JT64

Ford Mondeo = 3-series.

32 posts in this topic

At current exchange rates, what would a great Ford like this sell for here in The States? If competitively priced, and if the car conforms to our safety standards, by all means, bring it on. Edited by ocnblu

At current exchange rates, what would a great Ford like this sell for here in The States? If competively priced, and if the car conforms to our safety standards, by all means, bring it on.

The old Taurus plant in Atlanta just shut down. Build it there.

I don't like the styling of this car very much, but it sure is better than anything Ford sells over here.

At current exchange rates, it would cost you about $40,000 to buy one in the UK.

A front-wheel drive Ford sedan will NEVER be as much car as a BMW 3-series.... EVER.

This thing is f***ing ugly and I think it's more along the lines of a Peugeot, not Bimmer.

The interior is not bad. But the Gray colored one with that angle shot looks ugly.

Those rims are heidious. Wonder how good are the dynamics for a more powerful engine.

What's so ugly about this car? It's probably one of Ford's best designs for a sedan I've seen in ages. Interior is decent, although lighter colors would probably make it look better. At least this looks modern compared to the Taurus and I think it is much sharper looking than the Fusion, no 3 bar chrome grille here!

Fusions are selling like hot cakes right now with the cheap leases (a novelty for Ford) and the Ford Challenge.

Remember the Contour? great car. It never set the market on fire.....even though I'd take an SVT cntr in a heartbeat (sorry chevy).

Unless they can sell this about the same price as the Fusion, and unless it arrives with a v6, then they should not bring it here. Maybe as a Mercury or something would be ok. I would not replace the Fusion with this.

Ford, please, if you manage to get up off of your lazy fat asses and pull the tree trunk firmly lodged in your ass out, bring this car here.

I would like to see what the next Mazda6 turns out like before I'd determine if this needs to be here. That may be a more US friendly package and promises the same level of refinement and handling and may turn out more attractive.

Maybe this would be a good baby Lincoln?

The Lincoln MKY? MMmmmmKay?

Edited by regfootball

Its awesome, I would never compare it to a 3 series but its got that nice European styling. I've been wishing GM would bring some opels over for a long time though.

What's the big deal with this car? I won't deny the exterior is nice, but the interior looks like run-of-the-mill Ford garbage.

To me it looks like a Korean ripp-off of Audi.

What's so ugly about this car? It's probably one of Ford's best designs for a sedan I've seen in ages.

You know, 'Ford's best design for a sedan in ages' and 'ugly car' aren't mutually exclusive...

-RBB

To the guys saying this is ugly, go to Europe and see the new Fords over there next to cars by other manufacturers. There is something much more substantial about the styling compared to say Peugeot or Citroen in the mainstream category...even the bottom feeders like the Fusion and Fiesta look 10x better than their competitors. I saw quite a few Mondeos in Rome (not the new one tho...the last gen) and for as many times as I saw them on the internet and thought they looked bland and yawn-inducing, they looked great in person...there was definitely a road presence. Ford and Opel easily have the best looking mainstream cars over there (Alfas are good too, but they're a little bit higher level).

If this car came over as a Mercury, it would do wonders for Ford. I used to question the idea of bringing over European Fords and calling them Mercurys, but not anymore after having seen them up close and personal.

The Fusion is a good seller, so Ford should hang onto that, however if they had any shred of a intelligence they would bring this car over as a Mercury. Mercury is more "premium" than Ford, so the price could be justified. It also fit's Mercury's style better than Ford NA's...and I don't think the 3-bar grill would look good on this car.

It's an extremely handsome car, and the interior looks great. The photo doesn't do it justice. The Mondeo is also a very, very good handling car..s.o I can see the comparisons to BMW...except that this has a nicer looking interior than any BMW in recent years.

Oh, and Sixty8...no offense dude but you need your eyes check...show me one Korean or Peugeot that looks anything like this (and anywhere near as good).

It does need better wheels though.

To me it looks like a Korean ripp-off of Audi.

Wrong car, Sixty8. This is the Korean rip-off of Audi: :P

Posted Image

Anyways, I like the Mondeo. It's much better than any US sedan Ford sells.

I don't like it as much as the 2005 iosis concept car it supposedly got its styling cues from, but I definitely think that the current Mercury Milan should be discontinued and that the Mondeo should be sent over here as the revised Milan.

I don't like it as much as the 2005 iosis concept car it supposedly got its styling cues from, but I definitely think that the current Mercury Milan should be discontinued and that the Mondeo should be sent over here as the revised Milan.

Good plan, I hope someone at Ford is paying attention.

It looks like a sedan Mazda CX-9. Meh...

The interior is good but not spectacular. It's certainly better than any NA Ford though.

I was a big Sierra Cosworth fan, and that's what those wheels remind me of, so I like them personally.

We're already well-catered to by the Fusion here, which but for better packaging, isn't half bad. So Ford lining up the whole world will have to wait another three to four years.

I'd like to see Ford finally line up the Falcons and Taurus as one world car (worthy of killing the Panther car forever)

interior gallery high res pics

http://www.km77.com/00/ford/mondeo/g02.asp

Posted Image

Posted Image

exterior shots

http://www.km77.com/00/ford/mondeo/g01.asp

as tactile as the interior looks, I just don't know if I like so many fluid toyota like shapes.

I'm sure its a sweet cabin, just too soft looking for me. Some of the Holden VE series cars interiors I have liked a lot more.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor