What Kind Of Cologne Do You Wear?

Guest Josh

I just picked up a nice bottle of "Desire Blue" that smells real good. $50 for it it better smell good. I've had "Spark" and one other kind that I can't remember over the past few months. What do you guys/gals prefer? Or what do you prefer on your guy/gal?

I don't like wearing stinky stuff. For years there I used to get Stetson every year from my stepmom for Christmas. I wonder if she could see the fake smile when I opened it as she made a comment about how the girls love it. One year I just had to say "I don't wear cologne" in the most polite way I could. I never got another bottle of Stetson. Edited by ocnblu

LOL @ ocn... i hardly ever wore any until my best friend went nuts over Fierce. she singlehandedly got me wearing it, and i love the smell too...its one of those colognes that you cant seem to put too much on cuz girls just LOVE it.

I hate BO (and fear having it) so I have a few different types of cologne. On girls, I personally like "Light Blue" by Dolce & Gabbana and "Curious" by Britney Spears. I hate perfumes that smell like soap or flowers. Here are the cologne brands I have, ranked in order of what I like the best. 1) "Fierce" by A&F 2) "Touch" by Burberry 3) "Curve" by Liz Claiborne 4) "Crave" by CK 5) "Pour Homme" by Givenchy 6) "Aqua di Gio" by Armani 7) "London" by Burberry 8) "Baby Blue Jeans" by Versace 9) "Happy" by Clinique 10) "Perry Ellis" by Perry Ellis

my scent has a powerstripe, hah right guard xtreme powerstirpe that is i smell good, not cuz of my deoderant or my cologne but because of my shampoo, ive used head and shoulders classic clean for a while now and everytime i hug someone i get the same response you smell good . . . . then i punch my friend todd in the face for trying to make out with me . . . :P but really ladies dont need colon as long as ya shower and use a good soap, i use lever 2000 with aloe, green bars smells good, and shampoo regualarly, your straight

I'm married, I don't wear cologne anymore.  :P

[post="22602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

For that reason my bottles of 'obsession' and 'eternity' and 'polo' have lasted since like 92.

I've got some other crap that I can't remember the name of it, actually its pretty decent stuff, i just can't remember the name, dammit. shit.

JOOP! that's it! wierd smelling, but nice in a cigar lounge sort of way.

do any of those 'pheromones' additives work, like that 99x shit by "Dr. Winnifred Cutler"? Those ads are in the back of all the car mags. I doubt that shit works, but man I am curious. If that stuff did work, it'd sell for 1000 bucks a bottle, not 100.

I love all your guys' suggestions. More, please. I need some new scents to improve my stock around the chicks at work. If enough of the women like the way I smell, they'll want to work with me, tell their supervisors, and then it will get to MY boss, then I'll get a raise.

My mother in law used to get me nasty frickin cologne every year for Xmas. One time on new years day I dumped like 3 bottles of nasty cologne down the toilet. One of them was like 'by Billy Dee Williams' or something. RUDE SHIT.

for the cheap colognes, stetson is tolerable, especially for chicks dancing in country bars. from what i remember.

Every week we get the department store flyer with colgne samples. Actually, i snorted some Britney Spears cologne the other day and it wasn't bad. Usually celebrity perfume sucks. I can't remember if Debbie/Deborah Gibson perfume was any good but if she was wearing it I'd be all over her anyways. Like I WANT to smell like Michael Jordan's jock itch.

I recently have got Chanel no 5 for my wife. Its a classic and its the bomb. Chance by chanel is very good too. And Allure by Chanel is top notch as well.

I owuld buy my wife like 50 bottles of perfume if I could afford it. When women walk by and you catch a whiff, it can be deadly. Edited by regfootball

Speaking of smells... Today I tried this new way of tanning. Instead of going in a bed or a stand up, there's this non-UV spray on thing called 'Mystic' at tanning booths. So I tried it. And it smells strange but I'm not allowed to shower till morning. Blah.

For years I wore Drakkar Noir but then I had a 95% full $50 bottle just up and dissapear from my own damn house. I wanted to replace it but before I could my friend Renato's wife who works at Victoria Secret Cosmetics got me "Sexy for Him" for Christmas. I loved it. Very masculine and yet subtle. I always kept in it in ONE specific spot and was very carefull with it since so many things had disappeared in the meand time. About 4 CDs, 2DVDs and my D.N. just to name a few. I was certain there was a clepto in our midst. I left one morning to go to work at Hannoush Jewlers when I was still working there and next thing you know it's gone when I get back. I'm pretty sure it's one of two Marcia's friends but I've yet to cathc them in the act. It really F***ing bugs me to have to worry about my own shit in my own house though. :angry: So as a direct result I give myself a quick squirt of Axe Body Spray (Essence or Phoenix) if I need to smell good. I refuse to buy another $60 bottle of colgone.

So as a direct result I give myself a quick squirt of Axe Body Spray (Essence or Phoenix) if I need to smell good. I refuse to buy another $60 bottle of colgone.

[post="22656"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Phoenix is the shit. B)

As for real colgone, I have like three bottles I rarely use: "Aspen", Clairborne "Bora Bora", and "Kenneth Cole".

Honestly, out of them all, I prefer my $10 bottle of Axe "Phoenix". It also doubles as a handy room air refreshener or Febreze substitute. :)

My dad used some stuff called Davidoff "Cool Water". It smells good but I think I remember it being quite strong.

