Production G8 nose in Red

They also claim that the Gremlin, Pacer, Aztek, Rebel Machine and the like all had drama?

Great looking car is a 1963 Ferrari Lussso, understated and refined.

Are there things I would change on the G8...Yes thew tail lights would be first to go. But at least the car does not look like a Dakota Pick up truck.

The picture of the green car above says it all.

Keep in mind a well styled car would look good in any color. A bright florecent green just points out the truth.

The bright green is like turning the light on an ugly date. She looks good till you see the truth in the day light.

I agree that todays designs are not as good as they could be like the G8 but it is far from bad and compareded to the Charger it is more in tune with todays buyers.

Keep in mind styling is subjective so to some, like me, the Charger looks good in any color. The Charger is also in tune with buyers when you consider it's one of the bright spots of Chrysler's sales....it also has a high V8 take rate.

The G8 looks good in the red....but I'd take it in a dark gray...I like subtle colors more, not much into loud colors..but that's just me. No way would I drive a bright green Charger, though it would be a fun drive.

Keep in mind styling is subjective so to some, like me, the Charger looks good in any color. The Charger is also in tune with buyers when you consider it's one of the bright spots of Chrysler's sales....it also has a high V8 take rate.

If it is the bright spot that tells me why Chrysler is selling for 7.4 Billion vs the 36 billion Dailer paid for it.

Jeep is the only thing worth saving and with the last few models they have lost touch with the original buyers. Just try to sell a real Jeep gu a Compass or Liberty.

I wish the new owners luck as they are going to need it.

If it is the bright spot that tells me why Chrysler is selling for 7.4 Billion vs the 36 billion Dailer paid for it.

Jeep is the only thing worth saving and with the last few models they have lost touch with the original buyers. Just try to sell a real Jeep gu a Compass or Liberty.

I wish the new owners luck as they are going to need it.

The Charger has nothing to do with Chrysler's poor performance...the Compass, Aspen, Durango, Dakota, Commander and Sebring have more to do with it.

The Charger has nothing to do with Chrysler's poor performance...the Compass, Aspen, Durango, Dakota, Commander and Sebring have more to do with it.

The Charger is indicative of poor product planning on Chrysler's part. Remember that the Magnum was intended to replace the Intrepid in its entirety before dealers balked at that idea.

the Intrepid brought mainstream buyers into the showroom and kept Chrysler relevant to a broad cross section.

Sorry to be truthful, but Dodge is now a redneck brand like pontiac was, and Chrylser isn't much higher on the radar, it's a bling and dubs brand now.

The best image DCX products can present right now is what happens at the dodge dealer by my house. Chargers and 300's with dubs and tinted windows and tack ons and big ram trucks jacked up another foot in the air. Jeeps with all sorts of bling tack ons. Nitros jacked up a foot with 24 inch wheels and chrome tack ons. And they sure clerk a lot of heavily discounted yet quite dated minivans.

'Mainstream buyers' or appliance shoppers don't go to a Dodge dealer to shop today. At least when they had the Intrepid and Concorde and 300m and LHS, they got more interest. The new Sebring convertible might be the only thing that brings back some of those people. DCX cannot survive on the rehashed musclecar / dubs and bling thing.

Dodge ought to fold up shop, I would even say pickups too. Keep Chrysler and make it an 'American niche brand'. Keep Jeep and do the same.

I'd rather see GM/Ford take their business.

Edited by regfootball

the Intrepid brought mainstream buyers into the showroom and kept Chrysler relevant to a broad cross section.

Sorry to be truthful, but Dodge is now a redneck brand like pontiac was, and Chrylser isn't much higher on the radar, it's a bling and dubs brand now.

The best image DCX products can present right now is what happens at the dodge dealer by my house. Chargers and 300's with dubs and tinted windows and tack ons and big ram trucks jacked up another foot in the air. Jeeps with all sorts of bling tack ons. Nitros jacked up a foot with 24 inch wheels and chrome tack ons. And they sure clerk a lot of heavily discounted yet quite dated minivans.

