Production G8 nose in Red

Just....wow. I can't wait for shots of the entire car in red. Better yet, I can't wait for when a red one is sitting in my driveway.

Well, we've seen its best angle, style-wise. It certainly looks hot from the front. Of course, the best part of this car will be the drive.

Which judging by edmund's test of the Commodore...it'll be incredible.

This, my friends, is what a Pontiac should look and perform like.

Edited by Dodgefan

Damn that red is just sucking me into a world of lucious RWD 4dr V8 love. I'm glad they kept the logo, it helps differentiate it from the older Pontiacs. Mind you I do love the red arrowhead, but I bet today's consumer can't think of anything good when they see it.

WOW ... sure looks GREAT in red.

I want to see more pics ;).

No there's a paradox...Charger or G8...

Heh ... I was thinking the same thing....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

Not even close to being a tough choice. G8 all the way. The only issue I have with it is that it took 3-4 years for GM's answer to the 300C/Charger!!

Actually it is because while the G8 looks great in it's own way, the Charger badass and pissed...especially in SRT-8 form.

Actually it is because while the G8 looks great in it's own way, the Charger badass and pissed...especially in SRT-8 form.

I consider them to be in somewhat different categories. The G8 looks to be a premium/upscale vehicle, whereas the Charger is more, "blue-collar'esque" . Not that it's a bad thing, but I don't think possible G8 buyers will cross-shop it with the Charger.

No there's a paradox...Charger or G8...

That would be Charger for me. It looks far more distinctive than this Holden clone, has AWD, more powertrain choices, comparable prices and from the look of the pictures, a larger trunk than the G8 and a boatload more character. Pontiac could learn much from this car.

That would be Charger for me. It looks far more distinctive than this Holden clone, has AWD, more powertrain choices, comparable prices and from the look of the pictures, a larger trunk than the G8 and a boatload more character. Pontiac could learn much from this car.

Oh you're singing my song ponchoman94! :spin:

Except the Charger looks much more vulgar and low-class, with a crappy interior to boot. The Pontiac is much more refined.

Except the Charger looks much more vulgar and low-class, with a crappy interior to boot. The Pontiac is much more refined.

How is it low class because it looks pissed?

Also, teh interior design may be nothing to write home about but the materials are fine.

Except for that face and maybe the wheels, the G8 is a forgetable design. Charger is brawny and strong from bumper to bumper. G8 wins in interior design and the Chevy smallblock is the best V8 engine out there... but for exterior looks, Charger has the larger cajones. G8's bodyshell is just too "Mr. Rogers".

Just a mean face to me is taking the easy way out for designers. "Just give it a bad-a$$ face..." Isn't always the way to go, I find the Charger refreshing and would take it hands down over an Accord or Camry any Impala model except the LT3/LTZ/SS or GP GXP/GT. But uhh seriously the interior is decent but nothing to write home about. I like the DTS/Lucerne/Impala interior more... The GP rates about the same in my book.

Although the interior of the Impala has more hard plastic than any of the LX cars.

Yes but it comes down to a styling thing. I am not a nut about hard or soft plastic. Seriously it just has to "look nice". The LX cars have somewhat hard plastics, I have test driven a 2006 Magnum R/T and loved the car even liked the interior. But personally I think the Impala interior is just as nice. Actually nicer.

The Charger looks like a truck. I never liked the horse collar grill in the 60's and I don't like it now. What is next a square steering wheel and the rearview mirror on the dash? Just too much Dakota in the Charger for my taste.

Also the LX interior may be on par with the Impala but the average price of the Charger is much higher so it should be better.

The Charger screams look at me but to me for all the same reasons a Duster with a Mod Top did in the 70's. Now that was an idea that really aged well! I just don't see the Chargers design aging well and in a few years people will look back and say why did I buy that Purple or odd Green RT? What was I thinking just as my father did about his black and pink 56 Crown Vic he had that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Too many designs that seem like a new bold idea today look a little silly and out of place in 10 years. The Charger RT colors and 70's stripe package do not compliment it well and wil not hold up in time. What's next a Levi's interior?

The late 1980's FWD SSE Bonneville looked like a good idea back then as it was bold but today it looks a little cartoonish. The one that followed was a little more refined and distiguished.

Besides all the complaints are on the standard GT car not the unseen GXP that will add spice to the mix. I am betting the zip will be in a more mature M5 kind of way. Lets face it the G8 is for the 30 years and older crowd.

Let just say Pontiac will not add some odd colors, silly stripe and a wing from the 70's and try to think it is cool. The Judge stickers need to stay in the Year One catalog and out of any future GM parts book. "Been there done that and ain't never go'in back!"

The G8 is a car I would expect to see at the Country Club for dinner and the Charger is the one I expect to see at the flee market for lunch.

Just for the record I do like the LX in the 300. It is a design that has class and attitude with no cheap tricks.

The Charger looks like a truck. I never liked the horse collar grill in the 60's and I don't like it now. What is next a square steering wheel and the rearview mirror on the dash? Just too much Dakota in the Charger for my taste.

Also the LX interior may be on par with the Impala but the average price of the Charger is much higher so it should be better.

The Charger screams look at me but to me for all the same reasons a Duster with a Mod Top did in the 70's. Now that was an idea that really aged well! I just don't see the Chargers design aging well and in a few years people will look back and say why did I buy that Purple or odd Green RT? What was I thinking just as my father did about his black and pink 56 Crown Vic he had that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Probably because they wanted something mmore ballsy than silver, white or gray...something that stood out. The colors are wacky and so are the stripes but they will hold up...just the way the wacky colors of the cars of the muscle era do. Bold, powerful, distinctive, and pissing in the eye of conformity...all while being able to haul the family. That's what the LX cars, especially the Charger, are all about.

The G8 is great, and it is more understated than the Charger...but the Charger is awesome in it's own way...it and the LX cars brought big, powerful RWD cars back to the states.l

Probably because they wanted something mmore ballsy than silver, white or gray...something that stood out. The colors are wacky and so are the stripes but they will hold up...just the way the wacky colors of the cars of the muscle era do. Bold, powerful, distinctive, and pissing in the eye of conformity...all while being able to haul the family. That's what the LX cars, especially the Charger, are all about.

The G8 is great, and it is more understated than the Charger...but the Charger is awesome in it's own way...it and the LX cars brought big, powerful RWD cars back to the states.l

People like the wacky colors of the muscle car era now because they're rare and more valuable. If person X bought a lime green Charger tomorrow just to be different, in 4 years person X would most likely be pretty tired of lime green. Now, I could actually see those cars being worth more when it comes time to resell, but only private-party and only to certain buyers. Otherwise, they'd be worth less most likely. I'd rather have something that stands out like stripes than a weird color. TorRed looks good, though.

For instance, which of these paint schemes would you rather have to look at after 5 years of owning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, and technically the GTO got here before the LX cars :P

The Charger isn't bad, but... It's a completely different car than the G8. It's retro, bulky, over the top and excessive whereas the G8 is modern, tight, refined and stealthy. There's a market for both. Personally, though, there's no way I could take the Charger over the G8. That would be like taking a 1996 Taurus over a Millenia. I would have to be mentally unstable. :P

Using the example of the special-edition Chargers isn't entirely fair. Yes, the colors are wild, but an "everyday" Charger R/T in any number of RPO colors looks very serious.

Hanging a pair of bumpers, Ram Air hood, quad exhaust tips and big rims on a plain vanilla VE body doesn't go far enough, imo. There is zero drama in the sheetmetal... all the drama is in the plastic add-on parts. Ho hum, I say.

They also claim that the Gremlin, Pacer, Aztek, Rebel Machine and the like all had drama?

Great looking car is a 1963 Ferrari Lussso, understated and refined.

Are there things I would change on the G8...Yes thew tail lights would be first to go. But at least the car does not look like a Dakota Pick up truck.

The picture of the green car above says it all.

Keep in mind a well styled car would look good in any color. A bright florecent green just points out the truth.

The bright green is like turning the light on an ugly date. She looks good till you see the truth in the day light.

I agree that todays designs are not as good as they could be like the G8 but it is far from bad and compareded to the Charger it is more in tune with todays buyers.

Edited by hyperv6