Speaking of smells...

Today I tried this new way of tanning. Instead of going in a bed or a stand up, there's this non-UV spray on thing called 'Mystic' at tanning booths. So I tried it. And it smells strange but I'm not allowed to shower till morning. Blah.

[post="22645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does it smell better or worse than the typical ATO? I'm skeptical of the Mystic tanning because it's just a cosmetic tan versus having any real sun protection. I have ridiculously sensitive skin and need all the real tan I can get.

None.  And it seems to be working, because I've had several girls compliment the way I smell.

[post="22675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You remind me of this kid I went to HS with. His sweat didn't smell bad, and actually smelled like eau de toilet most of the time, so we always joked that he sweat cologne!

I usually buy 2 different types at a time. Right now I have "Happy" which is probably my all time favorite and "Beyond Paradise" I figured I'd try the "Beyond Paradise" because my GF has the perfume version of it which I absolutely love. Her version smells like fresh honeysuckles (Those of you who were with us on the last board know how much I love the smell :) ) A couple of other standouts: "Curve" I used to wear because all the ladies LOVED it. I actually wasn't too fond of it myself. and "Chrome" seems to smell good, might have to pick some of that up soon.

Enzora: None. And it seems to be working, because I've had several girls compliment the way I smell.

Yup, we all have a natrual "smell" esp. if hormones are involved. Marcia smells all sexy after her perfume wears off and she says I smell great with nothing on as long as I don't have gasoline/oil/antifreeze/DOT-3/PS fluid or whatever stinking me up. Every time I drive the Camaro she says I "reek" of gasoline. I love that smell. WOT and approaching redline the car's suspension is straining as it attempts to push itself down the road straight and the colw induction hood just shakes under the vibration of the engine all while the headers douse the firewall and floorboards wiht heat and the smell of gas permiates into the interior. Pure Heaven. :)

The wife melts in my arms when I wear Hugo Boss. At first I had a sample vial over six years ago that I wore on occation. She loved it so much she borrowed my favourite hoodie because it had the scent, so I gave the sample vial to her as well. She reciprocated with a gift set of shaving cream and a full bottle for Christmas. I wear it on occation as something different. Whenever I do, she buries her face in my neck and won't let go of me. To hell with the Axe effect. LOL

Does it smell better or worse than the typical ATO?  I'm skeptical of the Mystic tanning because it's just a cosmetic tan versus having any real sun protection.  I have ridiculously sensitive skin and need all the real tan I can get.

[post="22683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Smells worse because it lasts so long. You're not supposed to get wet PERIOD for 4-6 hours after doing it or else you'll get smears.

I don't know about how protective the tan is, but it works pretty well. My feet came out kinda weird, but that's 'cause they were in socks and shoes all night, but nobody sees your feet at this time of year anyway. My right hand is a little darker than my right, too, somehow. But it came out pretty good. Out of the choice of 3 stages, I did stage 2.

The other bottle that I had is Burberry. That stuff rocks. I've also tried every one that Fog has mentioned and have found that Curve attracts the most attention.

Smells worse because it lasts so long. You're not supposed to get wet PERIOD for 4-6 hours after doing it or else you'll get smears.

I don't know about how protective the tan is, but it works pretty well. My feet came out kinda weird, but that's 'cause they were in socks and shoes all night, but nobody sees your feet at this time of year anyway. My right hand is a little darker than my right, too, somehow. But it came out pretty good. Out of the choice of 3 stages, I did stage 2.

[post="22763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's what I was afraid of. FYI the tan has zero protection, it is a dye for your skin.

If you want the best/easiest tan, alternate between megabeds with bronzing bulbs and then some nice HP beds like the Velocity or Vortex. I also recommend Australian Gold Double Dipped Ice Cream...yes there's dye in it, but it doesn't look orange and really helps you get dark fast.

Metrosexual? :lol: j/k... I don't tan, but I need and want to... :D

None.  And it seems to be working, because I've had several girls compliment the way I smell.

I usually don't wear any and I know Bekah would always tell me that I smelled nice. I thought it was strange since I didn't really wear any cologne. When I did, she never really said anything...

Drakkar Noir

You mean I'm not the only one that has this stuff?!?!? lol :P

Every time I drive the Camaro she says I "reek" of gasoline. I love that smell. WOT and approaching redline the car's suspension is straining as it attempts to push itself down the road straight and the colw induction hood just shakes under the vibration of the engine all while the headers douse the firewall and floorboards wiht heat and the smell of gas permiates into the interior. Pure Heaven. :)

[post="22736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If they made a cologne that smelled like that, I might wear it. :)

Edit: Actually, I might be able to soon. My dad just bought a 68 Camaro RS/SS. He's gotta rebuild the engine first, but he tells me the body's in great shape. Edited by Enzora

Phoenix is the shit. B)

As for real colgone, I have like three bottles I rarely use: "Aspen", Clairborne "Bora Bora", and "Kenneth Cole".

Honestly, out of them all, I prefer my $10 bottle of Axe "Phoenix". It also doubles as a handy room air refreshener or Febreze substitute. :)

My dad used some stuff called Davidoff "Cool Water". It smells good but I think I remember it being quite strong.

[post="22661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wear Cool Water... you have to use it sparingly... the effect is better as the day goes on. Once the potency wears off, the cologne is very soft, masculine, and inviting. My first love ever wore it--drove me WILD!