be a shame for Cadillac to have a narrow interior color palette. A black dash with very dark red carpet, seats, and door trim inserts in black door trims would look great with wood or alumimum trim. I also like the Ebony and Linen color combo in the '08 Corvette. That would look good in the CTS as well.

If I decide on this over my 5 Series in 09 or 10. I will get Black Cherry with Ebony Interior and 18" chromes, if it's still available.

I love the Black Cherry! :thumbsup:

But I'm fond of the Cashmere w/Cocoa accents interior with the Black Cherry (Titanium might be nice too).

2nd color pic would be Sunset Blue and then Thunder Gray Chromaflair (if it has a blue tint)

Both with Cashmere....

If they cancel Buick's Zeta sedan in the US... this may end up being my next car...

About the Sunburst Orange, GM has paints in shifts certain, paints are offered to certain plants pertaining the vehicles they build, which is why cars that share platforms usually offer the same exact colors a la Deltas, W-bodies, GMT-900s and so forth, now being GM canceled Sunburst Orange on a whole it seems, they probably are not ready to bring the new Inferno Orange color to the plant that assembles the CTS. Also about these colors that travel from plant to plant each color hue is replaced, for instance, Laser Blue replaced Arrival Blue, however Laser Blue has run its course and has now been replaced by Imperial Blue, this Crystal Red has apparently replaced Sport Red.

Edited by 2chevs

No, Crystal Red replaced Red Jewel/Infrared and the fabulous Crimson Pearl Tintcoats, though some mainstream cars and trucks (Aura, Impala, Escalade to name a few) offer the Red Jewel/Infrared for 2008. How about more Red and Blue interiors?

BTW, that "Orange" CTS you saw on the Autoweek photos was the Crystal Red Tintcoat-looks like a Carmine Red type color-kind like 79U Ruby/Cardinal Red Metallic on the Saturn VUE/Chevy HHR, but a tintcoat color.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the upcoming 2008 Cadillac CTS, just wanted to add a few comments:

1. I was happy to have learned (at the Cadillac/GM Blog site) of Bluetooth 'capability' on the 08 CTS models. Apparently, the 2008 model year CTS cars will not come from the factory with Bluetooth installed/activated, however the feature can evidently be added by way of a dealer-installed Bluetooth 'pack'.

As a side comment, GM should make Bluetooth standard in all of its new vehicles... certainly right away in all of its luxury branded cars.

2. The interior photos of the 08 CTS at the cadillac.com site appear to show a conventional key inserted into the ignition on the right side of the steering column. Is this how the 08 CTS will be configured when production begins? If that represents the production configuration, it seems rather archaic, given what most of GM's competition is doing. There should be a dash mounted keyless push-button ignition system.

3. As an FYI for all... the 2008 on-line ordering guide for all GM cars (including the new CTS) can be found at the following URL:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...ar=2008®ionID=1

Click on the Cadillac wreath (this takes you to the Cadillac ordering guide home page), then choose 'CTS' in the drop-down box.

4. I'm interested in seeing some interior photos of the 08 CTS fitted with 'Ebony' color seats & trim, together with the available 'B19' & 'B20' wood trim packages. Should a fellow Cheers & Gear forum visitor locate such photos online going forward, I ask that he/she post the URL info into this site. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious, what on earth do they mean when they say "ebony interior accents"?!? Does this mean that they have replaced the faux carbon fiber base trim with some type of piano black plastic trim?

Edited by MrRogers

I'm just curious, what on earth do they mean when they say "ebony interior accents"?!? Does this mean that they have replaced the faux carbon fiber base trim with some type of piano black plastic trim?

In my opinion, Ebony only applies to the interior color (similar to black leather). The highly photographed prototypes doing the Auto Show Circuit are Red with Cashmere Leather Interior, and Silver with Light Gray Leather Interior, and I have not seen any photos of the Ebony (Black) Leather Interior, as indicated is the third interior color offered on the GM Ordering Site. There are both "wood" and "non-wood" interiors, just as in the current generation CTS.

Also, someone questioned the ignition key slot in certain photos. It is my understanding that depending upon the option/option packages selected, certain next-generation CTS's will have Keyless/Pushbutton Ignition/Start.

In my opinion, it is disappointing that a rear bumper view video camera is not included with the Navigation package. The new Acura RL and Lexus models feature availability of this. Right now, I'm forgetting which manufacturer I saw featuring its monitor located near the windshield rearview mirror, but that was really great! Then, the pop-up Navigation screen would not have to "pop-up" every time the driver only wanted to monitor the Reverse pathway situation. I hope they introduce those cameras on the Cadillac models soon! It was very slick in the Lexus and Acura demonstrations.