Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM overhauls design team lineup

6 posts in this topic

GM overhauls design team lineup

Jamie LaReau | Automotive News / May 1, 2007 - 10:57 am /

General Motors is making several personnel changes to its design team, starting in June, to speed up global product development.

GM is naming Bryan Nesbitt, shown, to a new position in North America. Nesbitt now is executive director of design for GM Europe. As of June 1, he'll become vice president of design for North America, working at the GM Tech Center in Warren, Mich., and reporting to Ed Welburn, GM's vice president of global design.

Mark Adams will take over as GM Europe vice president of design. He now is director of exterior design in Europe. He will work in Ruesselsheim, Germany, but report to Welburn.

"These changes to our design organization will allow us to better support GM's global business strategies," Welburn said in a statement. "The result is a more streamlined organization that fully leverages the broad and deep resources throughout our 11 global design studios."

Other changes include:

* Kenneth Parkinson, executive director of body-on-frame architectures, will replace David Lyon as Asia Pacific vice president of design, working in Shanghai. Parkinson's position is effective June 1.

* Lyon becomes executive director of interior design for North America, replacing David Rand. Lyon's position is effective July 1. He reports to Nesbitt.

* Rand will become executive director of global advanced design, reporting to Welburn, as of Aug. 1.

* Also as of June 1, Michael Simcoe will become responsible for all exterior design in North America as executive director of exterior design, reporting to Nesbitt. Simcoe now is executive director of body-on-frame integral.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Hmm, I like the change of Lyon to interior design in North America if the Chinese Buick's interior are any indication of his work.

So Michael Simcoe, now reports to Bryan Nesbitt who is from GM Europe. Interesting, I wonder what else or should I say who else will be coming from Europe! Opel über allies! :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

So Michael Simcoe, now reports to Bryan Nesbitt who is from GM Europe. Interesting, I wonder what else or should I say who else will be coming from Europe! Opel über allies! :smilewide:

IIRC, you guys got Bryan from Chevrolet Design in NA (he designed the HHR)... he's just coming back home. :smilewide:

Oh I know where he's from (HHR), it's just part of a larger plan. After all GM stole him from Chrysler. :spin:

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Its good to have Nesbitt comming back to this side o' the pond.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0