Jeep Compass Rallye

Posted ImagePosted Image

PRESS RELEASE:

New Rallye Package from Mopar® Is Available for 2007 Jeep® Compass

* Rallye Package outfits Jeep® Compass from head to toe with cool exterior accents

* Mopar® Body kit adds Rallye car toughness to athletic Jeep Compass styling

* Rallye Package available on Jeep Compass models sold in United States and international markets

Auburn Hills, Mich., May 3, 2007 -

The Jeep® brand continues its expansion into new territory and into the world of rallye car toughness with a new body kit from Mopar®. For a limited time, a new Rallye Package featuring Authentic Jeep Accessories from Mopar will be available for both 4x2 and 4x4 2007 Jeep Compass and Jeep Compass Limited models. Mopar is the Chrysler Group's original equipment parts manufacturer.

Arriving in U.S. and international markets in late 2006, the Jeep Compass is an all-new compact sport-utility vehicle that combines classic Jeep cues with contemporary lines. The Mopar Rallye Package takes this sleek style another step, wrapping Jeep Compass' modern design in an aggressive toughness.

"The Rallye Package from Mopar enhances the sleek, sophisticated and expressive styling and appearance of the Jeep Compass," said John Plecha, Director – Jeep Marketing and Global Communications. "It embellishes its modern Jeep appeal and gives the Compass a character all its own."

The Jeep Compass Rallye Package – available in Black, Silver, Inferno Red, Jeep Green and Steel Blue – includes:

* Unique 18-inch x 7-inch black-painted aluminum wheels with machined edges and chrome center caps

* Roof-mounted rear spoiler that adds performance-oriented styling

* Auxiliary driving lights with covers that feature the Jeep logo

* Bright exhaust tips that reinforce the Compass' forceful personality

* Chrome Rallye badge

* Mopar body kit featuring front and rear fascia overlay appliqués, lower honeycomb front fascia grille and side sill lower panels and door appliqués

The U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the Jeep Compass Rallye Package is $1,985 (Sport) and $1,850 (Limited). Limited production began in April for the United States and international markets. Pre-orders are being taken now.

The Jeep Compass Rallye edition debuted as a concept vehicle at the 2006 Frankfurt Motor Show.

Jeep Compass competes in the compact sport-utility segment, which is expected to grow considerably in the next decade, giving the Jeep brand the opportunity to grow with it. Annual compact SUV volume in the United States for the 2006 calendar year was 520,045 units, up 34 percent from 387,828 units in 2005. The compact SUV segment is expected to continue to grow to 814,000 units by 2016. This is a great opportunity for the Jeep brand to attract new buyers who want a stylish, fuel-efficient, affordable, safe and capable SUV.

Authentic Jeep Accessories from Mopar are available for purchase and installation at Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships across the United States. Mopar accessories are covered under DaimlerChrysler's 3-year/36,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Mopar's 12-month/12,000-mile Limited Warranty, whichever is more favorable to the customer. These warranties are serviced by Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships. More information is available at www.mopar.com.

More pics and additional article here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/03/jeep-in...age-from-mopar/

------------------------------------

Couldn't they have waited till the SRT-4 Caliber came out, and then put the SRT-4 powerplant in it??? Jackasses. :banghead:

I like it, and would even think of getting one in green or black if it had the SRT-4's powerplant.....or even a mild version of the SRT-4 with like 220-250 HP. AWD would be a bonus too, but I know the SRT-4 will only be FWD.

Compasses do look fairly normal when you see them out on the road....well, at least as normal as all the weird Asian CUV's.

The compass is a taller, uglier Caliber. Wasted effort. Going into road-only frontie SUVs was not a good idea for Jeep.

Liberty, the new Wrangler, even Commander and Patriot, all winners.

The compass is a taller, uglier Caliber. Wasted effort. Going into road-only frontie SUVs was not a good idea for Jeep.

Liberty, the new Wrangler, even Commander and Patriot, all winners.

Road only?? I'll bet 90% of Jeep owners won't even do this much off-roading with their Jeep:

Jeeps and I go way back. I learned to drive in a '48 CJ2A. We've had various Jeeps in the family over the decades as well. That being said, I actually like the Compass. Now that (Daimler)Chrysler has richarded up the next-generation minivans, we are seriously considering a Compass (or Patriot) as a replacement vehicle for our '06 Caravan when the lease expires.

I like the Compass's size, relatively decent fuel economy and even the styling. The 2.4L w/CVT is certainly adequate for a daily driver.

Yeah, I don't get why the Patriot wasn't good enough for Jeep in this market, that vehicle is a better mix of Jeep heritage and on-road efficiency. I know the Compass was supposed to bring female buyers to the brand, but there are other ways.

It's scary how Chrysler talks about the Compass too. How it has done well in sales and is conquesting. Yeah, no crap because nobody that would buy a real Jeep would want a Compass.

Jeep, pay attention. You can get away with this once. This is your free pass. Do it again and you're going to start seeing a lot of former-Jeep owners driving Hummers. Got it? Good.

Completely disgusting. Chrysler ought to kill this thing already. They ought to eliminate the Patriot too since it's not a real Jeep either, but at least it looks good being a poseur. This thing is like a mid-90's Korean knock-off.

Ever wonder what may happen if people like us ran the automakers (with respect to budgets of course)??????

Completely disgusting. Chrysler ought to kill this thing already. They ought to eliminate the Patriot too since it's not a real Jeep either, but at least it looks good being a poseur. This thing is like a mid-90's Korean knock-off.

Ever wonder what may happen if people like us ran the automakers (with respect to budgets of course)??????

I don't mind the Patriot...it looks like a Jeep and has real offroad capability. But what's the need for both the Compass and the Patriot? They're basically the same except the Compass is uglier and can't offroad as well. Just ditch it can keep the Patriot.

An aunt of mine has a Wrangler... and my cousin wanted one like her's. Women even want real Jeeps... :P

Yup, my mom drive a Grand Cherokee and loves it. She likes how it handles in the snow, likes the storage capacity, likes the visibility, likes that she doesn't have to keep it in pristine shape, etc., etc. Which is exactly why I think the Compass is crap. There are other ways to bring females into the showroom. Just advertise to them a bit and outfit a couple of your models with them in mind.