New Corolla?

Yeah, its boring, but it's a Corolla, so they will be lining up at the doors for it.

Toyota (and Honda to an extent) have learned that it doesn't matter what it looks like, people are buying the name.

GM used to inspire that sort of confidence, but not for about 40 years...

I sometimes think that I am a little bit biased and maybe toyotas aren't as ugly as I think they are. Wait a minute, that's the most boring new car I've seen in a while. I bet your local totota dealer is really excited about getting it on the lot. Real people selling real ugly cars.

Ugly. The only thing that's changed is the tail lights... (& headlights) :puke:

dull, but inoffensive and should continue to guarantee huge sales for toyota

Unlike the US, the Corolla is not a staple in Japan. So I don't know if it will have "huge sales" of any sort.

Toyota has a lineup of a bazillion models in Japan.

So this

Posted Image

Is the one we'll see in the US as well?

Ummm, maybe. The US model will be delayed, as all the money went into the Auris hatch (widened, optional IRS) and TMS may think the sedan (more of a facelift) needs more work to stay ahead of the competition. Namely an actual increase in width rather than the Asian Corolla's purely cosmetic increase over the JDM version. If it was up to me I'd build a US version based on the next T-body sedan (tC sibling), but we'll have to wait and see.

The Cobalt sedan isn't ugly, and really neither is the Corolla, current or future. In fact pretty much every compact sedan I can think of is incredibly boring. The only difference is the Corolla doesn't have a snazzy coupe or 5-dr hatch to add some spunk to the line-up. The Matrix isn't much better than the sedan.

Edited by bowtie_dude

The Cobalt sedan isn't ugly, and really neither is the Corolla, current or future. In fact pretty much every compact sedan I can think of is incredibly boring. The only difference is the Corolla doesn't have a snazzy coupe or 5-dr hatch to add some spunk to the line-up. The Matrix isn't much better than the sedan.

I can say that the camry is a good looking 3 ser5ies rip off, but the corolla is just butt ugly. do you really think thats a good looking car? Everytime I see one I can't believe someone would buy such a plain homely looking car. Sure, its reliable, runs good, wahtever, but theres nothing visually pleasing azbout it at all, its hideous. you really think it isnt ugly?

I can say that the camry is a good looking 3 ser5ies rip off, but the corolla is just butt ugly. do you really think thats a good looking car? Everytime I see one I can't believe someone would buy such a plain homely looking car. Sure, its reliable, runs good, wahtever, but theres nothing visually pleasing azbout it at all, its hideous. you really think it isnt ugly?

Its not a good looking car by any stretch, but neither is it incredibly ugly. Just kind of neutral and blah.

The Cobalt pictured above looks snazzier than the lifeless generic Corolla. At least the Cobalt has a decent looking front end, better looking alloy wheels, a sporty optional spoiler and bodyside trim to dress up the endless sea of plain slabsidedness of todays blah sedans.