Possible Cat Issue?

I got a revelation this morning as I was waking up. I decided what to do about the whole engine issue. It became clear as day as I was walking this morning.

I realized I need to get a new engine. The person who had the Toronado before me did not take care of the engine. They have a poor record with vehicles. They knew they messed that engine up. That is why they got rid of the Toronado. The body and everything else is fine. I realized if I fixed that engine I will never get ahead. You have no idea what is wrong with that engine. I will keep fixing and repairing that engine over and over. There are so many things wrong with it. For what I would pay in repairs, I should get another engine and start fresh. I will come out cheaper. That car should have failed the emissions and state inspection.

I will get ahead with a new engine. I take good care of cars. Instead of paying for this, and paying for that, That car deserves a fresh start. Think of it as getting a transplant. I have a car. I am going to simplify what I need to do. I will have to ask my mechanic can I have the engine shipped to his shop.

I will get a new 3800 V6 engine

I will get a new set of Michelin tires

I will get a new exhaust system from front to back

I will paint the car the color of my choice.

There is a lesson in this I want to share with others. The lesson is in our minds we think that there is one way to do something. There is more than one way to do something. It is better you do this now and not later. A open mind and heart leads to understanding.

Good choice, 98.

It will save you a lot of headaches...It's a pricer option-but it will save you money (and piece of mind) in the long run....

And if it is a GM engine, you will also have a warranty.

I am having trouble finding the place to to get it from GM. I have looked all over.

I found this other company that has a solid reputation for re manufactured engines.

http://www.hiperformer.com/distributions.html

It will save you a lot of headaches...It's a pricer option-but it will save you money (and piece of mind) in the long run....

It actually is cheaper to get a new engine..

Thank guys... It is appreciated..

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ok-Cat is on- I like the improvement.... :thumbsup:

For the first time in a few years, the really rough idle is gone (still runs a little rought)

Power is coming back-no longer struggles to stay at speed.

It's now much better than it was. Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

We'll see how much it improves gas milage-if I'm lucky-quite a bit.

Downside-the o2 sensor might be shot.....

Now I need to replace the fuel fliter and Pcv valve...

Ok-Cat is on- I like the improvement.... thumbsup.gif

For the first time in a few years, the really rough idle is gone (still runs a little rought)

Power is coming back-no longer struggles to stay at speed.

It's now much better than it was. Thanks everyone. thumbsup.gif

We'll see how much it improves gas milage-if I'm lucky-quite a bit.

Downside-the o2 sensor might be shot.....

Now I need to replace the fuel fliter and Pcv valve...

Congrats to you. You will need to change the pcv valve and o2 sensor because the one that is on there is not good anymore because of the bad cat. A tune up might be in order too. You check your spark plugs? I am happy for you. You faired better than me. I will hopefully have an update some months from now.

Congrats to you. You will need to change the pcv valve and o2 sensor because the one that is on there is not good anymore because of the bad cat. A tune up might be in order too. You check your spark plugs? I am happy for you. You faired better than me. I will hopefully have an update some months from now.

Thanks.

I was really hoping it would help, because I really didn't want to get a replacement for the Cav....now I should be ab;e to drive it for quite a while. (or until there is way too much rust)

All my cars are close to being paid off..which will help in this really, really rough economy in Michigan. I was thinking abour replacing hers and possibily mine, but I think I will just start funds for our cars for now. :thumbsup:

I've noticed the check engine on a bit yesterday (though it was 89 and humid), but it didn't seem to have any effect on the car..though a sign that I have a little more to do...

Next on the list is a new O2 and Pcv Valve..that should both help with the milage and the check engine light..

It's been a few years, but I was thinking about a tune up too. Good idea. :thumbsup:

A few extra bucks should get this car runnng pretty good.....

My hope for you is that you get a good deal on that engine, 98. :thumbsup: