Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2008 Dodge Challenger photos on production line

43 posts in this topic

Alrighty then. The pics look cool though. Dodge bringing the concept as is.

Kinda disappointed at the fact this thing has a B-Pillar and the rear-windows don't roll down, but very happy to see Chrysler is giving us this one in spite of recent troubles. Thank you, DCX. Just don't skimp out on the interior with this one.

Too bad I'm still waiting to see if I can afford a Camaro somehow when it debuts.

Kinda disappointed at the fact this thing has a B-Pillar and the rear-windows don't roll down, but very happy to see Chrysler is giving us this one in spite of recent troubles. Thank you, DCX. Just don't skimp out on the interior with this one.

Too bad I'm still waiting to see if I can afford a Camaro somehow when it debuts.

Yeah, it was probably a cost issue w/ the B-pillar. It's going to be nice to see a RWD 2dr from Dodge...first one since the Mirada in the early '80s! I hope they offer the Hemi with a manual transmission in this one.

I feel... sick to my stomach. :puke:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Challanger but at least I was ecstatic

about it being a hardtop, since both the Camaro & Challenger

concepts were pillarless hardtops I was sure they'd both make it to

production with no B-pillar. Dodge more so than GM has NO excuse

since Mercedes has been making hardtops all throughout the time

that Americans got lazy and did away with them.

This is honestly the very MOST dissapointing thing that could have

happened to this car from cocept to production. :(

Yes, but those Merc hardtops cost a lot more than a Dodge...I'm assuming it is a cost issue as to why they are leaving in the B-pillar (not to mention the car is more solid with the pillar).

It's not a big deal to me, after all, with air conditioning, I rarely drive with the windows down..

Anyway, I like the retro 1970 styling..since I was born in '70 and was a child of the '70s, I definitely like some '70s styling themes...

Now, Sixty-8, let's you and me make lemonade out of the lemons here. At least they did hide the B-pillar. :breakdance:

Edited by YellowJacket894

I really dont think the b-pillar is going to cost many sales. It helps with side impact safety, which is more important to 97% of the population than being able to put down all of the windows. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Camaro had one for production too.

I really dont think the b-pillar is going to cost many sales. It helps with side impact safety, which is more important to 97% of the population than being able to put down all of the windows. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Camaro had one for production too.

And Satty brings home the truth of reality.

In all honesty, if the Camaro does have a B-Pillar, I'll be just a little disappointed as I've always just seemed to get a kick out of rolling down the rear windows in every classic coupe I've been in, but I won't lose sleep at night. In all honesty, I'll be glad to see a car at GM that's rear-drive and can seat more than two people. :P

Sunday, April 29, 2007 press release:

Auburn Hills, MI - Chrysler announced today that it will now cut 13,001 jobs as part of their restructuring plan.

Edited by Chris_Doane

Sunday, April 29, 2007 press release:

Auburn Hills, MI - Chrysler announced today that it will now cut 13,001 jobs as part of their restructuring plan.

13002, the security guard that let the camera in too! :lol:

13002, the security guard that let the camera in too! :lol:

I bet it WAS the guard as the line looks to be totally shut down when the pics were taken.

I bet it WAS the guard as the line looks to be totally shut down when the pics were taken.

:yes:

NOt cool but at the same time very cool. I knew Sixty8 would bitch as soon as I saw the B-pillar :P But I don't care...they're giving us a sexy RWD coupe...and if it's got a manual so much the better!

Do you really think the guard who took those would get canned? We all knew what it was going to roughly look like before anyways. I can recall when summer of '05 when I saw the GMT-900 photos and an employee took 'em and got canned.

Do you really think the guard who took those would get canned?

If they only get fired, they should consider themselves lucky.

Seroiusly, why I mean we all know what it looks like... Honestly how come it is that big of deal it already has been shown. Thats why I wonder I could understand if no-one had ever seen it offically. Like showing the new Impala right now.

Seroiusly, why I mean we all know what it looks like... Honestly how come it is that big of deal it already has been shown. Thats why I wonder I could understand if no-one had ever seen it offically. Like showing the new Impala right now.

Are you kidding me? It was taken INSIDE a factory. There are rules you agree to and follow if you work in places like that.

Edited by Chris_Doane

It'd be cool if they put the 4.0L V6 in it with 6 speed manual as standard, intead of V8-only. As it is, they're sort of "making sure" it will be a niche car, with a high price and Hemi engines to start with. Happy they're keeping it true-to-concept, sad about the B-pillar and lack of roll-down quarter windows.

It'd be cool if they put the 4.0L V6 in it with 6 speed manual as standard, intead of V8-only. As it is, they're sort of "making sure" it will be a niche car, with a high price and Hemi engines to start with. Happy they're keeping it true-to-concept, sad about the B-pillar and lack of roll-down quarter windows.

The Challenger is really heavy.. I doubt it would really move with a V6.

The Challenger is really heavy.. I doubt it would really move with a V6.

How about the 4.7 from the Dakota as the base engine instead of having nothing but Hemis for the engine options, which most people won't be able to buy.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Yeah, the new H.O. 4.7 might work, but it would have to be priced lower than a Mustang GT with its standard 300+ hp.