'Mainstream buyers' or appliance shoppers don't go to a Dodge dealer to shop today. At least when they had the Intrepid and Concorde and 300m and LHS, they got more interest. The new Sebring convertible might be the only thing that brings back some of those people. DCX cannot survive on the rehashed musclecar / dubs and bling thing.

Dodge ought to fold up shop, I would even say pickups too. Keep Chrysler and make it an 'American niche brand'. Keep Jeep and do the same.

I'd rather see GM/Ford take their business.

I don't know what crazy-ass dealership you live near but neither the Dodge dealership nor the Chrysler/Jeep dealership nearby have any of that crap. They're all stock....the only exception being a Charger SXT with the R/T's 18 inch wheels (ZOMG MADNESS!).

...Actually that was sold...so was teh other Charger they had...and their out of stock of Avengers again.

Edited by Dodgefan

If things don't turn around soon with the new owner Chysler/Dodge will change forever.

Their cars are not cutiing it. The Avenger Sebring are their most important cars and the best you can say is they are better than they were but no where near the compitition.

It is not too far fetched the Chysler can end up just being trucks and jeeps if they do not improve their cars.

If Daimler could not fix them who can?

The only real volume bright spot is the PT and it is not as good as it used to be.

Folks Chrysler is on it last stand. If the new buyer can fix them they live if they fail they are gone.

To fix them I expect some radical changes and a much smaller company.

Sorry the Charger may sell ok now but with added compitition sales will slide soon. It is a car you like or hate and I see the majority not likeing it or just indifferent to it.

With few overseas sales and a new owner it will be interesting to see if they follow through with a second gen. They could use the money more for a higher volume FWD car that is much better than the Avenger.

Edited by hyperv6

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the G8... It seems that it's styling is love it or hate it. Isn't that a good thing? :P

IMO it is a good thing, but it is kind of strange that such a conservative car is polarizing when it comes to design...

I liked all of those cars too but the problem is just not enough other people liked them.

After last week in Southern California I have a hunch the G8 will be a big seller there. That is something that Pontiac has not done for a long time.

I see alot of people belly achin that the styling is too ho-hum, and then there's those caught back in the old school about how they miss the losers of the past, but the G8 has styling that is restrained with some aggressiveness. I like it. The don't think its overly boxy at all. I think it has an aggressive stance I prefer it to the Charger because to me the G8 has a higher quality look to it. It appears better put together both inside and out. While I like the Charger, and respect the Hemi under the hood, it reminds me of a bald guy standing outside his "modular home" (P.C. alert!) in a dirty wife beater and stained boxer shorts on a beer bellied bald guy. The G8, despite it stupid name (Gate, anyone?) appears like it would look right at home in a swanky subdivision on the right side of the tracks.

Nothing wrong with being a Redneck brand, Hell, there is nothing wrong with being a Redneck!

I just saw this...I am having trouble reconciling how one can be a multi-lingual redneck. :scratchchin: I could just hear Bubba down in Tex-ass telling you "You speaking that Eye-talian again, boy?" I have gotten flack from college educated people (mostly in the uptight NW) for speaking foreign languages in the office to friends or even while making reservations with Iberia or TAP on the phone.

Pontiac is not a redneck brand at all. It's just a kick-ass niche brand for the General.

I think the rear lights on this new car are 'effin terrible. They say "Mitsubishi 3000" in a big way. Do something original. I can design better cars than most of these f@#ks and I don't even have the specialized training!

Dodge, a "redneck brand" now, you say? Ha! When hasn't Dodge been a "redneck brand"?

Helloooo... General Lee? Richard Petty? Lee Petty before him?

Some may say "redneck", I say "All American", and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

I don't consider myself a "redneck", but I'd own a Charger... and as much as I dearly love GM and desperately want to see Pontiac survive and thrive, the G8 is just too generic from the windshield back. When you see a Charger, you instantly know what it is. G8 is a mishmash of other cars for the most part, and all of them forgetable.

I predict this car will not begin to "save" Pontiac until production is moved to the US and the car is reskinned, as promised.

HOT! :wub: