If they Build them,They will come

I'm thinking More in the Design sense. Designs that would sell.

First

2000 Buick Lacrosse,and 2003 Chevrolet SS. Similar design themes, and Dimensions. Nice Op for Platform Sharing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1999 Chevrolet Nomad. Sharp, unique Design theme. Design would transfer well to a Coupe Platform mate.

Posted Image

2004 Holden Torana. Crisp modern design.Build it on an AWD version of Delta 2. Would Fit nicely As an AWD sport compact.

Posted Image

Edited by Ghost Dog

2000 Buick Lacrosse,and 2003 Chevrolet SS. Similar design themes, and Dimensions. Nice Op for Platform Sharing.

The SS should be the next large Chevrolet IMO and the Lacrosse would be an excellent halo for Buick as long as it kept all it's oddities like the clam shell hood, and the suicide doors.

1999 Chevrolet Nomad. Sharp, unique Design theme. Design would transfer well to a Coupe Platform mate.

I've always thought GM should've produced this. I'd almost like to see a sporty Pontiac version more though.

2004 Holden Torana. Crisp modern design.Build it on an AWD version of Delta 2. Would Fit nicely As an AWD sport compact.

Agreed.

I loved the '99 Nomad concept when it came out, mostly cause it had several '69 Camaro influences to it, but now in hindsight the Kappa Nomad was a better looking and more sophisticated design. ---- As far as comparing the Concept LaCrosse to the production, I guess it could be like comparing the Lamborghini Diablo to a base Toyota MR2. Not even close. If the production LaCrosse was a hardtop and had 95% of the concept's styling I'd buy one even if it was FWD. What a sexy car! The production version makes me shudder it's so "Camry-esque". ---- The Torana and SS sedan need to be produced EXACTLY in every detail... possibly wiht the exception of the SS getting the LS7 and a beefed up fully manual trans to back it up. The Torana was simply an amazing idea for a 5-door wiht Muscle car DNA and the SS harkened back to the days of the hardtop/bubbletop cars while looking like an exotic. Why both of these cars are not hitting the streets is beyond me.

GM did make this...

Posted Image
Posted Image
...they should've made more of them.

Buick figures if it can bring the Regal Cielo in for a price approaching that of conventional convertibles (about $5000 more than the solid-roof models), there's enough of a market for a unique four-door convertible to make production worthwhile. For anyone who loves driving top down but needs the practicality of a sedan, the Regal Cielo makes a lot of intuitive sense. And there hasn't been a four-door domestic convertible available since the '67 Lincoln Continental.

-Car and Driver, March 2000

Sigh...

They just should have never stopped building the Cutlass Convertible. It was a large convertible that had just as much trunk space as a sedan, with the 3.4 DOHC engine, it could embarass V6 Mustangs of the same vintage and keep pace with the V8s. It was a great car and even though I have the CTS now, I still miss it often.

I know a few of these actually were built but not in their true un-watered down form. The first one makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :wub:

(incomplete list, GM only)

Posted Image

1965 Chevrolet Mako Shark II

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BTW: Did I mention I HATE most Crossover/SUVs?

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the '01 Borrego:

This one was a no brainer, but GM chose not to for some reason... It could STILL work as a Chevrolet or Pontiac.

I'd STILL love to see GMC go Terradynne and Terracross (Acadia maybe? Terracross was Lambda if I rememeber correctly)

I loved the Cielo and Regal Cielo as well.

GM experimented with a lot of stuff they never put into production the two affore mentioned included. By watching their concepts they were the HOTTEST company in the industry. To bad all that innovation was for nothing

Caddy 16 AND Cien should both have been made.

Agreed!!!

I also think the Oldsmobile Recon could've done a lot for Olds along with the Profile and Alpha.

Hell, IMO we should still be building Fierros and Corvairs.

All of those GM concepts and the lincolns I'd love to have as a production

Some more Non GM:

Chrysler 300 Hemi C
Posted Image
Posted Image

Plymoth Pronto Spyder (is it just me, or do certain aspects of this car resemble the Sky a bit?)
Posted Image

Mercury Messenger (Couger anyone?)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ford 427
Posted Image
Posted Image

2004 SVT Lightning Concept
Posted Image

Certain details of the Magnum concept that never made it but I feel should have been brought over to the production
-Larger wheels (it's a big car, the production wheels look too small IMO)
-Head lights (the HID Projecotrs from the concept just look damn mean)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Looks like the ground effects went toward the SRT-8
Posted Image

Edited by Decka

The above non-GM concepts all deserve to be built, they look great. The Messenger reminds me a bit of an Olds though in the front end (am I dreaming? It reminds me of something...). The Lincolns are sooo damn gorgeous. The Zephyr concept looks so production-ready... the lower bumper details, front and rear, look great. The taillamps look... Lincoln. The production car's tails look... Volvo. I like the roadster's retro, signature Lincoln front end. I hope it appears on the production Aviator, as on the concept, and spreads to all Lincolns. Come on Ford, you've got to move fast to save Lincoln... your oldest luxury brand! I'd sell off either Volvo, Jaguar or Aston Martin and shore up your legacy... Ford, Mercury, Lincoln.