NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

SAAB 9-3 up close

43 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

coutresy of :

forum.saabturboclub.com

http://www.trollhattansaab.net/

Here's a first look at the MY08 design as applied to the sedan.

The pictures were taken by "an observer" and posted to the Saab Turbo Club Sweden forum. I've reproduced one photo here, but there's a few more there at STCS.

The sources:

http://forum.saabturboclub.com/viewtopic.p...1&start=105

http://www.trollhattansaab.net/

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ok, so does the hood wrap over the fron 1/4s like the 9-5 or not? I see lines where both could be but it looks like the overlap lines are bigger.

Ok, so does the hood wrap over the fron 1/4s like the 9-5 or not? I see lines where both could be but it looks like the overlap lines are bigger.

yes, just like the 9-5

looks like it'd be a good mazda 6 competitor, but i doubt it's in the same price range

Like the nose job a lot!

And no it doesn't look like the craptastic Sunfire.

Edited by Dodgefan

The new grille looks cheap.

The new grille looks cheap.

It reminds of a Chrysler grill (can't think of the model).....cheap, flat-black, plastic, non-functioning grill. I hope that is not the final grill.

Doesn't it have black tape over it?

Looks like it, I think the final will have chrome...which is probably what the tape is covering.

I'm starting to like the way Saabs look, but Opel is my 1st love in the GM European family. :wub:

Completely uninspiring. I hope the interior is stepped up quite a bit, otherwise this thing will strike out. It's a handsome car, but step back and look at the competition. Saab seems to be in no-mans-land.

If this is an MCE, it looks like an ok effort at best. If this is a complete redesign, it's an opportunity squandered.

I am liking the looks of the new Saab's. Seriously if it is chrome then I will like it all the more! :AH-HA_wink:

Completely uninspiring. I hope the interior is stepped up quite a bit, otherwise this thing will strike out. It's a handsome car, but step back and look at the competition. Saab seems to be in no-mans-land.

If this is an MCE, it looks like an ok effort at best. If this is a complete redesign, it's an opportunity squandered.

It's a MCE. Redesign is not scheduled till 2010 on the new EPII I think.

Fair enough. Seems kind of pointless if the redesign is only 12 months following this release. *shrug* in any event, my hopes are that they bring out a nice offering in '10 with a viggen M3 fighter. I'd love nothing more than to see saab succeed.

It's okay. But it doesn't like a fire under me like I was hoping it would. I still have high hopes for the next gen though.

'the other site' reports the 08 9-3 gets a HALDEX AWD (xWD) option and a 300+ hp 'black turbo' option.

with AWD, Saab is now in the game.

Edited by regfootball

'the other site' reports the 08 9-3 gets a HALDEX AWD (xWD) option and a 300+ hp 'black turbo' option.

with AWD, Saab is now in the game.

EPI doesn't support AWD. EPII does and I doubt this is EPII.

EPI doesn't support AWD. EPII does and I doubt this is EPII.

Actually this EPI is supposed to have the new Haldex all wheel drive system, which has been trademarked as XWD. A few CGI's from GM of the new sedan...

Posted Image

Courtesy of Trollhatten SAAB

Wow, it's very aggressive and dynamic. It has just enough subtle details for visual interest.

Huge improvement and not alot was done. The Saab face evolution is making me glad GM is working on Saabs. Not to get rid of there Saabness, but to bring them into more mainstream sports sedan market.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor