93 Eldorado

This woman my dad works with inherited a 93 Eldorado with 3xxxx miles on it. She said its too big for her and my dad is seriously considering buying it...I would officially get the breeze until the Electra is done..I'm still a skeptic on him buying a 93 though...I mean its 14 years old for gods sake.

It's pearl white and has a white leather interior.

I don't know the price.

What do you guys think???

My mom is still set on her 07 Sebring Touring...we have to sell the saturn first.

I'm not sure what year was the first year of that body style, I think its 92? anyway as long as its not afirst year model and the car runs and drives nice...and the price is right, sure why not?

I'd buy it. Most of the cars with the 4.9 are reliable, stable and easier to repair cars than those with the Northstar. The only real complaint about the Northstar powered cars is that they do a few electrical gremlins here and there. But from what a few people have said, most Cadillacs have some electrical gremlins here and there.

I remember that Eldorado. I have the catalog. I had considered it when I was looking at the Toronado. The Toronado had more features for the money. I can tell you the 4.9 liter V8 is better. It is because it was a proven engine and the gas mileage is okay. It is like 17 city and 25 highway. I think 1993 was the first year for the Northstar.

Posted Image

I can't believe your mom wants a Sebring!

Don't even begin to mock her! lol We have done loads of research...It's the best value for the price. And yes, my parents actually like the design. Our lovely brochure came today and my mom has fallen in love with YES Essentials cloth, and silver steel metallic paint.

Dealers are so desperate around here that we could get one for a perfect price.

And I think that I'm going to tell my dad that I think he should buy the Eldorado.

Don't buy a front wheel drive Eldorado if it was made after 1970 unless it's a phenomenal deal that you can flip and make a good profit to get a real car with.

Wowzers...my dad said that the lady paid $1500 for it so he's gonna get it for about that. I've also learned of a small scrape on the bumper...but thats nothing compared to the breeze's sea of dents and dings.

Damn. That's really cheap. If I came across it myself... I'd have a hard time not getting it.

Don't even begin to mock her! lol We have done loads of research...It's the best value for the price. And yes, my parents actually like the design. Our lovely brochure came today and my mom has fallen in love with YES Essentials cloth, and silver steel metallic paint.

Dealers are so desperate around here that we could get one for a perfect price.

And I think that I'm going to tell my dad that I think he should buy the Eldorado.

It's ok...my girlfriend likes the car a lot too....but she should spring for the Limited with the 3.5 :P

Myself, I'd get the Avenger...looks better (IMO) and may cost less too.

Don't buy a front wheel drive Eldorado if it was made after 1970 unless it's a phenomenal deal that you can flip and make a good profit to get a real car with.

Like a FWD Riviera! :P

Did you ever sell that?

Edited by Dodgefan

It's ok...my girlfriend likes the car a lot too....but she should spring for the Limited with the 3.5 :P

Myself, I'd get the Avenger...looks better (IMO) and may cost less too.

Included with my mom's brochure was a side by side comparison of midsized sedans and the 2.4 I-4 in the sebring has almost 20 more hp then camry and 2 less then altima...so the 2.4 is definatelly enough. Edited by Ravenfreak13

If it looks even half as good as that one.. You're dad would be crazy to not get it. Hell... If I had the money right now and knew how far away it is... I'd snatch it up, myself. Not everyday that you come across a mint-ish white on white Eldorado with 30k miles for under $5k.

A friend of mine has a '93 Seville with the 4.9..he's had it for 7-8 years, commutes 100 miles round trip it..has almost 200k on it...still looks great, drives smoothly and quietly.. the Caddys were amongst the best of the '90s GM cars, IMHO..

Edited by moltar

I think he's gonna go for it...he seems really excitied about it. The woman has to talk to her husband so I guess the final decision will come by next week.

The woman said that it was the smoothest ride she ever drove...My dad deserves some luxury...he probably feels nostalgic since he had an 88 regal.

It's so funny...he's always had a thing for pearl white cadillacs...and now the oppotunity arrises.